Back from the cyber land of hate.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Back from the cyber land of hate.

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

Brothers,
what a relief it is to glimpse thru the posts, there IS true cyber fellowship here.

i been "away" for a spell, another bro here, a while back told me of a prepper forum, that i might like. i went there, was a bit intrigued, signed on and started to post.

oh boy, what a ride. i TRY and treat everyone, especially on cyber platforms, as a child of God. i dont ALWAYS succeed, but i TRY. Participation on that forum was a TRUE test, as it seems to me people are just GRIPPED with fear and anger, rumors a-flying, just an ugly scene. i realize its coz people are scared, unsure of the future, because after a while, it seemed to me, that 97% of the folks, maybe 99, i dont know, were not REAL preppers, but folk that WANT to bug out, but cant....its rather sad.

plus, i'm a patriotic American, and while i dont like a lot of stuff i see going on, some these folks are writting stuff that borders on vociferous rebellion and sedition, and i like life on the down low. i'm not in the 'rebellion/sedition' crowd, i'm in the "hobbit" crowd, kinda like old "Bilbo".

the reason i wrote all this was to share with other stackers, what i found about the mindset of the "prepper", whether they be for real, or wannabe's, there is an actve pushback against including PM's, especially Ag (edit) in their prep's

yeh sure, they're all for the "3 B's" , beans bullets bandaids, but when i started writing as a "PM evangelist"...particularily Ag....holy cow! you would have thought i was some catholic priest suggesting you chain altar boys to the bunker wall....they just DONT BELIEVE stacking is wisdom, they dont believe in the concept of hard currency...MOST dont, to be fair. Even suggesting stacking "bricks of nicks"?....non starter.

and recently i was getting warnings that the 'man' has that site in their gaze, so i just demanded my profile be deleted, i cited concerns about my prior involvements, and that was that. PLEASE, for your sake, dont ask me the forum. One, i dont like to slander, gossip, and two, trust me, this is a nice cyber den of like minded individuals, who are sane (heee) and sober....you DONT need the aggravation, just coz i'm a friggin masochist.

i been nicely stacking thruout 12, got in on the Walking Liberty Roll craze (1940's BU's) at sane prices, more ASES', some 90% Kennedys, a sweet roll of my favorite Silver Ikes....no big deal, but the sweet thing is ....look how silver is just COILING in this band....i know it must drive you guys half crazy, but i'm telling ya, in the LONG RUN?....this horizontal banding action is the best possible thing to happen. The more suppression of the futures by God knows who, the bigger the bang, i still say, $70 first stop, then $130, then $250.

and one last thing.... i've noticed in the last month and a half, via Ebay, (yeh i know, but i like Ebay) is that i'm seeing sellers offer quality rolls, who i've NEVER seen before....this tells me something....what does it tell me?.....that people are sick of waiting for the "pop", and they either NEED or WANT FRN's badly...so they're throwing in the towel to an extent.

Happy pre-Thanksgiving to you all from the Great White North, neil
Last edited by neilgin1 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Back from the cyber land of hate.

Postby Treetop » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am

long time no see.

Glad all is well!
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

Welcome back, you are entertaining and I welcome that ;)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 am

Neil, it's been a coon' age since you been here, and that's too long. Welcome back.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Interesting story there Neil. I tend not to think that is the typical prepper mentality, but who knows. Doesn't sound like a group I'm interested in, regardless. :)

Welcome back!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby barrytrot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Neil: do you think it might have just been a plot started by your arch Nemesis here? :)
barrytrot

Postby Treetop » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:23 pm

http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/

This is a good forum to check out if your looking for something new neilgin1.

there is a large prepping section, and once youve been there awhile a politics section as well. The forum leans strongly right on most things. Good people for the most part. Its a large forum as well, so if your looking for info chances are someone there knows the topic well...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm

barrytrot wrote:Neil: do you think it might have just been a plot started by your arch Nemesis here? :)

no more nemesis's....i wanted to PM him and say, "c'mon, lets just clean slate it, be about love and respect...serious", the welcome i just got?....sweet, 68, yourself, Tree, Shinn-san, all ya'll......very heartening indeed.

Tree, no more prepper forums for me....they're getting VERY spooky........i'm not "right", nor "left"...i'm American...know what i mean?
(and if Sandy's wrath hasnt opened some eyes, vis-a-vis even the most basic preps...what can?....that was sure a tragic thing, broke my heart, see Americans in such dire straits.)

i thought Thogey would be around, i just got a book, read thru half, that he would love, its called "15 Minutes", about the early days of our strategic forces.....about darn near the scariest thing i've ever read!!! lol...he'd might like it.

http://www.amazon.com/15-Minutes-General-Countdown-Annihilation/dp/1250002087/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352140434&sr=8-2&keywords=15+minutes

in my post above?...i meant Ag...not Au!!

God bless you all and keep you, n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 pm

:D

Always a good read. Welcome back, brother.

Sandy is opening eyes.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 pm

I am glad you are back, Neil!

I hear ya about spoutin' off too much stuff against the powers that be. You don't want to get put on a list! :shock:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:I am glad you are back, Neil!

I hear ya about spoutin' off too much stuff against the powers that be. You don't want to get put on a list! :shock:

yeh no lists......i'm a good boy, a vet, loves the smell of Thanksgiving turkey, apple pie, and likes Ike....no joke! thats where i'm at, i'm not occupying nothing, aint brewing no tea....just wanna get outside and finish splitting my hickory.

glad to be back Bite and esteemed Sheikh, thanks for the welcome.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby twentybux » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Welcome back bro!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 pm

neilgin1 wrote:...in my post above?...i meant Ag...not Au!!

Ah, that makes more sense for you, but I thought it quite possible that you had a secret PM that you hadn't shared here before! I was about to ask you about it. :lol:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby deacon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
plus, i'm a patriotic American, and while i dont like a lot of stuff i see going on, some these folks are writting stuff that borders on vociferous rebellion and sedition, and i like life on the down low. i'm not in the 'rebellion/sedition' crowd, i'm in the "hobbit" crowd, kinda like old "Bilbo".

the reason i wrote all this was to share with other stackers, what i found about the mindset of the "prepper", whether they be for real, or wannabe's, there is an actve pushback against including PM's, especially Ag (edit) in their prep's

Ah, preppers. I'm all about being prudent and being able to bug out, or hunker down in an emergency, but I agree, some forums take that way too far. Life is meant to be lived. Living in fear is no life at all.

Why do they hate metal so much?
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby Chief » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:39 pm

:wave: Welcome back!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

Tree, no more prepper forums for me....they're getting VERY spooky........i'm not "right", nor "left"...i'm American...know what i mean?
(and if Sandy's wrath hasnt opened some eyes, vis-a-vis even the most basic preps...what can?....that was sure a tragic thing, broke my heart, see Americans in such dire straits.)

sounds like you made up your mind, so its moot now anyway... but just for clarification...

Its not spooky on the linked forum. all homesteading types. So its a way of life for many of us there. Community is good, and it can be good for the soul to be able to talk to like minded folks. the prepping section is only one section of a much large forum based around homesteading, for those of us that go past just homesteading and prep as well. You can easily learn about a full range of topics from people living the lifestyle. Not just some blog as you might deal with otherwise.

The fact it leans a bit right is only even noticeable if you venture into the politics section which is cordoned off so to speak so its easy to ignore.

Anyway. take care.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

deacon wrote:Why do they hate metal so much?

It's an acquired taste, for sure. I remember once saying to my grandpa, "I will NEVER own gold. EVER." That was a LOOONG time ago.
uthminsta

Postby Engineer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:33 pm

An investing forum I used to belong to had a paid troll who was a reporter for the site. She constantly stirred the pot with calls for $456 gold, and rational discussions on metals quickly degraded into fights as soon as she showed up.

I'd be surprised if the PTB didn't have a secret office of people assigned to monitor forums and disrupt PM or other hard currency discussions.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

Lemme guess......that forum was headed by "Mr. Wayne?"
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm

The Cyber land of hate? Yikes. Doesn't sound like a place that I would like to frequent. It is true we have a variety of opinions on different topics, but I believe that everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and not be chastised for doing so. I don't find that kind of thing here, fortunately. :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cesariojpn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:05 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:The Cyber land of hate?

Internet Hate Machine.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Welcome back to the land of the sane!

Hate only breeds angry people!

I think everyone needs to stack food, water, gas, PMs, FRNs... EVERYTHING (just don't become a Hoarder.. lol)

Good luck in your prepping, and may you never need it!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Welcome back
Its always good to read your posts
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Here is one I like. http://www.backwoodshome.com/

I avoid any website forum that might seem extremist, right/left to far in any one direction I avoid. I don't even bother mentioning PM's unless I'm on PM website. Whatever the site speciality is, that's what it's usually all about.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Saabman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 am

Glad your back!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals