When the Bank calls..

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

When the Bank calls..

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 am

Got a call from one of my Regular banks today. The teller asks if I knew why she was calling. Of course I knew.. but I said "Cause you want me to bring by several boxes of rolled pennies?" She says "No, cause we got a lot of pennies in today.. Do you want them?" Well, I am thinking 'Does a fat dog hate fast cars?' Of course I offer to take them off their hands so they don't have to ship them. I go over later in the afternoon and she has $300 in pennies and $100 in nickels. Not a bad little unscheduled pick up. It pays to be nice to your tellers and take whatever they want to get rid of. To quote my favorite little corpulent animated third grader.. "Ssssswwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!"
Gotta love those calls!! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Re: When the Bank calls..

Postby GGerrands » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 am

"Coin"-grats! I went by a bank in my hometown, my old h.s. buddy's little sister is now a teller there. Guess who's picking up $200 on next Tuesday?

Is BoA still allowing you to drop off coin in bags, as far as someone who uses their service knows? I'm saving all the zincs I discard in a checking acct, and when I get it to $1500 I plan on opening a free checking with BoAmerica if they still allow you to drop off with bags. Just a *little* tired of rolling zincs.
GGerrands
Penny Pincher Member

Postby newton7 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 am

GGerrands wrote:Is BoA still allowing you to drop off coin in bags, as far as someone who uses their service knows?

Yes they still take bags. Took two yesterday and I will drop two today. Very easy. Best way is to get the bags ahead of time and fill out as much info on the bags and deposit slip as possible so they have very little work to do.
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:43 am

Oh yeah when the bank calls it is always a good thing. Monday, I was walking into the CU and my fav teller was on the phone and then my phone started to ring...she was calling me :D for a four bag pickup.....So-wheat!
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby jacer333 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Sigh....was rubbing it in really necessary Hoard?
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing