How much do you pay for junk 925 silver per oz?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

How much do you pay for junk 925 silver per oz?

Postby GA-Silver » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Do you guys buy this type of 925 silver jewelry? If so, what is your price range?
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Re: How much do you pay for junk 925 silver per oz?

Postby PennyPauper » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Recently I bought 3oz for $73. I figured It was worth $83 at spot prices.I got 3 nice necklaces and 2 braclets,Nice earrings and a 5gram pendant.He could have been doing me a solid since I do shop there alot.But was told by dealer that it costs alot to send to the refiners so he cut me a break. Maybe someone can chime in with info about refining costs.
I figure 80% of spot your doing good.But need to hear more about refining costs.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:29 pm

uh....

http://marketharmony.net/services.html

pretty simple, just read
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Investin Cents » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Just for fun (and for the wife for Christmas!) I bought some second-hand sterling necklaces and pendants for the wife the other day from a local dealer. It was in the "scrap" pile but I dug thru and found some nice items. Never hurts to look at (and maybe buy) Sterling every once in a while! She gave me very fair prices on it and also some 90% dimes and quarters.

Merry Christmas everyone! :D
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK - 1962

Current book: American Values - RFK Jr.; Favorite website (other than Realcent): Zerohedge.com; Favorite metals in order: Ag, Au, Pt, CuZn, CuZnSn, Cu, Ni, Al, CuNi and of course Pb encased in Cu [in various forms and sizes :)]
Investin Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hobo finds » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:22 pm

a silver caculator from the old site.... http://www.silverrecyclers.com/Calculat ... lator.aspx
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby GA-Silver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks Hobo.....great tool there!
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals