Ryedale noise factor

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Ryedale noise factor

Postby Josh. » Thu May 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks guys. So I'm trying to put together a list of ideas for keeping the noise level down (not for my own ears in particular, but in general). Thinking of making two wooden boxes to collect the coins that come through, and I'd try to line those with some sort of carpet or rug. Not a whole lot more that can be done there, since coins will be striking coins. At the other end, a book covering the hopper in between refills would work.

Is it possible to slow down the feed speed, thereby reducing the sound produced by the motor? Or would a lower voltage cause a problem? I see there is a separate speed control, but I'm not looking to go for that at this time.
The above post does not contain professional advice or similar information.
Josh.

Re: Ryedale noise factor

Postby MUTiger » Thu May 24, 2012 5:18 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:
JobIII wrote:I never had the chance to try noise cancelling headphones while running a ryedale. That's something I would have liked to experience.

Then how would you hear....or not hear.....when it gets a jam! That's all I hear...or or notice. That stuff you guys are calling noise...is sweet music to my ears. :lol:

They do not make complete silence, just cut dbs by about 30.

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing