banks robbers?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

banks robbers?

Postby stlouiscoin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:14 pm

I saw a story about a band robery on the news tonite, and it got me wondering, with all of us going to banks to frequently, has anybody been there while it was being robbed?
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: banks robbers?

Postby RD5 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Never thought of this, I bet somebody has had a run in
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Postby BlackOut » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:28 pm

I had a near miss as well. It wound up being a high speed pursuit then a gun battle with one perp dead.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:31 pm

If you've seen my pic....there are days while walking out the bank doors.......me holding $50 canvas bags of pennies in each hand....it does raise the eyes of those in the bank paring lot!

:D
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tinhorn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 pm

We better keep an eye on this guy.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby deacon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:49 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:If you've seen my pic....there are days while walking out the bank doors.......me holding $50 canvas bags of pennies in each hand....it does raise the eyes of those in the bank paring lot!

Wear shades and constantly look around, like you are expecting people to jump you. Sprint to your car. Preferably a car that has a driver waiting for you. That will really get their attention. :twisted:
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby jasonI » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 pm

I once worked adjacent to a bank. One day I was washing the delivery truck and out of the corner of my eye i saw a guy with a backpack walking across the property from the direction of the bank. This didn't raise any suspicion as people would cut through that particular area walking from time to time. About a half hour later the police are asking me for a description of the guy and which direction he was moving and so forth. He was caught a few weeks later when he tried to buy a truck. Seems the dealership got a little suspicious when he tried to pay with a sack full of cash.
"The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom." – Justice William O. Douglas
jasonI
Penny Sorter Member

Postby lance » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 am

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:If you've seen my pic....there are days while walking out the bank doors.......me holding $50 canvas bags of pennies in each hand....it does raise the eyes of those in the bank paring lot!

Lol same here....im 6'4 with lots of tattoos....
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm

I now drive a black Ford Crown Vic and I park on curb, near the door when unloading bags i.e. making my own load zone. Everyone assumes I'm "The Man" so who am I to tell them different. :D

Plus, if I happen to be wearing a suit, traffic literally stops to let me out of the parking lot on to the street.

You got to love a car that gives you those type of perks! hehehe
Copper Catcher

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:I now drive a black Ford Crown Vic and I park on curb, near the door when unloading bags i.e. making my own load zone. Everyone assumes I'm "The Man" so who am I to tell them different. :D

Plus, if I happen to be wearing a suit, traffic literally stops to let me out of the parking lot on to the street.

For a second....thought I was reading that Adam Young thread!!!! :D
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby penny pretty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 pm

stlouiscoin wrote:I saw a story about a band robery on the news tonite, and it got me wondering, with all of us going to banks to frequently, has anybody been there while it was being robbed?

a BAND robbery? YES adam young proved the beatles stole all his songs!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 am

Copper Catcher wrote:I now drive a black Ford Crown Vic and I park on curb, near the door when unloading bags i.e. making my own load zone. Everyone assumes I'm "The Man" so who am I to tell them different. :D

You forgot to mention your Sun Glasses 8-)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing