Father's Day card from my 7 y.o son.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Father's Day card from my 7 y.o son.

Postby Dano » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 am

So this past sunday my family spoiled me with a wonderful Father's Day. Sleeping late, nice breakfast, hugs and kisses, and a few presents, along with the requisite homemade cards. All great stuff, pure joy and happiness. I am truly blessed with a wonderful wife and 2 healthy, happy, boys.
I've been teaching my oldest son since he was about 3 years old, about my coin collecting hobby and he has shown great interst in it and has started his own small collection. He's almost 7 now, and I think the lessons are starting to sink in. Here is the quote from his card, that he created in school. I believe the teacher gave the kids a "template" of questions to answer in order to make the card, one of which was what does your dad like to do?

"My dad like to collect coins. He is very good at it. He taught me how to find silver coins by listening to hear if they ring."

Just warms my heart!

-Dano
"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."
Dano
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Father's Day card from my 7 y.o son.

Postby sparechange » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 am

Great story, got to love it when your children start to emulate your good habits.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby newton7 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:19 am

Congrats on the card. It does warm the heart when you see them start to understand the value of collecting and saving.
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:43 am

+1 The love of a child....So Sweet.....What a precious gift!!
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals