"The Shed" enter at your own risk

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"The Shed" enter at your own risk

Postby tedandcam » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 am

I figured I would start a new thread related to (but, not limited to) the thread on duct tape started by neilgin1.

I for one have found Neils posts to be quite informative as well as fasinating as to his personal experiences and how they have shaped his points of view and his stategy of preparedness.

I am pretty new at stacking and preparing for what most (if not all) of us believe to be the inevitable fall/collapse of the economic system as we presently know it. That said, it has amazed me how long things have held together. It seems that when you think TPTB have run out of tape ,wire and gum , they prop things up one more time. When will it all unravel? Only God knows that. But, there are a lot of clues and signs. Things will get exponential and then it will seem to happen within the blinking of an eye.

Neil stated that value seems to be in silver due to potential of another confiscation of gold as in 1933. Couldn't the same happen to silver? Or is there something that would prevent a silver confiscation? God Bless You All ! Ted

PS... Neil, you are already in my prayers and will continue to be. Keep us posted on the progress of "The Shed".
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Re: "The Shed" enter at your own risk

Postby SoFa » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:28 am

tedandcam wrote:
I am pretty new at stacking and preparing for what most (if not all) of us believe to be the inevitable fall/collapse of the economic system as we presently know it.

For the record, there is one guy who's not a firm believer in the inevitable fall/collapse of the economic system.

As for gov't confiscation of silver, nothing really prevents it. Gold would be a more likely candidate though.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am

For SoFa - good luck to you and your beliefs. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Rather than follow-up to my post in Neil's previous thread, as I thought I might, I'll put it here:

New readers may want to review this post of mine

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8438&p=81723#p81723

As well as these overall threads started by Neil:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6943

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8438
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Bluegill » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 am

tedandcam wrote:Neil stated that value seems to be in silver due to potential of another confiscation of gold as in 1933. Couldn't the same happen to silver? Or is there something that would prevent a silver confiscation?

The ONLY thing preventing Government from confiscating Au, Ag (or anything else) is the will and desire of said Government.

They can confiscate what ever they god damn feel like confiscating and there is nothing you, I or anybody else is going to do about it. That shipped sailed a long, long, loooooong time ago. When it is in THEIR best interests to take our PM's , they WILL take our PM"s.

And the really sad part, the vast majority of our brethren, our fellow citizens, will enthusiastically support this course of action.
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am

All I can say is that they will have to find it first. I'd be content knowing that one day my children or grandchildren will reap the benefits of what I "planted".

That said I firmly believe that the government will go for the IRA's, 401's, pension funds, etc. before going for pm's. Only there would they find the kind of money they need to feed the beast a bit longer.
Last edited by BamaJoe on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

Bluegill wrote:
tedandcam wrote:Neil stated that value seems to be in silver due to potential of another confiscation of gold as in 1933. Couldn't the same happen to silver? Or is there something that would prevent a silver confiscation?

The ONLY thing preventing Government from confiscating Au, Ag (or anything else) is the will and desire of said Government.

They can confiscate what ever they god damn feel like confiscating and there is nothing you, I or anybody else is going to do about it. That shipped sailed a long, long, loooooong time ago. When it is in THEIR best interests to take our PM's , they WILL take our PM"s.

And the really sad part, the vast majority of our brethren, our fellow citizens, will enthusiastically support this course of action.

how can they confiscate what i dont have?..."shrewd as a snake, innocent as a dove", neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 pm

BamaJoe wrote:That said I firmly believe that the government will go for the IRA's, 401's, pension funds, etc. before going for pm's. Only there would they find the kind of money they need to feed the beast a bit longer.

Bingo. It will be for the good of us all. The patriotic thing ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby theo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:09 pm

BamaJoe wrote:All I can say is that they will have to find it first. I'd be content knowing that one day my children or grandchildren will reap the benefits of what I "planted".

That said I firmly believe that the government will go for the IRA's, 401's, pension funds, etc. before going for pm's. Only there would they find the kind of money they need to feed the beast a bit longer.

And after that they would confiscate the holdings of the ETFs then nationalize the mining companies. I would think bank safty deposit boxes would be on the list at some point or perhaps private storage facilities. These options are risky in their own right. But to physically go after private holdings in private homes would be logistically challenging and politically very dangerous. History is replete with oppressive regimes over playing their hands with the use of brute force. I think its more likely that they would outlaw (or heavily tax) any transaction over say $100 involving PMs.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 pm

So far as I can see, our wealth creation is in negative numbers, as bad as the worst of the 3rd world h holes. We seem well off, but that's only because of the economic wealth we have. That wealth is vanishing. Real employment figures, of the sort used to determine the economic health of other countries, is horrible. Real tax burden and the regulatory burden, is killing us.

How long can the facade be kept up?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Bluegill wrote:

What are they going to do? Come search EVERY house and residence for PMs?? I doubt that.....but then again, could I be wrong? Of course, look at how "safe" we are since 9/11.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:13 pm

BamaJoe wrote:All I can say is that they will have to find it first. I'd be content knowing that one day my children or grandchildren will reap the benefits of what I "planted".

I believe that if the government were to seize everyones assets in a move like that, the amount of civil unrest would be HUGE! Imagine the mass protests in the street, it would make Occupy Wallstreet look like a little picnic.

I sure hope that day doesn't come to pass....
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SteelCityCopper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:27 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:

I believe that if the government were to seize everyones assets in a move like that, the amount of civil unrest would be HUGE! Imagine the mass protests in the street, it would make Occupy Wallstreet look like a little picnic.

I sure hope that day doesn't come to pass....

I think you are right if all current conditions remain unchanged. However, if something provoked this to happen, other things (higher priority) would be on the minds of folks. Not their 401s, IRAs, etc. Protests would not be about paper currency.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cent1225 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 pm

There will be plenty more signs that things are going downhill. Just read about what happened in Europe during the 1930's. We have only seen the beginning of some of this. If we can change direction in the near future, then we will see less and less signs of doom. If however, the course continues as it is, we will see more signs of collapse and doom.

The change occurs slow at first, so as to not upset the people and allow them to accept it. They will create chaos from the top and the people at the bottom will ASK them to stop it. Later on, the chaos will build and more and more, the people will BEG for them to stop it. Then the chaos will increase parabolically and the people will ALLOW ANYTHING to make it stop. That is when the takeover happens.

First they will plant the seeds with the children(as they have already done in public schools and the colleges). Then they will disarm the citizens( as they are attempting to do). Without wepons, you cannot fight back. Then they will confiscate property. (Electronic funds first because they have been tracked). Then they will control the food and water supplies,because you cannot live without these(and you are now dependent upon them for life.) Then they will control your life itself. THEY will determine if you are useful to them, or whether you are more useful as Soylent Green.

Be ever vigilant. You know not when the master comes.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue May 01, 2012 6:34 am

The Answer to Every Political Question
IT IS TOO LATE TO MAKE ANY CHANGES.
IT IS TOO EARLY TO START SHOOTING THE BASTARDS.

LET'S JUST GO TO THE BEACH!

There are a lot of nice, quiet islands in the South Pacific. Fish & coconuts are not all that bad .....
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 am

IdahoCopper wrote:There are a lot of nice, quiet islands in the South Pacific. Fish & coconuts are not all that bad .....

Nice quiet islands that won't let you set foot on their land unless you have a ticket to leave in hand. If they didn't do that they would have all been grossly overpopulated decades ago.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue May 01, 2012 11:46 am

dannan14 wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:There are a lot of nice, quiet islands in the South Pacific. Fish & coconuts are not all that bad .....

Nice quiet islands that won't let you set foot on their land unless you have a ticket to leave in hand. If they didn't do that they would have all been grossly overpopulated decades ago.

Arrive in your sailboat. Thirty-footers are quite capable of ocean crossings. I sailed from Panama to New Caledonia on a 36' sailboat in the mid80s. I saw lots of nice little islands with friendly people.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:45 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:
dannan14 wrote:

Arrive in your sailboat. Thirty-footers are quite capable of ocean crossings. I sailed from Panama to New Caledonia on a 36' sailboat in the mid80s. I saw lots of nice little islands with friendly people.

Right on. i suppose your own boat would be a ticket in and of itself!
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby Bluegill » Tue May 01, 2012 12:54 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:
Bluegill wrote:

What are they going to do? Come search EVERY house and residence for PMs?? I doubt that.....but then again, could I be wrong? Of course, look at how "safe" we are since 9/11.

Not every house, just those known or suspected to have PM's.

This is not as far fetched as most of us believe. We have already done most of the work for them. If you ever bought PM's online, in person with a C.C or with cash and got a receipt, you have a paper/electronic trail leading right to you. Even the deals done on this forum have created an electronic trail.

Let us not forget that the Government has the biggest spy network ever assembled in the history on mankind. Your fellow citizen. All it would take to is accuse PM holders of being terrorists, or assisting terrorists. Throw in a reward, and everybody desperate for money will become an informant.

Every friend, family member, in-law and coworker you know will be a potential rat for profit. How many people know you have at least talked about PM's..?

Up until recently I was of the belief at worst, confiscation would be of a taxation more than physical removal. As long as public perception remained that PM's were just commodities, PM holders would just be a niche group who would become regulated and taxed. That would be as far as it went.

Now I feel that would just be phase 1. At first they will mandate that all PM's are to be taxed, and require registration. This will be easy enough to accomplish with the usual propaganda about paying your fair share and stopping tax cheats an so on. It would get overwhelming support from our brethren. Pretty much a cut and dry matter, just a matter of going through the legislative/executive order motions to have it become law.

Once registered and taxed, then mandate they be stored in an "approved" government institution, for our safety of course, along with preventing any tax avoidance potential...

Unregistered and improperly stored PM's will be contraband. The holder getting accused of treason and threatened with an extended stay in Guantanamo. All the while our brethren spies always vigilant and eager for a reward, watching our every move...

At this point confiscation is mostly done.

Think your just gonna bury it and deny knowledge, or say, "I sold it", guess again. If the Government even suspects you ever came in contact or at some some point owned the contraband PM's, a receipt and/or proof will demanded of you. If you don't have a receipt, it will be your duty to provide the required documentation, otherwise you just committed a terrorist act, and off to Guantanamo you go. Don't be surprised if you family gets hauled off somewhere else for "enhanced interrogations" at the same time.

All the while our fellow citizens will be cheering and praising the Government for apprehending the tax cheat criminals and financiers of terrorist groups.
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue May 01, 2012 1:39 pm

Bluegill wrote:At first they will mandate that all PM's are to be taxed, and require registration.

This would be the time to cash out of everything you own that doesn't fit in the boat, put the PMs in the bilge of your sailboat, and sail over the horizon.

Always keep your passport current.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue May 01, 2012 2:54 pm

You dont need a door to door confiscation. you just need harsh laws for anytime someones PMs surface, and laws stating its time to turn them in for the new funny money. much cheaper and Im sure as in the past most would comply... honestly if it ever came to that, I sure would, besides a tiny stash perhaps...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby merchoarder » Tue May 01, 2012 4:04 pm

I'm not gonna lie, this thread scares the SH&^$%#T out of me!!!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coinwolf » Tue May 01, 2012 7:14 pm

They will have to use a submarine to get mine! All that I had sunk with all my weapons while I was on a offshore fishing trip at the Big Rock! (off NC coast). If you don't believe this place exists google the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament, hell of a good tournament! ;)
coinwolf
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed May 02, 2012 7:08 am

coinwolf wrote:They will have to use a submarine to get mine!

Did I hear "submarine"? ;)
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BBD » Wed May 02, 2012 7:26 am

Oh man!! What a big downer.

I was expecting to see pictures of Adam James in here..........
BBD

Postby SoFa » Wed May 02, 2012 7:27 am

merchoarder wrote:I'm not gonna lie, this thread scares the SH&^$%#T out of me!!!

Me too. I'm sure glad I don't own any PMs.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals