You Can't Download Your Boxes or "Tweet" Your Dumps

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

You Can't Download Your Boxes or "Tweet" Your Dumps

Postby Madwest » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 am

Apparently bank branches are dropping like flies and the industry is trying to push consumers to online/mobile banking.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/25/pf/bank ... e-banking/
Looking to cut costs, many banks are aggressively shuttering branches they deem unnecessary and encouraging customers to shift to online and mobile banking instead, said Nancy Bush, a bank analyst and contributing editor at SNL.

Mobile banking is fine for transfers (and even for deposits), but I can't download cents to sort. Nor can I upload the zinc dump.
Madwest
Penny Pincher Member

Re: You Can't Download Your Boxes or "Tweet" Your Dumps

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 am

They could save a lot of money that way. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby cupronickel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Before FDIC insurance, the bank lobby used to be a giant room with pillars and marble floors. This display of wealth was to meant to reassure you that your money was safe, and that the bank was not going to go out of business. After the feds stepped in, this reassurance was no longer needed and branches popped up in every store front.
cupronickel
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Zincanator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:11 am

I've noticed in my area that the branches inside grocery stores are going away. But there are still several big nat'l bank branches placed less than a mile from each other, usually a result of mergers and acquisitions. As for my bank, I pass four full-service branches on my 8-mile drive home from work.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby robroy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Businesses will always need a place to get their coin and currency orders from. Plus they will always need a place to deposit their coin and currency into their accounts. The banks will never be able to get away from this aspect of the basic business. Not everyone has the ability to deposit checks via the internet.

Anyway that you look at it small businesses will always need this banking service.
Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Neither a penny or a nickel is worth face value anymore.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.
robroy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm starting to see more and more of these self-service machines in branches. You can't get a box of pennies from one of these so you just have to wait for the one available teller to help you out.

bveWa.AuSt.79[1].jpeg
bveWa.AuSt.79[1].jpeg (193.74 KiB) Viewed 319 times
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing