Oh man, I just sold 2,000+ pounds at $3+/lb! How inside.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Oh man, I just sold 2,000+ pounds at $3+/lb! How inside.

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 pm

scyther wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:He sold a pound of copper pennies for $3.00. That is roughly 2x face. That is hardly worth the effort when you consider all the time, gas, wear & tear on your ryedale, etc. That is a slim margin in my book.

There are many who sell for much less. I believe the most common price is about 1.4x face, right? I'm a hand sorter and I would consider selling at 2x face. Then again I don't pay for gas, so...

Maybe you should try the new market Ecotic has discovered (survivalist clubs) and was gracious enough to share with all of us so we could profit too. If it is all Pooky-moo (aka B_ll $hit) then you will know soon enough. Maybe you just might move some product at a higher profit.

My son joined a survivalist club four months ago. I think I will send some copper pennies with him and see what happens.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby camtender » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:09 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:
Ecotic wrote:....... so I go to the meeting with 2,000+ pounds of pennies in my Honda Civic 2007..............

Having a Civic myself...... I have loaded two 5 gallon buckets of copper cents in the back seat/floor board.

Is this person saying they shuttled the equivalent of ten 5 gallon buckets?

Most all preppers are DIY people and would not pay a premium for anything they could do themselfs.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby knibloe » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:56 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:The Dodge Caravan is way underrated... :lol: We have a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country with the stow and go seating. Fold em down and head to Sam's Club to load up... One time I picked up 800# of popcorn, 8 - 36 pack canned pepsi products, 32 gallon containers of dill pickles, 5000 small brown paper to go bags, 10 big rolls of aluminum foil, 4 flats (24 gallon cans) of peaches, 6 - 35# jugs of fryer oil, 3 - 70# cases of ribeye, and 4 - 60# cases of baby back ribs.... :thumbup: Didn't break any speed records coming home but we made it.

Now if we need to get popcorn we DO take a trailer or just take the Excursion... :roll:

I will second the endorsment of the caravan.

1. Two bottom plow.
2. 2-55 gallon drums of product 600# each
3. I hauled a 15 foot canoe inside. Ok. about 9 foot was inside and the other 6 foot was outside. Was a cold ride home as it was only 28 degrees.
4. 10-15 gallon drums of product.
5. 1500 pounds of produce.

No need for a pickup truck at my house.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Childrens tricycle

Carried 2 55 Gallon drums full of copper cents (had to balance the load)
Pulled 3 dump trucks loaded with gravel
Loaded up 12 people on it and drove it down the interstate at 70+ mph ( smoothest riding vehicle I have ever driven)
Took high school sweetheart to the prom on it

Just recently traded it in on a Mattel Motorized Jeep
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Numis Pam » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:26 pm

slickeast wrote:Childrens tricycle

Loaded up 12 people on it and drove it down the interstate at 70+ mph ( smoothest riding vehicle I have ever driven)

;) :lol: :lol:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Madwest » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 pm

slickeast wrote:...Took high school sweetheart to the prom on it ...

This is the one that is most unbelievable - as far as exceed a weight limit.
Madwest
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Maybe you should try the new market Ecotic has discovered (survivalist clubs) and was gracious enough to share with all of us so we could profit too. If it is all Pooky-moo (aka B_ll $hit) then you will know soon enough. Maybe you just might move some product at a higher profit.

My son joined a survivalist club four months ago. I think I will send some copper pennies with him and see what happens.

Remember that most of RC are a buncha old coots. Only instead of a rake, they scream at kids to get off their law with a zinc penny machine gun.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Madwest wrote:
slickeast wrote:...Took high school sweetheart to the prom on it ...

This is the one that is most unbelievable - as far as exceed a weight limit.

:clap: Told.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:15 pm

cesariojpn wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Maybe you should try the new market Ecotic has discovered (survivalist clubs) and was gracious enough to share with all of us so we could profit too. If it is all Pooky-moo (aka B_ll $hit) then you will know soon enough. Maybe you just might move some product at a higher profit.

Remember that most of RC are a buncha old coots. Only instead of a rake, they scream at kids to get off their law with a zinc penny machine gun.

It just blows my mind anyone would sell their coppers for 1.4 x face. Why bother? Hey, it's a free country. :roll:

Yeah, I am getting into the "old coot" age territory myself. Only I quality as an "old fart"! :P :lol:

A zinc penny machine gun!!! Hell yeah!! I WANT ONE!!! :clap: :thumbup:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:17 pm

slickeast wrote:Childrens tricycle

:lol: :P :clap:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rickygee » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm

beauanderos wrote:I once balanced a stack of 29 CTU's on my moped, then drove to a Farmer's Market and traded them for produce. The local survivalist's group was meeting at the booth next door and wanted to offer me lots of gold for my veggies, but I traded them all for a snapping turtle and a little frog.

oh, yeah... and the CTU's were all indian head pennies. :)

Wow! I just traded a survivalist moped, runs on gasoline, kerosene, alcohol, Coleman fuel or corn whiskey, for a bowl of turtle soup and a chef's salad! :clap:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing