How Far Down Will They Try to Drive it This Time?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: How Far Down Will They Try to Drive it This Time?

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Chief wrote:If Ag hits $26, I'd not only back up one truck but two. MANY ounces will be mine, if anyone is selling... ;)

You guys are in for a major shock... if you think you'll just be able to put the truck in reverse and load up. The days of saving and holding onto your fiat, waiting for a price dip to get back in are very nearly come to an end. Physical silver (in my case) 90% junk... is getting harder and harder to source, and the last thing I want to do is sell out my inventory, have cash in hand, but not be able to replace what I sold at a reasonable price. Supply and demand are the drivers here, not the false COMEX derived price for physical. Physical silver is priced multiples below where it should be, as will become evident for those who pull up this thread two years from now. I will be severely restricting any further sales myself, as I am unable even now to replace it with any reliability. Paradigm shift is fast approaching folks, if you have the opportunity to stack, NOW is the time... unrelated to price... very much related to true scarcity amidst perceived availability. :?

I always enjoy hearing your nuggets of info and wisdom. I know there have been some info recently posted on the internets saying that there is no longer a shortage of silver. I'm not going to get into that argument here and now but lets say for argument sake there is no shortage. That doesn't change the fact that there is a shortage on junk silver and they recently halted production of 2012 ASE's. You got to think if APMEX sent out a press release saying they they are halting their generic rounds production due to a lack of supply and some other domino fell, we would either see the price spike or prices stay the same but nothing is available.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:37 pm

DID they send out such a notice? Because... you'll discover, they're out of stock on their APMEX rounds (back-ordered). :o I should know, they owe me 2000 1/4 and 2500 1/10's. :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:44 pm

My local weekend flea market guy is officially out of 90% as of today. He's been selling at 20x face for as long as I can remember. Bought the last scraps this afternoon.

On the other hand, the two LCS have all the coin you could want, at a higher multiple. The larger store told me they bought more coin in the last couple months than in any recent period. Bad times, people emptying the sock drawers, etc.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 pm

beauanderos wrote:DID they send out such a notice? Because... you'll discover, they're out of stock on their APMEX rounds (back-ordered). :o I should know, they owe me 2000 1/4 and 2500 1/10's. :roll:

Dang! Yeah see something is going on. I'm not all, the supply is running out so tomorrow it will be $100, but you can clearly see the writing on the wall. I actually wouldn't be surprised if sometime this summer they halted ASE production again for many reasons. They changed the law last year (2011) for a reason. Something will happen and then you hear them say that production is halted until further notice. Maybe the Britannia's will really take off then and the Maples would see a huge spike.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 pm

I love lower prices. I never sell as I'm in my mid thirties and foresee hyperinflation and capital controls. So I'm just stacking. I used to get upset by low prices....but then something changed and I started wishing for them. That's when I knew I was a true silver bug :)
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Even if you don't intend to sell there are factors beyond one's control that may force a sale at some point.

Additionally when hyper inflation does hit it is going to be a multiplier not an addition.

So if the current spot is $10 it will go to $100. But if the current spot if $30 it will go to $300.

Now which would you prefer to have all your $28 silver go to $280 or your $50 silver go to $500?

Remember to use the correct "sign" when doing your math stackers :) "+" is not equal to "X" :) "X" is going to make paying $35 per ounce seem joyous :)
barrytrot

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 pm

There are three key aspects to future price:

a) relief of current value supression - for those of us that believe that current values are actively supressed, when the supression ceases, price will go up. This will result in a real increase in value.
b) real increase in demand - for those of us that believe that a physical shortage of silver will be encountered - demand will eventually outstrip supply and become object of market concern, regardless of what happens with fiat currencies or price suppression
c) inflation (whether hyper or not) - this is where silver would behave as a PM in the sense that this portion of any price increase would not be a net value increase, but would track with inflation and would MAINTAIN value. Gold is less volatile at this than silver, but silver would be an inflation buster as well.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 am

beauanderos wrote:
Chief wrote:If Ag hits $26, I'd not only back up one truck but two. MANY ounces will be mine, if anyone is selling... ;)

You guys are in for a major shock... if you think you'll just be able to put the truck in reverse and load up. The days of saving and holding onto your fiat, waiting for a price dip to get back in are very nearly come to an end. Physical silver (in my case) 90% junk... is getting harder and harder to source, and the last thing I want to do is sell out my inventory, have cash in hand, but not be able to replace what I sold at a reasonable price. Supply and demand are the drivers here, not the false COMEX derived price for physical. Physical silver is priced multiples below where it should be, as will become evident for those who pull up this thread two years from now. I will be severely restricting any further sales myself, as I am unable even now to replace it with any reliability. Paradigm shift is fast approaching folks, if you have the opportunity to stack, NOW is the time... unrelated to price... very much related to true scarcity amidst perceived availability. :?

AMEN!!!! Raymundo....but before i get into it, lemme just say "Cheers"!

how about another one ....CHEERS!!!

i have not sold a single toz yet,,,,,,,,,and to sell a toz for what?!?

paper?....btw, i never refer to 90's as "junk silver"....you know what junk is ? reading posts of fellers who are all over this forum, when their short term "timing" calls get lucky, and everybody is thanking them for being such an ASSet to their forum, but when the comex market lingers or goes south after they "called" for higher prices....they're as scarce as a clean sheet in a crowded cat house...CHEERS!!!

no,i love 90%'er's and 40's...coz it has that "United States of America" on EVERY SINGLE COIN, and two weekends ago, i got in the mood.

(i spent the last week in the hospital, eating pain killers, and meat loaf with mashed potatoes/gravy, made a real nice friend of nurse Erika...no [shucks]....beautiful brunette, i was sick as a dog, but i was making her laugh, regaling her with tales of my past life on the west coast,,,i thought she was 33, coz she was shift nurse, but guess what, she was 23, and OH, did she like me, her mentor told me,my idea of leaving her a thank you card with my home phone was a great idea...i think her mentor has some inside info.....it wasnt her beauty that got to me, it was that we would sit there talking like two old friends, and when she was going off shift, she sat on my bed, and i remember reaching my hand out and we clutched each other hands, first two, then all four, so tight, i thought we were going to break them...its just happened...maybe coz we didnt know if we'd see each other again, which is why my "thank you" card might blow here mind...we shall see)

anyway, i had a feeling the weekend before christmas andinto Christmass, everybody was into drinking egg nog, so i went to work. just one example...i saw $20 Fv of 64 Kennedy Proofs, i had to havethem , fromthe pics they looked flawless, so i bid...not a crazy bid either, and i got 'em.....and raymundo,i', looking at them now and wow......efffing FLAWLESS and i mean flawless, MIRROR flawless. i dont have stuff graded, coz i dont slab, but i;m telling ya, this got to be MS67's , at the least....37 of the 40 of them..some COULD BE MS69's, i kid you not...and i got them for 32 times,,,that the beauty part,,,,,got a mess of 40 Kenn proofs with DCAMS, ar 12 times!!!...AND, i got my last long rifle, more like a varmint rifle....a ruger 10.22 stainless,(also got one in walnut and blued) and a 4 k of CCI minimags, if you know 22's , a mini mag is darn near an anti personnel round...after that rotten demonshot those dear babies, within 2 days TOPS, there was not one AR to be had withing a 150 mile radius.....its like a whole different world.....mind you Ray, pre the school shooting i had my stuff wired down big time, so i wasnt worried...i could still get a 30-30 lever, or a 44 lever, or a 300 Ultra mag, etc....but when i buy a new rifle or sidearm, you SHOULD get at the very least 1k rounds of the ammo of that wep, and the rounds are in the $1 per round plus range.....a 300 ultraMag round is $3 per.

well old pal,Happy happy and one more thing...CHEERS!!!!

oh wait, thinking of silver, weps and beautiful brunnettes,made me forget your query.....we could go down and test the weekly chart support at 26....but if anybdy thinks they're getting physical down there...they are dreaming.

i'll say this again, we cut thru 50 up to 70....then $130....then $250-500

CHEERS!!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:37 am

Oh, Neil, Neil...

It was worth logging in this morning just to read that :thumbup: 8-)

Hey, and next time you check into a hospital you could let us know. I assume your fingers were still working.

Get better.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Morsecode wrote:Oh, Neil, Neil...

It was worth logging in this morning just to read that :thumbup: 8-)

Hey, and next time you check into a hospital you could let us know. I assume your fingers were still working.

Get better.

Thank You Morse, for those kind words....i read back my post to Ray...the prior one?....man o man! was i TANKED on pain killers or what?

i got high just reading that post.....but i was in some bad pain. i might be better now, but then i might not be.

Happy New Year guys....we still got another year to stack, imho.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sterling Silver » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm

slickeast wrote:I would like to see $25.

I could live with that, as long as the supply was there for me to actually get physical delivery.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals