Raffle Prize: 10,000 Morgan Silver Dollars!!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Raffle Prize: 10,000 Morgan Silver Dollars!!!

Postby Shifty51 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:02 am

Was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday and at some point the topic of silver came up. Well my buddy informed me that years ago his dad won a raffle drawing and the grand prize was 10,000 Morgan Silver Dollars!!! I was blown away!!! You can't just come out of the blue and tell a silver addict that your dad won 10,000 Morgans. It's too mich of a shock to their system! I asked him where they are now and he said his dad only has 20 left. The other 9,980 were cashed in years ago to help pay for my buddy's college tuition. 10,000 Morgans on a $10 raffle ticket...Not fair!! Who needs a stupid college degree if you're waiting to inherit 500 lbs of silver?  Unbelievable!!! I've been entering the wrong raffles!!!
He who does not respect the penny is not worthy of the dollar
Shifty51
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Raffle Prize: 10,000 Morgan Silver Dollars!!!

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:18 am

Great story. How many years ago are we talking about?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:32 am

Sweet! Too bad he had to get rid of so many of them. But it looks like they did their job as a store of wealth and came in handy for the need at the time.
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:25 am

That is awesome. The only raffle I ever won was an embroidered pillow (charity raffle). If only it had been stuffed with Morgans.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals