Buying Silver on this site - is it safe? Buy now or auction?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Buying Silver on this site - is it safe? Buy now or auction?

Postby Day9 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Silverbugs,

I have learned (from you) that to avoid California sales tax on small silver purchases I am better off buying online. I'm not very eBay savvy so I am considering buying from members on this site.

Should I browse the Buy Now members-only forum? The auction forum is pretty empty... What is the kitchen-sink auction??

Has anyone ever been scammed or ripped off buying on this site?

Thanks!
Last edited by Day9 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Day9

Re: Buying Silver on this site - is it safe? But now or auct

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Check the "Feedback" link. There are only, I think 4 negative feedback issued so pretty good percentage.

That said, there is still no guarantee, of course.

I would recommend reading the feedback of the person you are doing business with.

For amounts that are higher than your "comfort zone" I would only deal with those with 10+ feedback.

For me, what I do, is if it is someone with less than 10 or so feedback, I make them pay or ship first. It removes my worry and they generally trust me because I have done a few transactions.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Day9 wrote:
Has anyone ever been scammed or ripped off buying on this site?

Thanks!

Hate to say it, but yes. Atleast three I know of have been ripped off here. (well two of those were the same guy, but 3 deals) It is well into the many 1000s of deals that went down as they should though. Deal with one of the established members with solid feedback and imo the chances of being robbed are zero.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16486

This member is in your own state. Its a big state so a local deal might not be possible but you cant go wrong here. Many other great members here as well I wouldnt hesitate to send 10,000s of thousands to without a worry in the world.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 pm

As long as the member has many posts showing commitment to this community and some positive feedback on transactions I would not worry about buying here. I have done so many times thus far with no problems. I would trust many folks here with big bucks as well. People generally work to keep this site on the up and up with no scamming, but there are a few morally questionable folks lurking about so do your homework and know what you are buying. If you have questions about stuff ask just like you are doing here.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Treetop wrote:http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16486

This member is in your own state. Its a big state so a local deal might not be possible but you cant go wrong here. Many other great members here as well I wouldnt hesitate to send 10,000s of thousands to without a worry in the world.

Most of my deals have been with Beauanderos an all worked perfectly
His coins have always been as described :D :D Rosco
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals