BOTTOM!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

BOTTOM!!

Postby Country » Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Possible BOTTOM shaping up here with SILVER launching off of the $26.68 low of today. SILVER is now at $27.56 and looks stronger in the after hours. We could see a ROYAL CLIMB as the train may once again be on the tracks to higher ground. A retest may be in order, but SILVER's RSI after today was at 11, which is about as low as it ever goes. :mrgreen:

CLICK THUMBNAIL ABOVE TO GET LARGER CHART.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: BOTTOM!!

Postby deacon » Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Looks like it. I was aiming for tomorrows close for the bottom. Good news for stackers.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby BamaJoe » Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 pm

NO - one more day of dropping please. I got my eye on a monster box named Phil.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Wed May 16, 2012 8:57 pm

No dry powder here. Shot my last wad on OneBites 100FV at $2050.

I stacked another 150 oz south of $31.

I just don't like to buy too much at once, regardless of price. I think it pretty cool how you guys understand how the spot price works and interpret all the ratios and stuff.

Myself? I just like to run my fingers through it.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby BamaJoe » Wed May 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Thogey wrote:No dry powder here. Shot my last wad on OneBites 100FV at $2050.

I just don't like to buy too much at once, regardless of price. I think it pretty cool how you guys understand how the spot price works and interpret all the ratios and stuff.

Try this, pour everything out on the floor, lay down and make "silver angels". It's alot more fun than snow angels. :D
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Thogey wrote:I just don't like to buy too much at once, regardless of price. I think it pretty cool how you guys understand how the spot price works and interpret all the ratios and stuff.

Me too. I have no idea what I'm doing as far as interpreting charts and whatnot. I know only that silver is money and I would rather have money in that form than the paper form, so I buy a little whenever I can. If this holds up, I actually timed the bottom fairly well for the first time ever.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Wed May 16, 2012 9:15 pm

BamaJoe wrote:
Thogey wrote:No dry powder here. Shot my last wad on OneBites 100FV at $2050.

Try this, pour everything out on the floor, lay down and make "silver angels". It's alot more fun than snow angels. :D

:lol:

Love it. I don't have enough silver to that yet, but maybe I could try a "copper angel." :?
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rainsonme » Wed May 16, 2012 10:09 pm

I buy a little every week. Could be dollar cost averaging, or it could just be more fun. I will buy some this saturday, just like I did last Saturday, and the ones before that. Price goes down, I will buy. Price goes up, I will still buy.

But I am trying not to visualize all of you rolling in your silver on the floor.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Beau » Wed May 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Country,
you don`t think silver will stay down because of all the Euro problems in Greece, Italy, Spain and who knows what is next ?
your prez. miracle boy may be pulling some strings.
you know he will just before election.
you know your charts, but everything still looks gloomy to me.

and Ray Old Man Ray certainly doesn't have all the answers. He's been getting his butt handed to him in the paper market
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Thu May 17, 2012 12:17 am

greece pushes the dollar up, bad for us bugs in the short term, unless you are stacking. I used to be an eagles only guy, but I bought 10 bars of sunshine today because the premium was so much lower. Not a huge amount I know, but I will be holding for at least ten years and every little bit....
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu May 17, 2012 7:08 am

If I just missed it again i'm going to be so hacked... That's 2 in a row... but, buying today so not too far off if it is.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Thu May 17, 2012 7:14 am

It's 8:05 AM and I am seeing gold pop about $15/ounce inthe last 5 minutes. Bottom? Maybe...but here's my concern:

OK, the Greeks run their banks on monday because their government is broke and stupid and about to leave the European Union. So let's just say, the citizens of Spain, then Portugal, then Italy then Ireland get a whiff of fear. If that fear tilts slightly into the irrational side of things, then you have a run on their uncapitalized banks (although I hear that Ireland is in better shape than the other three). Very quickly you could have a contagious panic. Then - voila - you have 2008 happening in Europe. What does this mean for PM's? It means a sudden run to the dollar, dollar index skyrockets and assets start getting sold to be converted to liquid dollars (selling of PM's even - remember 2008). Only after the sheep realize (in particular here in the U.S.) that there is only ONE physical dollar available for every TEN on deposit, will the price of PM's explode.

Sorry to be a doomsayer but it seems like things would have to really hurt before the true value of PM's is realized.

At least the sun is out here in southwestern Virginia...

Keep stacking!!!!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 am

ALL ABOARD!!

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby misteroman » Thu May 17, 2012 9:17 am

Couldnt have waited til after noon when I goto a few coins/pawn shops for my weekly pick up. Dang POS!!!
misteroman

Postby NHsorter » Thu May 17, 2012 9:24 am

Pow! Here we go. Had a colleague ready to split a monster box this AM, but I was too chicken Sh.. to pull the trigger. Oh well. I think that I am a sick man anyway and I probably should hold off a bit here. My wife just got laid off so I probably should cool my jets. 10+ years as an accountant. Company got bought out a few months back. Shipping the finance dept. work off to Headquarters.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Later » Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 am

if it was, i hit it when my lcs opened yesterday =)
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu May 17, 2012 9:56 am

Correct.....There is a RACE TO THE BOTTOM! ~ A race to debase all currencies of the world! ~ Now showing at a theater new you! ~

Grab your popcorn and drink.

As far as PM prices there is a dip, yes. The bottom, NO! You can't honestly think "the-powers-at-be" and I'm not talking our guy, is going to give up that easy, do you!

As the crisis across the pond heats up people will be running to the tallest midget in the room i.e. the US Dollar and hugging it saying how big and handsome it is! Yet another attempt to push PM prices lower. Gold and Silver are as well all know way to too cheap now!

Sidebar: All stops will be pulled out to say that Gold and Silver are seen as relics of the past versus hedges against chaos! Look back now at this 2010 video with your 2012 eyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYGyGbr0vA

Sidebar: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is planning to purchase more than $2 billion worth of gold on account of rising global risks. The IMF currently holds around 2800 tonnes of gold at various depositories".

In 2009 and 2010 it sold gold in an attempt to keep prices low. It looks like it didn't work to well for them did it?

Copper Catcher

Postby Country » Thu May 17, 2012 10:19 am

$28.10 and still climbing (THE ROYAL CLIMB). :mrgreen:
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby BamaJoe » Thu May 17, 2012 10:31 am

Well last night I couldn't resist. I was trying real hard to hold out for 27.01 to get a monster box of Phils, but that was not to be. Settled on monster box of libertads since they were a bit cheaper and locked it in while silver was at 27.62. It's been a fun past few days and my dry powder if now officially close to gone. If it drops again the kids better watch out, I'll be shaking them down to get there lunch money.

BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SoFa » Thu May 17, 2012 10:42 am

Doesn't look like a very healthy bottom to me.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:45 am

[quote="NHsorter"]Pow! Here we go. Had a colleague ready to split a monster box this AM, but I was too chicken Sh.. to pull the trigger. Oh well. I think that I am a sick man anyway and I probably should hold off a bit here. My wife just got laid off so I probably should cool my jets. 10+ years as an accountant. Company got bought out a few months back. Shipping the finance dept. work off to Headquarters.[/q

The company didn't get bought out by Bain Capital, did it?

I want a monster box!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby db23 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 am

BamaJoe wrote:Well last night I couldn't resist. I was trying real hard to hold out for 27.01 to get a monster box of Phils, but that was not to be. Settled on monster box of libertads since they were a bit cheaper and locked it in while silver was at 27.62. It's been a fun past few days and my dry powder if now officially close to gone. If it drops again the kids better watch out, I'll be shaking them down to get there lunch money.

Looking at the wrong place for Phils. The MB of Phils would have been $220 cheaper @ Gainesville Coins than a MB of Libs @ APMEX.

Plus... I was planning to order those Libs DAMMIT! :lol:
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am

Now that I'm tapped out it's fun to watch it go up. Last night I kept screaming at my computer "NO, down dammit, down." :lol:

BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby db23 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:59 am

I'm not making any big silver buys north of 26.99. Now I just hope the people saying $22 silver in 2-3 months are right!
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Thu May 17, 2012 11:06 am

db23 wrote:I'm not making any big silver buys north of 26.99. Now I just hope the people saying $22 silver in 2-3 months are right!

I wish you luck, but I have a hard time seeing it at that with everything going on in the world and the printing that I see coming. I've been wrong before and am sure I'll be wrong again pm wise in the future, but I'm content getting in at this price for the long haul.

BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals