What's up with Aluminum???

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What's up with Aluminum???

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Alright, I know Aluminum is not a PM, but my question is concerning it and PM's. Every morning I pull out my iPad and launch the Kitco app, and look at the Metals. The metals I have saved is Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, Rhodium, Copper, Nickel, Aluminum, and Zinc. Most days last year I would launch it and all metals would have an increase and be in GREEN but only 1 metal would show a loss in RED and that would be Aluminum!!

Well the past 2-3 weeks when almost all metals have been showing a loss, Aluminum is showing a gain!! So my question is, WHAT'S UP WITH ALUMINUM???? I could understand if all the PM's went up and the Base Metals went down and vice versa, but thats not the case. Everything goes up, and Aluminum goes down. Or Aluminum goes up and everything else goes down! Can someone explain?

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: What's up with Aluminum???

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Alcoa came out yesterday with great q4 results, which is now pushing the price up. I don't think there is much if a relationship to aluminum and precious metals.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Does Kitco have a spot price for iron? I can't find one...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm

scyther wrote:Does Kitco have a spot price for iron? I can't find one...

Perhaps on the actual website (computer) but not that I have seen on the App

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals