cheap hopper for a cheap comparator?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

cheap hopper for a cheap comparator?

Postby iatetacos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:37 am

so i have been using one of those cheap comparators (coin analyzer or something like that) anyways. it works fine but it sucks handfeeding into this bad boy. anyone know where to buy a cheap autofeed for this and or how to make one? doesnt have to be pretty just functional. and if anyones ever used this bad boy you know it needs to feed relatively slow compared to you ryedale users. i just need something to get me by till i can buy a ryedale too :D
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Re: cheap hopper for a cheap comparator?

Postby RD5 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:48 am

I have a coinalyzer, and I need a hopper to! After my research I've found most feed them to quickly for our comparators. If you find one let me know! :)
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:42 am

I found a hand crank coin sorter for $30, got some hotwheel track and put it where the penny container should be
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 am

Pop Bottle tops work well. Cut off the top to make a funnel. Soften up the screw top area with a lighter and then squeeze it into a horizontal slit. Then feed the coins in more or less one at a time out of your hand and they'll roll right down into the funnel and down through the slit just like those coin donation funnels at the mall.

Works great for the cheapy comparator...but it only makes you want a Ryedale all the more!
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing