Question About Very Large Silver Purchases

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Question About Very Large Silver Purchases

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:31 pm

I doubt anybody on here would know this answer but at least you would have a better guess than I do, when Eric Sprott or any of those big names purchase lets say 50 million ounces of silver, is this in the form of silver bars? Could it be as diverse like 1 ASE's, 10 oz, 50 oz, 100 oz bars. Just curious.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Re: Question About Very Large Silver Purchases

Postby im2shakey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:56 pm

I would think that he purchases actually large size bars(1000 oz.) but it is housed in huge vaults and is not moved much, considering his last purchase was 45,000,000 million troy ounces which is 3,085,714 pounds of weight, which would take over 64 tractor trailers to move at 48,000 pounds each...WOW, numbers will amaze you!!! So to maybe answer your question, I would think he buys paper, which is backed by actual silver.
im2shakey
Penny Sorter Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:14 pm

im2shakey wrote:...I would think he buys paper, which is backed by actual silver.

I know he doesn't do that.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby im2shakey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:19 pm

He may not, but logistically, It does not equate out to move this much silver around from vault to vault at over $3000.00 a truckload.
im2shakey
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:45 pm

He buys london good delivery bars, which are stored at the Royal Canadian Mint. Just go look at the web site and they'll show you the audit details.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals