where do you guys store your nickels?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

where do you guys store your nickels?

Postby 97guns » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 am

so im still an aspiring hoarder managing to stack 12 boxes of nickels so far. ive been just throwing them on my headboard and last night when i went to sleep it finally gave way, now im looking for a new place to store them. i have 2 large gun safes but theres no room in there for nickels.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Re: where do you guys store your nickels?

Postby 97guns » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:08 am

whoops wrong forum
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby MikeP2020 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't have that many, but I store mine in the bank boxes they come in from the bank, and six boxes fit nicely in one of those large cat litter / cat food square plastic containers, which stack nicely in a closet in the basement.
MikeP2020
Penny Collector Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I use old ammo cans... rolls fit in nice with a convienent carrrying handel
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slvrbck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:55 pm

I have the same problem. . . too many gun safes and no room to lock up other valuables. :D I keep my nickels in 5 gal buckets, large water bottles, anything that make it difficult to run off with. I feel a substantial gain in nickel not too far down the road.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:25 pm

I can always store them for you. Check out the link in my signature.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby frugalcanuck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:01 pm

I say buy a few more and use them to prop up your bed.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals