Good deal on Penny roll tubes - For those who roll

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Good deal on Penny roll tubes - For those who roll

Postby goodcents » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Hey all,
Hope this is ok to put in here. I like helping fellow penny sorters out with deals I find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMF-Preformed-T ... 484421af74

$15.00 per 1000 pre crimpt rolls including free shipping. That's about as cheap as I've ever found.

Joe
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Good deal on Penny roll tubes - For those who roll

Postby bazmonkey » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Walmart ships 1000 flat paper rolls for right about $8. For those of us who personally don't mind flat rolls and like the space saved, half of the preformed price is the performing...
bazmonkey

Postby goodcents » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Depends on customer base I guess. I have a power roll crimper so i like the shotgun style.
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 pm

goodcents wrote:Hey all,
Hope this is ok to put in here. I like helping fellow penny sorters out with deals I find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMF-Preformed-T ... 484421af74

$15.00 per 1000 pre crimpt rolls including free shipping. That's about as cheap as I've ever found.

Joe

Not Available to Alaska/Hawaii

*bad finger*
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby penny pretty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:36 pm

ty. exactly what I buy. bought first box from staples for 20 bux. second from amazon for $13 plus $4 shipping. I will get my next one there!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheba » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 pm

This sounds like a really good deal, but I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

Will these coin tubes work with the N.F.String hand crimper that was recently mentioned on the forum?

Being a hand sorter, I don't have a need for an expensive, automatic crimper.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give.
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Sheba wrote:This sounds like a really good deal, but I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

Will these coin tubes work with the N.F.String hand crimper that was recently mentioned on the forum?

Being a hand sorter, I don't have a need for an expensive, automatic crimper.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give.

They *should* work with any roll, but they work best with the heavy duty nf string rolls.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ScottyTX » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 pm

I believe someone posted a link to this in the past and I have ordered from them every since. Great deal on rolls and you get them strait from NF string & son. I believe it comes out roughly to 15.00 with shipping included but they do not quote shipping charges directly anymore. It may be a hair cheaper than that as well, I can't recall for sure as it had been a bit since I last ordered.

https://secure3.nfdc.net/nfstring/prodp ... elected=14

Edit to add: On a side note these are pre-crimped rolls and the coins fit a bit more snug than most I have used in the past. Maybe that would be better for the plastic end crimpers but I would not know as I have never used the crimp and twist devices. I do know my automatic counter has a harder time dopping batches of 50 coins directly into the tubes with the tighter fit and most of the time I'm left filling them manually after the batch count....sigh.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing