Freedom Girl

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Freedom Girl

Postby db23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:00 pm

beauanderos wrote:
db23 wrote:
TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Freedom girl looks great! They take a long time to arrive but so far they haven't been knocked off by the Chinese. Great plus!

If the Chinese are smart about it, when they do start rolling out the knockoffs they'll do it in .999 silver and make them identical to the originals. Could be a long lucrative business for them.

it would still be illegal... not as if they care, but if they're going to counterfeit it makes much more sense for them to use one dollar's worth of components rather than $28 ... besides, would you really buy Fleedom Gills?

My point was that by using $28 worth of materials to make a coin that they can sell for $90 would make sense because they could get away with it for a longer period of time as it would/could be almost impossible to tell apart from the original.

A counterfeit that could pass all the tests. :o
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm

db23 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:
db23 wrote:If the Chinese are smart about it, when they do start rolling out the knockoffs they'll do it in .999 silver and make them identical to the originals. Could be a long lucrative business for them.

it would still be illegal... not as if they care, but if they're going to counterfeit it makes much more sense for them to use one dollar's worth of components rather than $28 ... besides, would you really buy Fleedom Gills?

My point was that by using $28 worth of materials to make a coin that they can sell for $90 would make sense because they could get away with it for a longer period of time as it would/could be almost impossible to tell apart from the original.

A counterfeit that could pass all the tests. :o

True, except for their usually shoddy telltale workmanship. Plus, they can make twenty times the profit the way their doing it now. FG's aftermarket... after the fad wears off, might be lucky to have a $5 premium, but likely less than that. It is a nice looking coin, tho. :clap:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby db23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:33 pm

beauanderos wrote:after the fad wears off, might be lucky to have a $5 premium, but likely less than that. It is a nice looking coin, tho. :clap:

Well we certainly agree on this. :thumbup:
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Well my slave queens arrived today, and they threw in a copper debt and death round too, likely due to the long wait.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sterling Silver » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 pm

agmoose wrote:Well my slave queens arrived today, and they threw in a copper debt and death round too, likely due to the long wait.

You stole my thunder! I got mine today too, and the D&D copper to boot.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:57 am

[/quote]
True, except for their usually shoddy telltale workmanship. Plus, they can make twenty times the profit the way their doing it now. FG's aftermarket... after the fad wears off, might be lucky to have a $5 premium, but likely less than that. It is a nice looking coin, tho. :clap:[/quote]

If they are going to put out a 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz piece this year I think the fad will have a little more traction, at least for another 18 months or so. I'm hoping that the SBSS medallions that I do own will go for a much higher premium around the holidays. The only reason why I hold on to them is so I can flip them so I can double my stack. I am very disappointed that they are still having these delays because after the first medallion they said that they would not sell any more until they were already minted. When I ordered my Freedom Girl I sent in the payment around seven to ten days late. I was very busy that week so if they would have contacted me wanting to know where my payment was I would have been like, well you know, I've been very busy over the last seven days and I couldn't fulfill all of my commitments that I wanted to. I do think I'm going to hold off on buying anymore until the first release of the 1/2 and 1/4 oz comes online.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby amishplumber » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 pm

ordered slave queen on jan 23.......now I am the slave....checking the status of my order................................................................."processing"...I am done with them.. been paying interest on them. they charged my card the same day I ordered!
amishplumber

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:09 pm

I just got my Freedom Girls from Provident today. All told, it took about 3 weeks, but I paid with a check, so that probably added at least a week or two. Not too bad.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 pm

I got my Slave Queens today.
Ordered on Jan. 20, eight weeks ago! :evil:
They sent me a free copper Debt and Death, I'm happy now. :)
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:28 am

day 39 since ordering...... nothing yet .. no answer to email either.......
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:03 pm

For those of you who have the Freedom Girl are they worth ordering? Will the SBSS production suspension potentially increase their value (at least temporarily)?
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby db23 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm

93_Confirmed wrote:For those of you who have the Freedom Girl are they worth ordering? Will the SBSS production suspension potentially increase their value (at least temporarily)?

I got 3 of them from Provident Metals, they seem to have plenty so I wouldn't expect this production stoppage to cause a spike in their value. It is a nice looking generic round, but I wouldn't get carried away paying high premiums for it.
Last edited by db23 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
db23
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Neckro » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Got mine today, order the things 1/19. and got a free copper round. These where the queens
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Well, I broke down and ordered one of the Freedom Girl silver rounds from Provident, along with a silver Ant round too ;)

Just had to, you know..... :lol:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 pm

49 days and still waiting.... was told 2 times last week that my order would ship right away. I was lied to twice... this company bites.. lying to customers is not a good biz plan...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wjruth » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:57 pm

I finally have a tracking number so hopefully in the next day they get in.
wjruth

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:01 am

SilverDragon72 wrote:Well, I broke down and ordered one of the Freedom Girl silver rounds from Provident, along with a silver Ant round too ;)

Just had to, you know..... :lol:

Mine arrived in the mail today. It's a nice looking round and I may order a few more of them! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I got my BU's today but am still waiting on my proofs. Because I don't trust Provident saying that they have over 9,999 BU's and proof available I called them to get hard numbers. They have 758 proof and they said they have over 10,000 BU's in stock. That is surprising to me because that tell me that demand is way down if they have around 25% of the proofs and who knows how many BU's they have. This will probably be the last time I order from them. I'm hoping the popularity is still there during the holidays so I can sell one FG proof with BU for $125.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm

54 days and they just arrived....
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby nabzy28 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:17 pm

My orders for Freedom Girl BUs were placed the last week of Jan. I received them, along with all proofs of Slave Queen and FG about a week ago. Took only about 4 weeks for the proofs but almost two months for just the BU coins... I do like the designs but hopefully this shut down will correct that on future production.
nabzy28

Postby xippi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Reccieved my FG today 3/25. ordered 1/29 late 1st day.(55) Just the BU versions and they remembered my Copper D+D. Still waiting on my Copper D+D that they forgot to include in my ant shield order that i recieved 2 weeks ago. I had a chat, a good chat on the phone with them today so I hope they come through.

All the rounds look good! narrow reading.
I now have no pending orders with them just the missing copper. :clap: better late then never.

Xip
xippi
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sat May 11, 2013 11:01 pm

im sure some of you have been keeping up with this fiasco...

http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=29291

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUB6Ejfp ... e=youtu.be
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:17 am

aloneibreak wrote:im sure some of you have been keeping up with this fiasco...

Sounds like an ugly, long mess that I wouldn't want to be a part of. I'll just stick to ordering from well established mints and LCS's.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun May 12, 2013 8:18 am

What a mess. I apologize to any and all who did business with that company due to this thread that I started. I hope everyone who did is made whole eventually.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby jmaii » Sun May 12, 2013 9:12 am

aloneibreak wrote:im sure some of you have been keeping up with this fiasco...

Hmmm... maybe I'll get the limited edition proof coming out May 15; might be valuable if the place falls apart later. Just a few, and using a good cbargeback-friendly credit card. :shifty:
"Silver and gold, silver and gold / Everyone wishes for silver and gold.
How do you measure it's worth? / Just by the pleasure it gives here on Earth."
-- Sam the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
jmaii
Penny Sorter Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals