A lead on the IH's...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

A lead on the IH's...

Postby jacer333 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm beginning to suspect that the remaining wild IHC's have been communicating and are migrating to Nebraska to make their last stand at avoiding collectors. I found another today, a nice 1905. This marks my 18th Indian since starting to sort 4 years ago, and 8 in this year already. Stay hot on their trail, the Injuns are on the run folks! 8-)
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: A lead on the IH's...

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:14 pm

youve got it too easy over there...

if i can make it down to an NU game this year i'll flood your area with zinc :twisted: :D
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby jacer333 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Bring it on, I need a challenge! Whereabouts are you located?
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheba » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 am

Hmmmm ..... wonder how to tell those wild Indians that its safer to hide in rolls of pennies in Iowa :lol: We'll certainly treat them nice and give them a very good home! Hven't seen a 'wild' Indian in my searching (hand sorter) in over two years. And it was the Indians that called this state "Iowa" which means in their language "the beautiful land". Come on over, wild Indians ... stay for awhile, please! :lol:
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 pm

PEOPLE! PLEASE! native american heads.ya durn insensitive white men!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheba » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:11 pm

OK .... 'NAHs' or 'IHs' .... just come to Iowa and stay in the beautiful land until some of us 'insensitive white men' locate you :lol: :lol:
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby penny pretty » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Sheba wrote:OK .... 'NAHs' or 'IHs' .... just come to Iowa and stay in the beautiful land until some of us 'insensitive white men' locate you :lol: :lol:

I have just the man for the job!
Attachments
yosemite-sam.png
yosemite-sam.png (152.05 KiB) Viewed 577 times
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 pm

As a member with 1/32 Indian blood. I herby grant you the permission to use the term "Indian"

You may also root for the Braves or the Redskins, without guilt or consequence.

So it is written so shall it be done.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheba » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Is it OK with you if we include rooting for the Cleveland Indians? They are pretty sad as a team, so certainly need all the help they can get. And this is not intended as any kind of bad comments against 'Native Americans'. :D
Sheba

Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby jacer333 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:56 am

Thogey wrote:As a member with 1/32 Indian blood. I herby grant you the permission to use the term "Indian"

Phew, thought I was going to be in the realcent "doghouse". And I would sure hate to offend those beautiful cents and cause them to leave my area :)
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:59 am

I have high cheekbones so I must be part Indian or simply contemplating how good I would look running for US Senate, whatever the case may be. I found 4-5 IHs when I was handsorting...over a span of about 6 months....so Texas still has a few.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Thogey wrote:As a member with 1/32 Indian blood. I herby grant you the permission to use the term "Indian"

ROOT? rootin tootin high fallutin INJUNS..oops my agents and their lawyers told me I cant say that.
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:08 am

+ 1 :D
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Dano » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:40 am

shinnosuke wrote:I have high cheekbones so I must be part Indian or simply contemplating how good I would look running for US Senate, whatever the case may be. I found 4-5 IHs when I was handsorting...over a span of about 6 months....so Texas still has a few.

You must follow Massachusetts politics then!
"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."
Dano
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Dano wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:I have high cheekbones so I must be part Indian or simply contemplating how good I would look running for US Senate, whatever the case may be. I found 4-5 IHs when I was handsorting...over a span of about 6 months....so Texas still has a few.

Yep, ridiculous, isn't it?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mauserman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 am

shinnosuke wrote:
Dano wrote:

Yep, ridiculous, isn't it?

Easy there Lie-e-watha, you'll scare them IH's into checking special privilege boxes and getting too far ahead of us thus escaping our penny collections. ;)
Mauserman

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Do they let contenders for the US Senate display photographs of their hairy chests? :shock: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby MUTiger » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:35 pm

:D :lol: :lol: Do you have any good Indian cookbooks?

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:40 pm

mutiger wrote: Do you have any good Indian cookbooks?

Indians are too lean and gamey for my tastes. Polynesians are much more tender and have better flavor. ;)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 pm

beauanderos wrote:

Do they let contenders for the US Senate display photographs of their hairy chests? :shock: :lol:

That was just one occasion when I let my hair down while under the control of the screaming war eagle of testosterone. Never again...I promise.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 pm

mutiger wrote:

:D :lol: :lol: Do you have any good Indian cookbooks?

mutiger

Feathers or dots? ;)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby jacer333 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 am

And the tribe continues to grow here....found a 1865 in decent shape today! I believe that is the oldest I have found in the wild :)

Edit: Just fished a 1901 out of the rejects too :thumbup:
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 pm

I have yet to find any in the wild...
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jacer333 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 am

SilverDragon72 wrote:I have yet to find any in the wild...

You are welcome to move to NE if you want :wave:
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing