greed

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

greed

Postby penny pretty » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:37 pm

I dont think of myself as greedy,but this hobby brings it out in me. sorting $20 in CWRs I just picked up.I see 15 from one 5 from the other(customer). do the larger amount first, not bad, about 30%. then the 1st roll of the ten left 50% and 5 wheats! 5 wheats in a roll is my record.well the others averaged out at 40% CU. found 8 wheats in one roll(yay new record) and at least 3 wheats in the rest. 42 wheats total in 10 rolls. While I should be happy,I am greedily wishing I had ALL those good rolls. Going back to same branch monday morning to give it a shot.
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: greed

Postby NHsorter » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Wanting high yields is not greed, it's optimism!!!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby bman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:18 pm

check to see what other rolls they have while you are there, the person that turned in those pennies might have cashed in some other old coins! ;)
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:56 pm

bman wrote:check to see what other rolls they have while you are there, the person that turned in those pennies might have cashed in some other old coins! ;)

I always forget to do this.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby bazmonkey » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:09 pm

I actually got into coins when I went to get dimes for my old job and happened to get $15 fv in CWR silver! I tried going back. The tellers husband collects and she said I was damn lucky to even find those.
bazmonkey

Postby penny pretty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 pm

bazmonkey wrote:I actually got into coins when I went to get dimes for my old job and happened to get $15 fv in CWR silver! I tried going back. The tellers husband collects and she said I was damn lucky to even find those.

now I want your rolls instead of mine! see? greed :D
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing