This place is so cool!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

This place is so cool!

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:41 pm

I was just reading some posts below from new sorters who had questions about getting coin. What is cool is all the great answers you guys gave the new guys. Im not sure if I ever asked these questions or who answered them, but thanks to everyone who answers questions and gave me the courage to walk into a bank and ask for that first box of pennies..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: This place is so cool!

Postby cupronickel » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey, do I know you ?
cupronickel
Penny Pincher Member

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Diggin4copper wrote:I was just reading some posts below from new sorters who had questions about getting coin. What is cool is all the great answers you guys gave the new guys. Im not sure if I ever asked these questions or who answered them, but thanks to everyone who answers questions and gave me the courage to walk into a bank and ask for that first box of pennies..

+1
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby wheeler_dealer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 am

I can't speak for others however I find it refreshing to know that there are so many others who care enough to want to protect what they work for and show initiative to act. I remember when I lurked and finally joined. So many VETERANS were willing to share their knowledge and experience which for me has proved invaluable. Best thing about our group is everyone is courteous and helpful and supportive of everyone else. Definitely a FIRST CLASS group of people.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 am

I got brave again today and walked in to a bank and asked for pennies.. and I could hardly carry out the amount of CWR they sold me. This was after stopping at a bank down the street to order 24 boxes for Friday. I got a few rolls a couple of weeks ago of 2013-D cents.. so I think my chances are reasonably good of getting a few boxes of the good zinc.

I agree with what others have said about our community sharing knowledge and experience. This is a great site! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 pm

I haven't tried that yet, asking for pennies that are CWR. I've ordered pennies before ahead of time, but not like this. I should try tomorrow and see what kind of results I get.... :P
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby GGerrands » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:52 pm

In the midst of some odd CWR's right now. One box's full of zincolns...spooky stuff, like maybe another sorter in town. Next box is looking like 25% CU, over my average. It's a mixed lot, with some solid red rolls that are especially heavy I'm saving for last. :D
GGerrands
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing