Status

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Status

Postby OtusLotus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Just to give everyone an update...

I live in Freehold, New Jersey. It is considered Central/ Shore Area. I have been without power since Monday afternoon. I have only lost all of my food. I am considered one of the lucky ones...

I have several friends that have lost everything. Houses, cars, family heirlooms. My favorite bar in Sea Bright, NJ "Donovan's Reef", where I could be found religiousy over the past 20 years is nothing more than timber.

The lines to get gas are HOURS long. I am afraid to go out of the house because I don't want to run out of gas.

Luckily, no one I know has lost their life to this tragedy. But this tragedy will takes years, if ever, to heal.

Their are many people who are devastated by this tragedy.

Please think and pray for everyone in this area.

Thank you.
Asher
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Status

Postby Rastatodd » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm

I will pray for you folks that where in the path of this terrible storm. I have done a contribution to the Red Cross thru my Wells Fargo Bank. It's easy to contribute from any Wells Fargo atm will do.
Be strong my fellow Americans on the East coast, you from hardy stock.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Hopefully, the recovery will not take too long and things will get to "normal" as soon as possible.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Hang in there. Remember that there are many millions of people praying for you (myself and my family included).
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheba » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 pm

So sorry to hear about all the devastation. Definitely praying for all out there and for you that you can get some food!
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 pm

I looked up Freehold, New Jersey, on Google Maps. Your town must really be hurting. We'll be praying that you and yours pull through OK.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Beau » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:52 pm

you will be ok and the electricity will be back on soon we have trucks up there for here working on your electric lines.
I live in Louisiana on the gulf coast so we know how bad it can be.
we will be praying for you and everyone in the area.
Katrina wiped out part of our state and two weeks later Rita came through and wiped out the part that Katrina did not wipe out.

Everyone here has recovered except the people who have ALLSTATE insurance and they did not pay.
ALLSTATE has thousands of law suits against them.
they payed by a group of documents called the Mckinzy Documents which is what they use to beat everyone out of their money.
I was one of ALLSTATE INSURANCE customers who did not get payed, after paying them for 28 years without a claim.
my estimate to fix my roof was $36,000 and they payed me 4K.
I fixed my own home that has now been 5 years.

I pity the people who have ALLSTATE homeowner insurance in your area,

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rob72830 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:30 am

Asher, Godspeed to everyone affected by Sandy. Hope and pray recovery doesn't take too long.

Beau, what you are saying about Allstate is completely true. I can remember the exact same thing happening to the people of south Florida when Andrew went through there in 1992. Far as I am concerned, Allstate is crap no matter what some TV actor says.
Rob72830
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Numis Pam » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:47 am

Bless your heart, sweet dear one! I am so glad your ok physically... I was afraid that there were probably going to be some RC forum family that would be in the storm path.
My family will be praying for you and yours. :angel:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby marine70 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:49 am

I pray for you and your family it seems that mother nature has not got a real sense of humor for our coastal states. Here in Southern Illinois we have been ravaged by tornadoes in the past couple of years. Unfortunately it can not be avoided just try to have the certain things on hand. With the help of the lord I know that you and your family will be ok. Good luck and best wishes.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:40 pm

"Donovan's Reef" was a great John Wayne movie! Sorry to hear there is so much devastation. :shock: :(

Hopefully, your insurance will pay for the food you lost.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Beau wrote:.
you will be ok and the electricity will be back on soon we have trucks up there for here working on your electric lines.
Katrina wiped out part of our state and two weeks later Rita came through and wiped out the part that Katrina did not wipe out.

Everyone here has recovered except the people who have ALLSTATE insurance and they did not pay.
they payed by a group of documents called the Mckinzy Documents which is what they use to beat everyone out of their money.
I was one of ALLSTATE INSURANCE customers who did not get payed, after paying them for 28 years without a claim.

What are Mckinzy Documents?

What kind of roof did you have? $36,000? Tile? Copper?
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slvrbck » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:50 am

Hate to turn this into an insurance bashing thread but I had horrendous experiences with Allstate as well. Terrible company!!
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 am

slvrbck wrote:Hate to turn this into an insurance bashing thread but I had horrendous experiences with Allstate as well. Terrible company!!

I had Allstate for a couple decades, and after a huge rate hike I told my agent (over the phone) to cancel my policy at the end of the term. The crazy wench tried to keep billing me because I hadn't canceled in writing (after she'd failed to mention that I'd need to cancel in writing). Horrible agent...

Regarding their claims service, their adjuster gave me a pretty tough time and a low payout on the only auto claim I filed in 20 years after I got rear-ended. The only way I got him to pay the actual repair bill was to demand that he find and ship me an identical car (a hard to find year 2D low mileage Chevelle in original condition) at the price he wanted to total it out for. He finally caved when he figured out that he couldn't find a comparable car for less than twice my repair bill.

Insurance adjusters suck...and I hope Otus and the others affected don't get taken advantage of too badly.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:21 am

Allstate did pay out pretty good in Okla. back about 10-12 yrs ago. There was this one adjuster I always wanted to see on property claims. He was great. Then, things suddenly changed. He moved on. They don't even handle property claims anymore, autos only, here.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Beau wrote:.

Hmm...makes me glad I don't have Allstate. They sound pretty lousy to me. I would be pissed if I paid my premiums for many years, and when the time comes to actually use it....only to be denied??

What kind of crap is that?? "I'm in good hands, because I'm NOT with Allstate!"
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 pm

After 8 days of no power, I finally got it back today!

Many of my friends who live closer to the shore have lost their houses and cars. (Saltwater and cars don't mix) Everyone you meet knows someone that has lost! It is almost like 9-11 all over again here.

I know most people will get thru it, but it might take years to get OVER it!

I have been collecting the essentials that are needed, and bringing them down to the local drop off points.. trying to help out anyway I can.

To make matters worse, we are expecting a Nor'easter Wednesday, and localized flooding is expected in the same areas that just got decimated.

(a Nor'easter is a storm that travels up the coast from the south and typically brings SNOW instead of rain. This type of storm has characteristics similar to a hurricane)

What is really strange is that in North Jersey, there are gas lines miles long, and people are camped out waiting at stations that have NO gas! However, in this area, most gas stations have short lines (10-30 minutes). Gasoline prices have jumped 30-40 cents since the storm, and we can only get get gas every other day!

BTW.. please vote tomorrow! Sometimes we forget how important this privilege is!

Thank you all for your kind words. It is much appreciated!

Asher
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals