FREE Gold Found!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

FREE Gold Found!

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 pm

My daughter found a tiny little ring in between some floor boards in our house. It's an antique house with really old flooring. I could see something stamped inside of the band so I pulled out the loupe and sure enough it says 14K! It's a tiny little thing and it feels pretty dense holding it in my hand so I think it is the real thing. I just don't know what that little mark is before the 14K stamp. Anyone know what it is? Ring weighs just over a gram, but I can't complain. How often do you find FREE gold? :D
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: FREE Gold Found!

Postby RD5 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 pm

amazing find, I bet that brightened up the day
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Postby mflugher » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Congrats on gold find, I sometimes find earrings in the parking lot in front of my shop...

Its a Makers mark, kinda like a trademark, or logo for jewelry. you can ignore it.
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Time to trade daughters.

Every time I score at the second hand store, my daughter ruthlessly confiscates the best pieces.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby deacon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I used to work at a bar. Every once in a while, people would lose earrings, or cell phones, or even cash. After a few weeks the owner would allow workers to have things from the lost and found. I wish I had known about the value of these trinkets.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 pm

You've been one lucky dude lately. Nickels falling out of the sky...screaming war eagles...gold rings...what's next?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby jacer333 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Woot woot, congrats!
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh! I just remembered. About 6 years ago I had to replace my hot water heater and I found a diamond engagement ring in the pile of rust and dirt under the tank. Brought it to a jeweler and it is a FAKE diamond. We still have it just for fun, but for a little while I thought we hit the jackpot. It was a pretty good size stone. I have spent hours looking in nooks and crannies everywhere as I renovate. Tons of time detecting in the yard too. And so far my daughter has the best find.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:17 pm

the best kind of gold, is free gold. ;)
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals