Thank You super Sorter

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Thank You super Sorter

Postby joediana » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 pm

thanks to Brinks supersorter the 3 sealed brinks boxes I picked from my branch bank were %100 copper. makes up for some really stinky boxes that I have been getting, hope the trend continues
joediana

Re: Thank You super Sorter

Postby penny pretty » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:08 am

must be nice to be a brinks employee! :D
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:16 am

You should weigh those boxes. You might find a market for 17lb. sealed boxes.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theshoenlebens » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 am

I hear you :P
See my earlier posts. Been getting killed with percentages and then, BAM. out of the last 8 boxs in a month, percentages like 98 % copper were the highest.
Last week I went back to a terrible 10% and thought the party was over but noooo, Thursday I got a VERY NICE 80% copper in my $50 amount. 8-)
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:24 am

Really? Wow. They ended up with some excess sorted copper?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:49 am

Five years ago I started my son Franklin on filling his Whitman folders and we pulled the coppers by sound and had about $200 face and were making a move and had not found this group at that time and did not see the worth of keeping them so we dumped them into the sorter to just by more cents to sort. :mrgreen: So it could be like when you wind a run of old wheats are you find silver some unknowing person dumped them.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ZenOps » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Might just be some "emergency" pennies coming back into circulation.

Many banks sorted out the coppers years ago, and will keep them as an emergency to circulate only when the "zincs" which are floated to the population when circulation is not sufficient.

Its more important for the banks to maintain the illusion that there are enough pennies and nickels, than to actually keep the copper pennies and nickel nickels.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing