Could This be What's Lighting the Fire Under Silver?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Could This be What's Lighting the Fire Under Silver?

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 am

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Could This be What's Lighting the Fire Under Silver?

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am

beauanderos wrote:http://thedailycrux.com/Article/41142/Silver Sounds great, if true :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sKzPBu2M8A
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:56 am

shinnosuke wrote:
beauanderos wrote:http://thedailycrux.com/Article/41142/Silver Sounds great, if true :mrgreen:

Doug, I'm at work. Youtube is blocked. What's the gist of this?
beauanderos

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 am

I have seen that on mainstream reports plus, SLV had very large buys 3 days in a row.
2.5 million shares of SLV at 11:30AM on Monday, 4+ million after 9:30AM on Tuesday and 4+ million after 2:00PM Wed. and haven't look at yesterday.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:16 am

reddirtcoins wrote:

I have seen that on mainstream reports plus, SLV had very large buys 3 days in a row.
2.5 million shares of SLV at 11:30AM on Monday, 4+ million after 9:30AM on Tuesday and 4+ million after 2:00PM Wed. and haven't look at yesterday.

If China is starting to accumulate silver, then buying SLV is one way to do it. There's something in the prospectus about redemption of shares (I think it's 50,000 at a time, but it might be 50,000 oz) to withdraw physical from their depository. Imagine if they start to do that... and the ETF is unable to comply by producing actual physical??? :shock:
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 am

Doug's post was a Wizard of Oz excerpt...

The PRC and SLV buying is very interesting. Also possibly related is the claim that JPM's short activity is about to be exposed and the managed manipulation (at least by that means) is coming to an end, or perhaps (as recently demonstrated) already ended.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 am

beauanderos wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

Doug, I'm at work. Youtube is blocked. What's the gist of this?

Sorry, Ray. It's a stupid 10 second video of the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz saying, "I do believe in spooks. I do, I do, I do believe in spooks." In other words, I believe the crux of the article could be true.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:55 am

shinnosuke wrote:Sorry, Ray. It's a stupid 10 second video of the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz saying, "I do believe in spooks. I do, I do, I do believe in spooks." In other words, I believe the crux of the article could be true.

my favorite character in The Wizard of Oz :D
beauanderos

Postby avidbrandy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I definitely see possibility in this. China has been dumping their US treasuries, and at the same time hoarding gold as much as possible without causing too many ripples. I believe their eventual goal is to back the renminbi with gold, but that's just my two cents.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:56 pm

They hashed this out over at Zerohedge not long ago, and it was in the news. Nobody is going to back their currency with gold, their is not enough of it to do such a thing. Me, I look along the lines of the dinar/dirham which they are (I think), finally just starting to make out of silver. They have about 10 different gold coin sizes (no face value), but do have one silver coin now I see. Silver did not have much value just a few years ago, but if it's going to hold it's value, and stay somewhat stable, I could see it being used for commerce more so, especially with inflation rampant in local economies, I don't see why more people do not use gold/silver for local commerce.
Personally, I think silver is up because of QE rumors, also China is injecting 4 trillion into it's economy over the next 5-10 years. China is stacking copper again, like they did leading up to 2008, and if copper production is slowing down, silver production should be down somewhat as well. On business cycles running in ten year cycles means silver mining should still be ramping up for quite a few more years yet. Investor demand in my opinion for silver is still heading north. I've had to take a big step back from PM's, I don't want to, but I'm going to wait for the dust to settle or next recession before heavy accumulation. Actually, I have no choice, my income is just to limited.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals