So Maybe Manipulation isn't such a bad thing after all

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

So Maybe Manipulation isn't such a bad thing after all

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm reconsidering my position of my opinion of the rat turds that suppress the price of silver and gold. What is the ultimate purpose of obtaining and holding precious metals? I would posit that it is to see an increase in their worth sufficient to weather any storm that might ensue as a result of the hyperinflationary policies of all global central banks. That being the case, then it behooves one to patiently amass as much silver or gold as your budget permits (and I urge you to make it hurt!) while time allows... DURING this phase of suppressed precious metals pricing. It will not surprise me in the least when it eventually becomes evident to, first, many... and then subsequently to the masses, that the increasing scarcity of above ground investment grade silver products thus leads to actual depletion of such items and the inability to source them at ANY price. It is my feeling that the bullion banks are undermining their own strategy by suppressing the price... as such actions and their intended results (and ill-considered unintentional effects) will CAUSE silver to escalate in value much more rapidly due to the constant, continuous, steady buying of the cadre of smart money now, leading to the extinction of supply... than would a "return to un-manipulated price discovery" and letting silver revert to a truer valuation. The LONGER we stay in this controlled channel... the FASTER we will rise out of it due to exhaustion of the ability to source silver. Isn't it better if a million people buy one ounce each, every week... than if a few people buy one million ounces each as they become alerted by a precipitous price rise? Patience is a virtue... the virtuous are patient :mrgreen:

Thank you JPMorgan and fellow banking turds. :clap: :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: So Maybe Manipulation isn't such a bad thing after all

Postby wheeler_dealer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Well said Ray. The government will always print as much money as it needs. Precious metals can't be printed.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Food for thought!

+3 :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 pm

/agree
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:57 pm

I don't like manipulation, but I'm willing to take advantage of it if it's there.

:thumbup: +1
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Engineer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:14 pm

wheeler_dealer wrote:Precious metals can't be printed.

They can be devalued by adding uncertainty "fakes" into the above ground supply, and I believe we'll see a huge number of them hit the markets when the masses begin their panic buying.

Ever wonder why the treasury hasn't cracked down on the fakes, even though they're openly advertised? Why haven't the presidential czars blocked the IP addresses?

IMHO, it's because the manipulators see anything which scares the masses out of PMs as beneficial to fiat.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Engineer wrote:
wheeler_dealer wrote:Precious metals can't be printed.

They can be devalued by adding uncertainty "fakes" into the above ground supply, and I believe we'll see a huge number of them hit the markets when the masses begin their panic buying.

Ever wonder why the treasury hasn't cracked down on the fakes, even though they're openly advertised? Why haven't the presidential czars blocked the IP addresses?

IMHO, it's because the manipulators see anything which scares the masses out of PMs as beneficial to fiat.

yeah... unfortunately, I can see this scenario playing out :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby silverflake » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:52 pm

beauanderos, well said. I will go further and say this: right now, we here all know that the schmucks at the big banks are manipulating the price of silver (and gold but silver is my favorite) and keeping it artificially suppressed. Meanwhile, there are entities 'in-the-know' who are accumulating big amounts. Those are the strong hands - buying at any price while they can. I put all of us here at realcent in the 'strong hands' category, not so much because we have tons of capital to unleash buying up precious metals, but more because the one thing we ALL have in common is we will never sell. Now, at the opposite end of the spectrum is the absolute vast majority of people, both common folk and business folk who turn up their noses at PM's and are making a good go of it with paper profits. Hate to say it, but they are not going to be able to buy it at any price should the playing field start leveling and, to the extreme, if we see a dollar crash, they are toast. Sorry.

The people I feel a bit sorry for are those in the middle. Some of them are people who say "Yes, I know I SHOULD buy some gold and silver but, I don't have the time or the money or the education...." etc. Those people at least realized it but sat on their...hands and did nothing to help themselves. Also included in the middle are the weak hands - those people who bought because they saw an ad or because they are greedy and are viewing PM's as a profit maker. Those are the people who sell on these dips.

When all is said and done, enjoy manipulation while it lasts, because it isn't going to last.

Bottom line -KEEP STACKING!!!!!!!!!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sterling Silver » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 pm

+1
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Postby SilverEye » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Precious metals are a hedge against inflation. I am trying to preserve a portion of my wealth in terms of purchasing power. I don't expect to get rich from my metals. The "week's worth of grocery money" I spent on silver last week should be able to be sold for a week's worth of groceries in 20 years. So yes, by all means, I hope they do keep prices down for as long as possible.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:05 pm

They can keep it low as they want, which is good for us, but I can only afford to buy $20-$30FV each month and it will be a while until I've got 1000's of ounces. What good will say 500 toz. do? It would be gone quickly if silver was the only way to buy things.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Chief, that's $20-30 fv that the sheeple are not buying. You are doing the right thing. Keep it going bud.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:20 pm

silverflake wrote:Chief, that's $20-30 fv that the sheeple are not buying. You are doing the right thing. Keep it going bud.

Thing is I am scared of silver being unavailable at any cost. I am preparing for "normal" QE inflation, but not "hyper-inflation". Small time stackers will be screwed when they have to sell to buy f'n groceries.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Chief wrote:
silverflake wrote:Chief, that's $20-30 fv that the sheeple are not buying. You are doing the right thing. Keep it going bud.

Thing is I am scared of silver being unavailable at any cost. I am preparing for "normal" QE inflation, but not "hyper-inflation". Small time stackers will be screwed when they have to sell to buy f'n groceries.

That's why you need a big pantry...but not just for food. Uncle Sugar will make sure bellies are filled to prevent riots, and you can use that to supplement your existing supply while looking just as poor and hungry as your neighbors.

I've got enough meat and canned goods for 3 months, and probably enough for 6...but I stack multi-year supplies of TP, clothes, shoes, shampoo, and other stuff I use every day. If nothing else it's a good QE inflation hedge, and in the event of hyperinflation it would be supplies which could be as hard to find as ammo is today.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Good point. I had never looked at it like that before. Were it not for JP Morgan, I probably wouldn't be able to afford any silver. This silver stacking opportunity is brought to you by your friends at JP Morgan. Interesting.

Thank you, JP... Thank you, JP Morg... Thank you, JP Mor#%$*.... Sorry, I just can't do it. :)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Engineer wrote:
Chief wrote:

That's why you need a big pantry...but not just for food. Uncle Sugar will make sure bellies are filled to prevent riots, and you can use that to supplement your existing supply while looking just as poor and hungry as your neighbors.

I've got enough meat and canned goods for 3 months, and probably enough for 6...but I stack multi-year supplies of TP, clothes, shoes, shampoo, and other stuff I use every day. If nothing else it's a good QE inflation hedge, and in the event of hyperinflation it would be supplies which could be as hard to find as ammo is today.

Agreed, Costco can be your friend on stuff like this, as well as places like the dollar store too.

Great discussion here, keep stacking at any rate you can and its better than 99% of the sheeple sitting on their duffs watching the Kardashians.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverEye » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Chief wrote:They can keep it low as they want, which is good for us, but I can only afford to buy $20-$30FV each month and it will be a while until I've got 1000's of ounces. What good will say 500 toz. do? It would be gone quickly if silver was the only way to buy things.

Dollars are the only way to buy things now, how long will (500 x 30 = $15,000) last you? Even if SHTF, you will still have to work to feed your family. Unless you can retire now with the savings you already have, you don't get to retire after a collapse either just because you saved a couple thousand ounces.

We silver stackers will be better prepared to ride out a currency collapse than the sheeple who do not. Preppers with a basement piled with dry foods will be better able to ride out a supply chain interruption. And off-the-gridders with fully self-sufficient farms will be able to ride out a societal breakdown.

Sure I will have to spend my silver to buy food, fuel, medicine. But the grocer will buy from the farmer with some of that silver, and pay his cashier with some, and that farmer will have to pay his hired hands, and those workers will have to pay the axeman for wood to heat their homes, and the axeman will have to pay the doctor to get the splinter out of his finger. And the doctor will pay me to mow his lawn or repair his fence or whatever I end up doing to support myself.

It's not magic, it's savings. Just in case.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Good point. I had never looked at it like that before. Were it not for JP Morgan, I probably wouldn't be able to afford any silver. This silver stacking opportunity is brought to you by your friends at JP Morgan. Interesting.

Thank you, JP... Thank you, JP Morg... Thank you, JP Mor#%$*.... Sorry, I just can't do it. :)

:lol: Thanking JP Morgan for this. Keep stacking! Every little bit helps, that's how I do it...slow and deliberate.

Ok. On occasion, I cannot wait anymore and find myself in the LCS again, or online getting something, or....even doing a little business with the Realcenters! :thumbup:

How can I lose?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals