two different directions!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

two different directions!!

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:31 pm

i'll try and be brief..(lolz)

i was just flipping thru emails, and i had some Ebay auction ending emails. i usually peruse, "US silver coins rolls"...go thru the list, and watch the rolls that interest me......which are BU rolls of 90's, Halves and Quarters, Morgans, ASES....ok?

so i go to Ebay, my watch list, and the first thing i see, is a roll of 1961-D Franklins, BU's..a nice roll, nothing i'd get to be hyperventilating over, but with a half and hour to go, the roll is trading at $404!...another roll is trading a solid $350, i think it was 1960D roll of Frank's.....and i'm thinking, "did silver just trade crazy higher on the day?"

so i go check out the board, and silver at comex must of got clobbered today, (i wasnt watching) coz it shows a 31.50 something print...my first thought was "wtf?!?".......its like the "board" is trading one direction, and real world physical silver, is trading to the other, the trade is ROBUST to the upside...its almost like two different markets.

and you know, we CAN SAY, "oh, i'll just wait for a "set-back".....and buy"....in the physical?.....i REALLY dont think in the physical, we're going to see that much of a set back...the buying is just too intense.

as my brother just said to me, "these are some strange days".....amen.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: two different directions!!

Postby rexmerdinus » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 am

People are digging in looking for that last good deal before the zombie apocalypse...T minus two days...
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rastatodd » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 am

Yeah when it comes to eBay there is some crazy commerce going on their. I used to buy from that auction site till I noticed that pull backs in the metals market didn't make sense with auctions taking place in real time. The best deals I feel are from members of this site and sites like these, where common sense still prevails. Just my 2 cents. :D
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:46 am

Rastatodd wrote:Yeah when it comes to eBay there is some crazy commerce going on their. I used to buy from that auction site till I noticed that pull backs in the metals market didn't make sense with auctions taking place in real time. The best deals I feel are from members of this site and sites like these, where common sense still prevails. Just my 2 cents. :D

I have to agree with Todd on this one... I got burned pretty badly on ebay a couple of years ago... thought I was getting a fairly good deal (after the first severe pullback) on 100 Prospectors at $42.25 (and my bid was locked in)

and, well...

we all know what happened after that one :o :shock: :oops:

what does not kill us makes us stronger... still waiting on that one :? :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals