Ouch.. think I gotta move the pile-o-pennies...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ouch.. think I gotta move the pile-o-pennies...

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:28 am

Think we are going to sell and find a house on a lake.. the prices are right, and the kids are out of High School... I was going to buy a bigger boat, but I think waterfront property is a better investment than a 30 foot boat... looking for a freshwater lake.. one of my unspoken needs for the house we find is a good spot for the pile... My wife is busy looking at the kitchen cabinets, Im looking at the places to hold a stash... I think I am going to stop sorting for the next few months till I have the new place....Im not looking forward to lifting all those containers..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Ouch.. think I gotta move the pile-o-pennies...

Postby slickeast » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:35 am

Use a handtruck and a trailer.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby everything » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 pm

To me, lake front is not all that, those two strokes are loud and they get out early in the morning, and all summer long when it's nice to have the windows open, sometimes the lake smells, taxes can be higher on the waterfront, but if you got the bling and your really nuts about being right on the water then go for it. Also snowmobilers in the winter.. Sometimes, the water table right on the lake is not all that great, unless your connected to city water. Look for a place facing West for the sunsets. Otherwise, go for a place over looking the lake on higher ground where you got less neighbors as sometimes houses are kind of jammed together fighting for that lakefront access, and you can get better views than just looking at water. Also, you can meet the neighbors and find one that will let you park your boat on their dock during the summer as well. On some lakes you can just leave your boat right on the water at public or resort area for free. But, with all that being said, all lakes are different, good luck!
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:40 pm

RENT!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm

slickeast wrote:Use a handtruck and a trailer.

What is a handtruck? I am fixing to have to move my stash too in the next week or two.... I am soooo dreading it...... Any help with ideas would be very appreciated...
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Numis Pam wrote:
slickeast wrote:Use a handtruck and a trailer.

What is a handtruck? I am fixing to have to move my stash too in the next week or two.... I am soooo dreading it...... Any help with ideas would be very appreciated...

If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Dang that was a fast reply!!
Oh....ok.... we call that a dolly way down here in redneck country ...Thank U so much Thogey :-)
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ScottyTX » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Numis Pam wrote:Dang that was a fast reply!!
Oh....ok.... we call that a dolly way down here in redneck country ...Thank U so much Thogey :-)

Handtuck humm yeppers we call those buggers a dolly down here, well to be fair I have also heard the term Handtruck used a time or two :D
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Heres an idea, store copper in your SECOND boat! here is an inexpensive one(does not float) that you can put on your lawn, and wont draw undue attention! glad I could help!
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.46 KiB) Viewed 571 times
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ScottyTX » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 pm

We will be looking at a new house in the next few years and my wife actually told me..now get this.. that I need to get rid of all those pennies before we move cause they're not coming with us. It almost started a full out riot in the house :)
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hags » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 am

ScottyTX wrote:We will be looking at a new house in the next few years and my wife actually told me..now get this.. that I need to get rid of all those pennies before we move cause they're not coming with us. It almost started a full out riot in the house :)

I got $20 on the wife.....

hags
hags
Penny Pincher Member

Postby tedandcam » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 am

ScottyTX wrote:We will be looking at a new house in the next few years and my wife actually told me..now get this.. that I need to get rid of all those pennies before we move cause they're not coming with us. It almost started a full out riot in the house :)

Are you going to miss her? :lol:
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby sparechange » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:53 am

Tell her you will expand the new doghouse.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:37 am

A hand truck, also known as a two wheeler, stack truck, dolly, trolley, trolley truck, sack barrow, sack truck, or bag barrow.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Sheba » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 pm

All I can think to say is 'good luck on your penny move'. I think, given a little timeto consider all aspects of your move, that you wife would be worth far more than you pennies, but perhaps you can negoiate a mutually acceptable agreement with her. Of course flowers and candy might improve your chances of winning :lol:
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rosco » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Worse yet Our Son's are on her side

:o Ill just Out live them All :lol:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:28 pm

hags wrote:I got $20 on the wife.....

Me too. Who's collecting the bets?

My two cents would be to sell the copper hoard and buy silver to keep her happy...until she sees you rebuilding it. :mrgreen:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RichardPenny43 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:48 am

slickeast wrote:A hand truck, also known as a two wheeler, stack truck, dolly, trolley, trolley truck, sack barrow, sack truck, or bag barrow.

You forgot handcart. ;) :lol:
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby everything » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:10 am

Alright, the thread de - evolved into the battle of the sexes. Your insecurity pollutes your path to purity, a lyric from "Nothing to prove". If I married my girlfriend all my PM's would be liquidated. Her father keeps a camper in his driveway, I'm like what's this thing for, you live in the middle of nowhere, he's like this is where I go to get away from it all, I say what?, he says.., you know.

Actually, a dolly has 4 wheels.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 am

In N.Y.C. this is a dolly.

CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby penny pretty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:49 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:In N.Y.C. this is a dolly.

no, THIS is a dolly! OOPS wrong forum... :oops:
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.23 KiB) Viewed 402 times
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby bazmonkey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:57 am

CardsNCoins wrote:In N.Y.C. this is a dolly.

Same everywhere west of Colorado, I think. If a handtruck is a dolly, what's a dolly in "redneck country", "down there"?
bazmonkey

Postby mtldealer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:15 am

Oooh I feel your pain. I can't count how many times I have heard... "stop playing with your pennies." at one point my fiancée said she would rather me go to a strip club cause I would spend less time per week there than I would sorting.
mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:34 am

mtldealer wrote:

Oooh I feel your pain. I can't count how many times I have heard... "stop playing with your pennies." at one point my fiancée said she would rather me go to a strip club cause I would spend less time per week there than I would sorting.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to ask for a Ryedale. ;)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ScottyTX » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 am

mtldealer wrote:

Man, I'm sure If I were to do that she would still say your not touching me with those fingers tonight.....sigh ;)
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing