2012 pennies

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

2012 pennies

Postby handsorter81 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm fairly new to penny sorting. The last box I picked up had mostly shiny new 2012 pennies. As a result I ended up only getting about 5% copper. Is anyone familiar with this situation and do you know when the mix of pennies should get back to normal? Normal is about 20% here in the Seattle area by the way. Thanks
handsorter81

Re: 2012 pennies

Postby Doctor Steuss » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm

That's just the luck of the draw when you order boxes. Sometimes you get a box that's all new shiny zincs, sometimes you get a box that's shiny new zincs with only a few older cents peppered in, and sometimes you get a box that's loaded with wheats.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: 2012 pennies

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:04 am

Doctor Steuss wrote:That's just the luck of the draw when you order boxes. Sometimes you get a box that's all new shiny zincs, sometimes you get a box that's shiny new zincs with only a few older cents peppered in, and sometimes you get a box that's loaded with wheats.

+ 1 on what DS said, And Welcome to the forum handsorter81 :D You will love it here. Read the threads every chance you get!
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing