Help me get this fraud off Ebay

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Help me get this fraud off Ebay

Postby Engineer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 pm

I'd be tempted to win the auction and then demand a refund for "not as described" because of the young queen in the lot. Same thing with his auction for 4 dimes...one of which is a V nic.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Devils advocate.....he may just not know anything about coins. Seems most of his sales are toy train related.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Bucketgirl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 pm

I sent this K-Bear person a question... will see what this person says... this seller has several misleading auctions to bid on :thumbdown: Like I said in a previous thread "I HATE EBAY"
Bucketgirl

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Ok.....who just cost me $2 more on the quarters?
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 am

Yeah, he seems more clueless than anything else.

The Honda Gold Wing carbs are a decent buy 8-)
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:12 am

I vote for ignorance or even laziness over intentional deceit.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Bucketgirl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 pm

So K-Bear responded and claims that "they have no idea about coins, my father gave them to me".... :roll: Geez, really! They have/ had several auctions up and in one they discribe the kennedy's as Kennedy's, then in another they call them LIBERTY'S... I DON'T BUY IT! :evil:
Bucketgirl

Postby agmoose » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Ive won auctions in the past for Liberty quarters and halves where the seller called them that based solely on the word LIBERTY being on the front of the coin. Even won an auction for 20 Jefferson quarters. If you search auctions long enough you will see lots of similar situations.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby algae21 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:28 pm

IMHO it's not fraud at all, it's either ignorance or laziness on his part. I personally love sellers like this as they represent about 20% of my eBay business. I spend about 10 hours a week browsing eBay for situations where the seller isn't accurately describing what they have. He could call them moon rocks, tupperware or whatever he wanted to, as long as I'm getting what's shown in the images. As long as I could snag a good deal on his mistake then I would be more than happy to buy for resale.

Sellers who don't check their spelling are also another good source for potential quick profits. ;) My best deal ever was over $2000 worth of Vaseline Glass which I got for thirty bucks plus shipping. A nice batch of vintage VASALEENE Glass.... the seller spelled it wrong and nobody else found the stuff. :P
algae21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Engineer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:13 pm

algae21 wrote:Sellers who don't check their spelling are also another good source for potential quick profits. ;) My best deal ever was over $2000 worth of Vaseline Glass which I got for thirty bucks plus shipping. A nice batch of vintage VASALEENE Glass.... the seller spelled it wrong and nobody else found the stuff. :P

+1

That's also a good way to look for a "traler" on Craigslist, or even a "deisel" truck. The ones with "cummings" engines tend to go for 5-10% less than a normal Cummins.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Engineer wrote:The ones with "cummings" engines tend to go for 5-10% less than a normal Cummins.

Must......resist........
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby thedrifter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Bucketgirl, that's what I mean. In one auction what is pictured is accurately described but then in another its completely wrong. That's not lazy or ignorant. Its misleading. I don't know just my thoughts.

Bucketgirl wrote:So K-Bear responded and claims that "they have no idea about coins, my father gave them to me".... :roll: Geez, really! They have/ had several auctions up and in one they discribe the kennedy's as Kennedy's, then in another they call them LIBERTY'S... I DON'T BUY IT! :evil:
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby frugi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:37 pm

algae21 wrote:IMHO it's not fraud at all, it's either ignorance or laziness on his part. I personally love sellers like this as they represent about 20% of my eBay business. I spend about 10 hours a week browsing eBay for situations where the seller isn't accurately describing what they have. He could call them moon rocks, tupperware or whatever he wanted to, as long as I'm getting what's shown in the images. As long as I could snag a good deal on his mistake then I would be more than happy to buy for resale.

Sellers who don't check their spelling are also another good source for potential quick profits. ;) My best deal ever was over $2000 worth of Vaseline Glass which I got for thirty bucks plus shipping. A nice batch of vintage VASALEENE Glass.... the seller spelled it wrong and nobody else found the stuff. :P

HAHA! You missed this one though......DO you remember hearing about this one, I remember when it sold on ebay! I was watching the auction from start to finish..

http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/worlds-rarest-bottle-of-beer-sold-on-ebay/

If you dont recall, it sold first on eBay for $300 only a week earlier, because the original seller misspelled the manufacturers name. The buyer quickly relisted it, and spelled the name correctly, and the bottle of beer sold for $500,000.00!!!! no joke.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby algae21 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:35 am

frugi wrote:
HAHA! You missed this one though......DO you remember hearing about this one, I remember when it sold on ebay! I was watching the auction from start to finish..

If you dont recall, it sold first on eBay for $300 only a week earlier, because the original seller misspelled the manufacturers name. The buyer quickly relisted it, and spelled the name correctly, and the bottle of beer sold for $500,000.00!!!! no joke.

LOL, I remember when that hit the discussion boards on eBay :D I've never hit anything quite THAT big, but I stay pretty specific with certain things I'm expert at and I know have a good likelihood of being listed wrong. It used to be a lot easier but eBay keeps playing with its search algorithm and, of course, doesn't attract the same kind of sellers that it used to. I still manage to find about a half dozen steals a week.
algae21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:45 am

algae21 wrote:
frugi wrote:

LOL, I remember when that hit the discussion boards on eBay :D I've never hit anything quite THAT big, but I stay pretty specific with certain things I'm expert at and I know have a good likelihood of being listed wrong. It used to be a lot easier but eBay keeps playing with its search algorithm and, of course, doesn't attract the same kind of sellers that it used to. I still manage to find about a half dozen steals a week.

I used to get some nice-priced below melt sliver there every so often :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby algae21 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:15 am

beauanderos wrote:I used to get some nice-priced below melt sliver there every so often :lol:

That's one of the first ones I checked when I decided to start stacking a few months ago. :lol: It didn't seem like a good candidate... too many buyers. ;)
algae21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:22 am

algae21 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:I used to get some nice-priced below melt sliver there every so often :lol:

That's one of the first ones I checked when I decided to start stacking a few months ago. :lol: It didn't seem like a good candidate... too many buyers. ;)

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/2009/12/bad-spell-for-silver.html
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby algae21 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 am

One of my very first attempts at automating my eBay sales as much as possible, involved using email signatures in outlook express. All I had to do was fill in the buyers name and trivial stuff, and the remaining text was part of the signature.

Anyway, I've always closed letters, emails, etc., with "Kindest regards". I mis-spelled it in the signature and was sending out emails that all closed with "Very Kindest Retards". :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'll bet I sent over a thousand of them before someone gave me a heads up about the error. I felt like such an idiot, I was ready to change my username and everything!
algae21
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals