PM Rally

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: PM Rally

Postby fb101 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I think the markets pronounced their opinion of another four years of the same.
I was all clear since I couldn't call it.
Gap open down on the S&P tomorrow hits the 200 and then who knows? (my best guess)
However, If we do get a gap open up, I may just jump in short on it.
Today's late weakness is not a good sign.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fb101 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 am

Wrong again. glad I stayed clear;
fb101

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Something tells me that perhaps PMs are about to get moving again. It very well could make many here very pleased.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:39 pm

does that mean up?
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks again. Looking for an entry point.
fb101

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Something tells me that perhaps PMs are about to get moving again. It very well could make many here very pleased.

Cheers!

Heya Jon....it sure is banding up real sweet isnt it...coiled.

on a fundamental side issue...this fiscal cliff?....they wont go over it, neither side. They'll use bailing wire and duct tape if they have to. If the Republicans play the obstructionist offense, then public opinion will go against them, if the President gets too ardent on "taxing the rich", that wont go well, as "rich" will mean 250k plus, which isnt rich....so, they'll meet somewhere in the middle.

i could find them 3.5 trln in cuts over 10 years, but i'd wind up in a car crash or a hot tub heart attack....lol.

make you two predictions, by 2016, silver will trade $130 PLUS and Chris Christie will be elected President.....hold me to it.

hope you are well. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:46 am

neilgin1 wrote:Heya Jon....it sure is banding up real sweet isnt it...coiled.

Looking over the last few days the strength seems to be in the London market. It'll be interesting to see what happens when it closes today.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 am

Any more insight here now that we had a drop off before the open? I was thinking about going long again but got a little skeered now.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Up or down, what's it matter anymore? The world economy is held together by duct tape and baling wire.

Just buy silver. Get smart. Get real. Get physical.
http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/sites/default/files/Total%20Returns.jpg

For those like JFF that can see the short-term trends, there's a gob of money to be made. For everyone else, just keep building a core holding of the stuff and never let go. Either your kids get it or you will use it (perhaps in the not-too-distant future) at many multiples of its current value.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Up or down, what's it matter anymore? The world economy is held together by duct tape and baling wire.

For those like JFF that can see the short-term trends, there's a gob of money to be made. For everyone else, just keep building a core holding of the stuff and never let go. Either your kids get it or you will use it (perhaps in the not-too-distant future) at many multiples of its current value.

All of the above.
fb101

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Up or down, what's it matter anymore? The world economy is held together by duct tape and baling wire.

+2 for this!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Something tells me that perhaps PMs are about to get moving again. It very well could make many here very pleased.

Cheers!

Does this have anything to do with the Royal Canadian Mint starting its own silver ETF product via a purchase of 3 million ounces? Sprott also bought 7.5 million ounces recently.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:23 am

Always smart to buy physical. If folks didn't believe that, I don't know how they would have ever become a part of this community. Having that as the perpetual theme of the site, anything else in efforts here is to manage risk and enhance alpha in the financial market.

Perhaps the pending PM price surge will relieve many from the doldrums of not seeing much of what they have been hoping for over the last couple of years. Price and price alone is all I use for this basis. Perhaps I'll be 100% wrong but I'm risk on, long and strong.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slvrbck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am

Jonflyfish wrote: Perhaps the pending PM price surge will relieve many from the doldrums of not seeing much of what they have been hoping for over the last couple of years.

I dont mean this negatively, but over the past 6 yrs we have gone from roughly $7 to just shy of $50 and have bounced all around in between. Many consider a move such as this to be very unhealthy for any market. I got in relatively early, but the only thing I am hoping for is peace and prosperity.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby fb101 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:13 pm

slvrbck wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote: Perhaps the pending PM price surge will relieve many from the doldrums of not seeing much of what they have been hoping for over the last couple of years.

I dont mean this negatively, but over the past 6 yrs we have gone from roughly $7 to just shy of $50 and have bounced all around in between. Many consider a move such as this to be very unhealthy for any market. I got in relatively early, but the only thing I am hoping for is peace and prosperity.

What you say is true, but you're focusing on short term ups and downs.
there's a long term uptrend we're in the middle of that we vary from, but so far we come back to it.
You can see what happened here;
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advcha ... e&state=11

Note that after the spike, we came back, bounced around a bit, but are generally in line with the long term uptrend.

The things that JFF is heads upping us about are the spikes.
Make a buck while you can, you can;t count on opportunity knocking forever.

About that peace and prosperity, I believe everyone here is on board with that, but these things aren't mutually exclusive.
fb101

Postby Engineer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 am

Smackdown into the London open today.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 am

They're like a dog worrying on a bone. Gnaw, gnaw, gnaw, gnaw.

:lol: What was I thinking...? "knaw". Knew it didn't look right but was in a hurry. Shin corrected me, fixed above.
Last edited by 68Camaro on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby NHsorter » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:44 am

My NUGT has been getting destroyed this week. Plan for now is to just stick to my guns and hope for a good bounce. Not too far from forfeiting all of my YTD paper gains in the course of a week. :oops: Could be the case by the end of the day today. Well... at least I only have a small chunk in paper. It could all go away and I might cry and dream of the coins or guns that I could have purchased, but everyone is still gonna eat and the tax man will still get paid. Heck, I should just put everything up on this. I have a certain "safety net" of Obamacare, EBTs, obamaphones, disability, and foodstamps just waiting for me if the gamble does not work out :lol:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 am

Very odd pattern I'm seeing this week. Sharp down in the morning, with good pop up in the afternoon. I'd make a guess that this is a probe to seek out and buy the lower level stops on large futures contracts. Sort of like scooping them up before resuming the consolidation. In my mind, this is nothing more than some large entities wanting to get SILVER on the cheap whenever possible. It sort of plays into JonFly's thesis of a mind warping surprise to the upside at some time soon.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:45 am

NHsorter wrote:My NUGT has been getting destroyed this week. Plan for now is to just stick to my guns and hope for a good bounce. Not too far from forfeiting all of my YTD paper gains in the course of a week. :oops: Could be the case by the end of the day today. Well... at least I only have a small chunk in paper. It could all go away and I might cry and dream of the coins or guns that I could have purchased, but everyone is still gonna eat and the tax man will still get paid. Heck, I should just put everything up on this. I have a certain "safety net" of Obamacare, EBTs, obamaphones, disability, and foodstamps just waiting for me if the gamble does not work out :lol:

Don't forget Section 8 housing. You'll be fine.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 am

shinnosuke wrote:
NHsorter wrote:My NUGT has been getting destroyed this week. Plan for now is to just stick to my guns and hope for a good bounce. Not too far from forfeiting all of my YTD paper gains in the course of a week. :oops: Could be the case by the end of the day today. Well... at least I only have a small chunk in paper. It could all go away and I might cry and dream of the coins or guns that I could have purchased, but everyone is still gonna eat and the tax man will still get paid. Heck, I should just put everything up on this. I have a certain "safety net" of Obamacare, EBTs, obamaphones, disability, and foodstamps just waiting for me if the gamble does not work out :lol:

Don't forget Section 8 housing. You'll be fine.

Oh yes! Well that does it. I am cashing everything out, quitting my job and heading down to the dog track right now. I figure that by noon I'll be a firmly established 47%er. Sorry guys, now ya'll gotta pull my weight too.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 am

68Camaro wrote:They're like a dog worrying on a bone. Gnaw, gnaw, gnaw, gnaw.

:lol: What was I thinking...? "knaw". Knew it didn't look right but was in a hurry. Shin corrected me, fixed above.

Aw, you could have said that a gnome fixed it for you! Gnow what I mean? Good gnight, everyone.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Nice nascent phase of a cyclical rally in PM's. Buying those minor intra day dips offer great execution for what is to come.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Nice pop in silver tonight. :thumbup:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Massive big bold rally confirmed. Risk on long and strong!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals