Has any one used a Twist-n-crimp.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Has any one used a Twist-n-crimp.

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 am

Those Indian cent enders are not a good idea for eBay. One member here that has a rolling machine tried some boxes of wheat cents with some of those showing and got negative feedbacks.

Here is the next step up. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby m83striker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 am

You guys really need to run a bolt through the twist-n-crimp and put it in your cordless drill. You need more speed than your hand and wrist can perform to get a good "machine" crimp. I use this on every roll that leaves my little production line, lol. If I could figure out how to post pictures I will take a few of what it looks like. I'm thinking about putting the bolted twist-n-crimp in a constantly running machine so that pulling the trigger on the cordless drill is even eliminated. This solution is much cheaper than the Klopp crimper with virtually the same look and versatility.
m83striker
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 pm

hook this up and you can power a motor with a foot switch to free up both hands. We have a few of these in our shop and they are the greatest!
http://www.amazon.com/Linemaster-T-91-SC3-Treadlite-Electrical-Momentary/dp/B002P4W5UC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1356637841&sr=8-4&keywords=foot+pedal+switch
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:44 am

Bought it for a dollar on the bay. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:06 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Bought it for a dollar on the bay. :mrgreen:

So what is it.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:43 am

henrysmedford wrote:
HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Bought it for a dollar on the bay. :mrgreen:

So what is it.

That's why I got it for a dollar. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby m83striker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:47 am

It looks like a "slap together" crimper with all the different sized heads. I like the light switch that turns it on, lol. How much do you want for it?
m83striker
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:51 am

Correct. Pretty good motor on it. Not for sale.. I need a backup to the 3 automatic rolling machines. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby m83striker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:57 am

Well, can't say I didn't try, lol. I really need one of those machines that you pour the pennies in and it "chucks" out rolls already crimped. I know you have at least one of those Hoard!!
m83striker
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm

I only have 3.. hardly a hoard. :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Engineer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 am

m83striker wrote:You guys really need to run a bolt through the twist-n-crimp and put it in your cordless drill. You need more speed than your hand and wrist can perform to get a good "machine" crimp. I use this on every roll that leaves my little production line, lol. If I could figure out how to post pictures I will take a few of what it looks like. I'm thinking about putting the bolted twist-n-crimp in a constantly running machine so that pulling the trigger on the cordless drill is even eliminated. This solution is much cheaper than the Klopp crimper with virtually the same look and versatility.

This was an awesome piece of advice. The crimps with a hand drill are even better than the machined end of string shotgun rolls. A panhead bolt fits perfectly...pretty sure it was a 3/16".

I don't see an advantage with a constantly running motor, though...I tried it with the drill press and had to fish around for a bit to get it lined up right. The hand drill was faster, but I can see where having a foot switch and a mounted drill would be nice to let you move coins with both hands.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Bigsarge » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:17 am

m83striker wrote: I'm thinking about putting the bolted twist-n-crimp in a constantly running machine so that pulling the trigger on the cordless drill is even eliminated. This solution is much cheaper than the Klopp crimper with virtually the same look and versatility.

Thinking about giving this a try, now I'm thinking about mounting and old fan to the workbench, take the blades off it, and mount the twist n Crimp?
Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

Oh, it looks good on you though.
Bigsarge
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheba » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:17 pm

I use the Twist & Crimp, and have had good luck with it. I find that at the end of the twisting motion, if I twist backwards one time, it seems to even make a smoother crimp. Not sure why? But it is worth it for those who want to get nice looking rolls. As others have said the 'String' rolls are the best, though I haven't had too much problem with the thinner paper (takes a bit longer, but still works OK)
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing