New Silver Stealth Clothing Blocks Heat Signatures

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New Silver Stealth Clothing Blocks Heat Signatures

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

http://dollarcollapse.com/silver/the-st ... ke-silver/

More uses for Silver, more reasons it WILL skyrocket!!! This is a pretty cool application of Silver tho

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: New Silver Stealth Clothing Blocks Heat Signatures

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am

Can't you do the same thing with a mylar emergency blanket? Costs a couple of bucks instead of $2600. I think the concept is cool, but wow the price is not so good. I guess the government swat team meat-heads will now begin spending our money to turn their night-invasion gear into heat-proof stuff. That way they can sneak up on us at night to arrest us for doing nothing with much more ease.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby justoneguy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:04 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Can't you do the same thing with a mylar emergency blanket?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.
I have the blankets and sleeping bags ready to go.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ZenOps » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes, emergency blanket will do the same.

I get mine for $1.25 at a local dollar store, but use it as an extra layer for my curtains to block out light completely during the night (blocking streetlights) Its also an extremely useful solar reflector for the summer.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 am

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Can't you do the same thing with a mylar emergency blanket? Costs a couple of bucks instead of $2600. I think the concept is cool, but wow the price is not so good. I guess the government swat team meat-heads will now begin spending our money to turn their night-invasion gear into heat-proof stuff. That way they can sneak up on us at night to arrest us for doing nothing with much more ease.

You never know.... :shh:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby texcollex » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Do you think you could weave mylar into clothing in a way similar to how they weave feed sacks out of plastic materials? It would take some expensive machinery, I'm sure, but maybe there is a market?
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Postby Z00 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:43 pm

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 pm

What're you guys think you're going to use these for. It'll keep someone from being recognized by name, but if you think you're "invisible" because of it - big time wrong. You'll stick out like a sore thumb to any IR sensor, if you're trying not to be tracked.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals