Fun times at the Arcade today

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Fun times at the Arcade today

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:35 pm

1st Stop: poured around $75 into the machine when the bag needs changing. Teller opens her up & there's about $75 in loose Lincolns on the floor. Wonderful :roll: They took pity on me & paid me, even though I offered to help clean up.

2nd Stop: No drama with the dump, until I reached my mitt into the magnet and got fish hooked thru the middle finger...Yeeyow! Hurt like a be-yotch. And that's my good magnet scraping finger, too

3rd Stop: major coin jam down below. Teller removes the top and there, bent & crimped & pointed right at us, is a live round. Wingnut starts to whapping on it with the butt end of a screwdriver, and I'm, "uh, ya might not want to be doing that..." One teller suggested calling the cops. Obviously, not an NRA member. It reminded me of a time when I had a 9mm round jammed ever so hellishly in my my brand new UZI. I put the gun down and backed away, smoked a couple Camels to regain my nerve.

Anyway, I managed to pull this .38 out with my fingers with no fatalities.

How was your day?
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Fun times at the Arcade today

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Had to chuckle at this one - I've had some arcade days much like that, especially in the past. Lately it's been mostly just boring skunks.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby twentybux » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Interesting day. Can't say that I have looked down the barrel of a loaded coin machine. :D May have misread but you said "magnet scraping finger" and not "scraping finger", right? :lol:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Call the cops! :lol: :lol:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby avidbrandy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:45 pm

I hear if you stick bullets in the coin counters, silver and emergency rations will pop out.....Or maybe it's the other way around.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cuag » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Imagine the excitement if that round had gone off in the bank. Everyone would have dropped to the floor and Cliff the 75yr old security guard would have slid his revolver across the floor and all that could be heard would be the "teller assistance needed" tone from the counter.

I can't remember the last time I've dumped and did not fill a bag, and these were only like 8lb dumps of assorted change.
cuag

Postby fb101 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Yeah. Had to give up on the magnet.
Left middle finger started looking like I been strummin a cheese grater.
It was beginning to get short and losing the dramatic effect when pointing to the sky with it surrounded by three knuckles.
fb101

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing