BOTTOM!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: BOTTOM!!

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am

shinnosuke wrote:
68Camaro wrote:If that really made sense, if there was cause and effect, then there should be a correlation, even if by a factor. There isn't one. It's true that changes in the USD index and changes in PM prices can be observed to occur at the same times, somewhat frequently, but too often there is zero or even negative correlation, and even when they head in a consistent direction the proportionality factors change constantly. I've been watching this for two years now and have yet to match the pattern. There is FAR more going on than just pricing.

Is there noone then who can figure out the DaVinci Code? You know how people get a kick out of telling secrets (witness the leaky cottage industry built by Julian Assange). Just wondering when some fine chap might step forward and spill the beans.

The "secret" is price itself. Nothing else is needed.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 am

Ahhh i wanted to see 90% coins drop below the 20x range. Looks like it's going up again today.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby emptypockets » Thu May 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Beau wrote:
beauanderos wrote:
barrytrot wrote:I'll stay in the city, thanks :)

No... the roving hordes thank you, Barry. :shock: :? :lol: But hey, I'm in the same boat, so who am I to talk? :o "C'mon over, all you starving freeloaders who didn't plan ahead... let me season those groceries you're attempting to steal out of my garage with some rock salt served at 200mph." 8-)

beau I agree with you all except the rock salt at 200 mph.
I use a 10 gauge with double 00 buck.
a 12 gauge with a 36 inch barrell and 3 and 1/2 Magnum.
if they are close then I use a 9 MM or 44 Smith and Wesson.

I live in town but I don`t intend to when the time comes.
I step outside now in town where I live and fire off a few rounds to make people think I`am crazy, everyone is convinced.
when the cops come by no has heard anything.

5.56 steel case and mb m590a1 12 gauge 1oz slugs

this is a great thread for a newb thanks for all the info gang helps a guy out a lot.....although im short stacked as they say int he poker world ive begun to horde at 10 to 20 oz's a week yeah im a slow starter but better late than never :oops: .....central wisconsin sends their regards (beer)
emptypockets

Postby Engineer » Thu May 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri May 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:
68Camaro wrote:If that really made sense, if there was cause and effect, then there should be a correlation, even if by a factor. There isn't one. It's true that changes in the USD index and changes in PM prices can be observed to occur at the same times, somewhat frequently, but too often there is zero or even negative correlation, and even when they head in a consistent direction the proportionality factors change constantly. I've been watching this for two years now and have yet to match the pattern. There is FAR more going on than just pricing.

Is there noone then who can figure out the DaVinci Code? You know how people get a kick out of telling secrets (witness the leaky cottage industry built by Julian Assange). Just wondering when some fine chap might step forward and spill the beans.

The "secret" is price itself. Nothing else is needed.

Cheers!

There's always tension between deterministic views (cause and effect are what matter) and stochastic views (the why of it doesn't matter why, it's the stats and trends that matter). I think both need to be considered, sometimes different times lead to one have more emphasis than the other. But the most powerful solution, in my view, is the one that can actually understand (not guess) big picture cause and effect details, while also being able to understand the moment by moment data trends.

Regardless, today we have a very good example of negative correlation with USD pricing. PMs are going up, while USD is also going up.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby slickeast » Fri May 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I think I figured out where the bottom is. It is where it can't get any lower. $0.00 is the absolute bottom.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby uthminsta » Fri May 25, 2012 2:54 pm

or face value?
uthminsta

Postby Country » Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm

slickeast wrote:I think I figured out where the bottom is. It is where it can't get any lower. $0.00 is the absolute bottom.

Absolute 0, applies to temperature and stocks that have gone belly up. However, never in recorded history have GOLD and SILVER gone anywhere near absolute 0 - ever!! :)

Actually, I think we have a TRIPLE BOTTOM in PMs occuring right now!! :mrgreen: Of course, that does not mean we're going to the moon right away. Bottom formation takes time... :) I suggest patient accumulation while this bottom formation occurs. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Engineer » Fri May 25, 2012 4:17 pm

The big dealers are raising premiums again.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Fri May 25, 2012 10:46 pm

The triple or quadruple bottom as support just seems too obvious to me, unless there is a shakeout move undercutting the previous lows.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat May 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Just back from a coin show here in San Antonio. One table had 90% at $20.35X face. The show was mostly numismatic offerings. Also saw:
Mexican dos pesos (gold, 1945) for $77ea.
Circulated Peace dollars for $24
Circulated Morgans for $25
Very nice PCGS-graded 1/10 gold eagles for $180
Maple 1 toz. for $1600

Even though I am convinced that prices are going lower when Greece defaults, I couldn't resist all the shiny stuff and went home with fewer Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes in my wallet.

There were a lot of bald heads and gray hair on both sides of the tables...just saying. The younger generations need to get off facebook, set down their Jolt Cola cans and pick up something of lasting value.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat May 26, 2012 1:47 pm

shinnosuke wrote: The younger generations need to get off facebook, set down their Jolt Cola cans and pick up something of lasting value.

I think a big part of precious metals mentality, and willingness to part with FRN's for them, has to do with the stage of life people are in. Realization of how finite life is and the need to prep accordingly to provide your own form of security probably doesn't really begin to strike home until you're past forty, and won't kick into higher gear until your fifties. Probably has some correlation to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs... twenties are partying, thirties beginning families/buying homes, forties you're paying for college but leftovers can start being pointed towards retirement savings. By the time you're in your fifties you've done it all, had your fun, paid most of your bills off... it's time to save. Preferably PM's. Course this is just my take on things.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Sat May 26, 2012 1:57 pm

shinnosuke wrote: Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes

:lol: :lol:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby blackrabbit » Sat May 26, 2012 2:48 pm

beauanderos wrote:
shinnosuke wrote: The younger generations need to get off facebook, set down their Jolt Cola cans and pick up something of lasting value.

I think a big part of precious metals mentality, and willingness to part with FRN's for them, has to do with the stage of life people are in. Realization of how finite life is and the need to prep accordingly to provide your own form of security probably doesn't really begin to strike home until you're past forty, and won't kick into higher gear until your fifties. Probably has some correlation to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs... twenties are partying, thirties beginning families/buying homes, forties you're paying for college but leftovers can start being pointed towards retirement savings. By the time you're in your fifties you've done it all, had your fun, paid most of your bills off... it's time to save. Preferably PM's. Course this is just my take on things.

Also the younger generation is a lot poorer overall then in the past. Unemployment among the young is very high. Believe it or not the only middle class that has expanded in North America since the 1970's has been Mexico's!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:03 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Just back from a coin show here in San Antonio. One table had 90% at $20.35X face. The show was mostly numismatic offerings. Also saw:
Maple 1 toz. for $1600

Even though I am convinced that prices are going lower when Greece defaults, I couldn't resist all the shiny stuff and went home with fewer Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes in my wallet.

There were a lot of bald heads and gray hair on both sides of the tables...just saying. The younger generations need to get off facebook, set down their Jolt Cola cans and pick up something of lasting value.

I was there too. Must have missed you.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 pm

beauanderos wrote:

For the record I was in my 20s when i started saving silver. Although in general I think your right, some of us get it though.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sat May 26, 2012 7:41 pm

chris6084 wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Just back from a coin show here in San Antonio. One table had 90% at $20.35X face. The show was mostly numismatic offerings. Also saw:
Maple 1 toz. for $1600

I was there too. Must have missed you.

ibedurn. Hope you're doing well.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 26, 2012 7:43 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Just back from a coin show here in San Antonio...

Thanks for the report!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Thogey wrote:
shinnosuke wrote: Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, I'll probably end up in some re-education camp for that one. And just to bring this thread back on topic, that will be the BOTTOM of my freedom curve. Things will definitely go up from there.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sat May 26, 2012 7:53 pm

beauanderos wrote:

My dad is getting a bit wobbly on his feet at 81, but he's still picking up an ounce or two here and there. Hey, all you young guys, yeah you guys paying social security taxes you'll never see. Your contributions are going straight to my dad's stack, for which he thanks you. As will his descendents some day.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sat May 26, 2012 7:58 pm

68Camaro wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Just back from a coin show here in San Antonio...

Thanks for the report!

You shoulda been there, 68. In the same convention center there was a coin show (entrance fee $2), a gun show (entrance fee $7 with a San Antonio beauty queen taking payment) and a beads handicraft show (no entrance fee). Somethin' fer everbody!
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat May 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Bottom? I think it is more like 3.38 for 40% and 1.38 for 90%... then it's back to face value.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby uthminsta » Sat May 26, 2012 9:37 pm

shinnosuke wrote:coin show / gun shows (entrance fees) ... beads handicraft show (no entrance fee).

You get what you pay for.
uthminsta

Postby Country » Sun May 27, 2012 7:24 pm

USD WEAKER - FINALLY!! Now let's put some distance from the BOTTOM and move higher early in the week. I posted an article saying how overbought the USD was, and how oversold the EURO was. The gist of the article seemed logical - USD lower means COMMODITIES (and stocks) HIGHER. I'd like to see the USD top out here... :)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Sun May 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Your post sounds like you're glad :|
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals