Sounds to me like war has been declared. new info post #34

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Sounds to me like war has been declared. new info post #34

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:43 pm

State media: North Korea in 'state of war' with South, threatens to 'dissolve' U.S.

(from where i sit, sure sounds like that is a declaration of war to me.

(CNN) -- North Korea has entered a "state of war" with neighboring South Korea, according to a report Saturday from the state-run Korean Central News Agency that included a threat to "dissolve" the U.S. mainland.

"Any issues regarding North and South will be treated in accordance to the state of war," North Korea's government said in a special statement carried by KCNA. "... The condition, which was neither war nor peace, has ended."

North Korea and South Korea technically remain at war since their conflict between 1950 and 1953 ended with an armistice and not a peace treaty. On March 11, the North Korean army declared the armistice agreement invalid.

This report represented Pyongyang's latest salvo aimed at South Korea and its ally the United States. Tensions in the area have been ratcheting up for months, with North Korea remaining defiant and, in some opinions, belligerent in the face of international efforts to halt its nuclear program.

Saturday's report included a direct threat to the United States, while also asserting Pyongyang "will not limit (itself) to limited warfare but to all-out war and nuclear war."

"We will first target and dissolve mainland United States, Hawaii and Guam, and United States military based in South Korea. And the (South Korean presidential office) will be burned to the ground," the KCNA report said.

that lil prick, Kim, should consider himself lucky that Ike isnt alive and sitting in the Oval Office....what do we got now? some goof professor with stones the size of jelly beans, a Sec Def thats a moron, and a fascist dyke, thats intent on stocking up every single round of ammo in Conus for God knows what, while this korean goof, kim jong un DARES threaten the people of the US.

here's the full story: http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/29/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t1

y'know gang, if i was President, (thank God i'm not) we'd be at DefCon 2 in the next 2 minutes, the entire 7th Fleet would be ordered to make sail to Korea, at battle stations, the 3rd MarDiv would be ordered to make ready in less than 24 hours for the trip to Pusan, any "boomer's"(subs, city busters) in the area would be ordered to prep launch depth, two squadrons of B-2's loaded with full strategic weapons package, would be ordered aloft within the hour, to make the flight to North Korea, the Chinese ambassador would ordered to the White House, where the conservation would last all of three minutes, with me doing all of the talking, telling him to get on the wire to his President and tell him that if he better get that little dog BACK in its cage, and i want to see a TOTAL RECANTATION of the threats directed at the United States of America within 6 hours to the global press corps, or the North Korean regime will suffer the most harsh consequences imaginable. Withing 12 hours, 5 to 7 targets would be selected in North Korea for a full spectrum strategic strike, and that would be just round one....no cities, only their known missile and nuke dev sites for starters. If we saw ANY movement from the NK's, round two target packaging would be unprecendented in its devastation, this not only would end North Korea, but send a clear message to other global cowboys, like Iran, Pakistan or whoever, IF you want to threaten the US, the consequences will be swift and brutal. period.
Last edited by neilgin1 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Sounds to me like war has been declared on the US.

Postby Neckro » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Yes kill more American's for another countries war that we should have never got involved with. While you're bombing the North. the Entire South would be carpeted in bombs from the North from your rush to put the dog in its cage.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 pm

I guess the Rodman B-Ball Diplomacy didn't take. Go figure

You have my vote, Neil
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Sounds like propaganda to me.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby twentybux » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm with Neil. Can't a boy dream?
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 am

Look! A convenient distraction!
Last edited by Engineer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rainsonme » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:03 am

There was a movie from the 1950's called The Mouse That Roared. Funny movie about a tiny bankrupt country in Europe, that figured their only hope was to declare war on the US, loose quickly, and let the US rebuild their country. I think the nut-job in NK would like something along those lines ---- food and money in exchange for an agreement to not do what he cant do anyway.

I think if Ike was in the white house now, and someone asked him about today's North Korea, he would go golfing. He was a VERY smart man, and a VERY underrated diplomat.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby natsb88 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 am

North Korea is as much of a threat to the mainland US as Iraq was. That is to say, little to none. If homeland security was really our government's main concern, we'd have ten times as much border and port security here at home, we wouldn't be picking fights 7000 miles away in the middle east, and we wouldn't be eager to jump into east Asia 6000 miles away either.

North and South Korea, Iran and Israel...some of these conflicts go back to before the US was even a country. Every new US president comes along and says "I'm going to fix this" :roll: . It's naive to think any US military intervention is going to resolve the long-standing underlying unrest upon which these conflicts are based, and it's foolish to try. We have spent and printed our currency into its most fragile status in history in no small part due to our world policing and nation building.

If the US is going to take any military action in these regions, it should be an offer to assist in getting US citizens out and back to the US. Then close up shop and come home. The only US targets they can hit are the ones we put within their range, i.e. military bases, ships, embassies... Our actions in the middle east have likely hurt more innocent civilians than they have helped, I don't see any reason it would be different in east Asia.
natsb88

Postby Cent1225 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Im reading what neil had to say and just envisioning it all in my mind. Would make a great John Wayne movie.
Loved the book neil. Sell the rights for a movie.
Thanks.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby algae21 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:18 pm

The Korean war never officially ended, although there's been a cease fire. The two sides are still technically at war. I was there for a short while in the 1980s with the 2nd infantry division. Live near the DMZ, and it doesn't take much time to realize you're at war. ;)
algae21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:56 pm

neil for president!! just kidding. as much as I would love to do that, Its people like that(in now way am I taking a shot a you neil, just a statement in general) that will throw the world into world war 3.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 pm

For the most part I agree with natsb88. With that said there might be more to this particular story although likely still fitting the same mold. I have a friend from highschool I got a hold of recently. Hadnt talked to him since school. According to him hes seen rather hardcore action in NK sometime during bushes reign. Most of his friends died in said conflict. I know a small amount more then that but not much. Probably shouldnt relate it as I dont think it was reported officially, beyond to say that according to him he narrowly missed having a major war with them back in bushes reign.

We reap what we sow people.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Not to mention:

“After destroying North Korea’s 78 cities and thousands of her villages, and killing countless numbers of her civilians, [General] LeMay remarked, “Over a period of three years or so we killed off – what – twenty percent of the population.” It is now believed that the population north of the imposed 38th Parallel lost nearly a third its population of 8 – 9 million people during the 37-month long “hot” war, 1950 – 1953, perhaps an unprecedented percentage of mortality suffered by one nation due to the belligerance of another.” (quoted in Richard Rhodes, “The General and World War III,” The New Yorker, June 19, 1995, p. 53.)
So the US military killed at least 20% of the population in 3 years. That has got to leave some scars on those people. Lets not encourage bombing them anymore.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:20 pm

They just want more money and supplies. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I've been to the DMZ as well (1989), and yes, it is just a cease fire. If the North ever attacked the South again, they know they'd be on their own as China wouldn't bail them out.

Just a distraction........ignore them.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:30 pm

United States................. North Korea
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 pm

rainsonme wrote:
I think if Ike was in the white house now, and someone asked him about today's North Korea, he would go golfing. He was a VERY smart man, and a VERY underrated diplomat.

Yes he was. History will be VERY good to Ike, remember that there were SIX incidents, where the President threatened to use nuclear weapons, the first in early 53, when both the Chinese and North Koreans werent "getting real" at the armistice talks, and Ike was SICK of seeing the weekly KIA reports coming from Korea, and ler it known via the Swiss and others, TO the Chinese, that the President was getting very "impatient" with the pace of the talks, and might "do something" to speed them along......so the Chinese read this threat correctly, and the armistice agreement was signed, real quick-like. They knew he wasnt bluffing....or WAS he?

listen, i'm not a kool aid drinker, i can smell diversion a mile away, this is not propaganda, i know these guys...for real. These are bad guys, who do kooky things...believe me, dont believe me. i just hope no innocent civilans or kids, old people get killed....and this thing just ends....quietly.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:41 pm

My nephew is sitting on the front line in infantry. So, I hope this doesnt turn bad in the near future....
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Cent1225 wrote:Im reading what neil had to say and just envisioning it all in my mind. Would make a great John Wayne movie.
Loved the book neil. Sell the rights for a movie.
Thanks.

its already a done deal...where you i get the frns to stack?...from my mother? .....seriously, i was the youngest graduate from a language school...dot mil, in Korean, read, write and speak. US Navy, went to the peninsula in 78 to 80...very very troubled time. President Carter had decided to withdraw the only combat division in Korea, the 2nd ID...and things got VERY scary, very quick. we were NOT cooking intel, the NK's were prepping big time, numba ten. This was only 3 years after Saigon fell, and the US military was broken.

We were a 90 man Navy det at an Army listening post 30 kms south of the DMZ, i was 3 months shy of my 19th birthday, my CO, and all the senior NCO's, loved me, some crazy kid, running my own one man "shop" within a shop...and everyday, something "new and scary" was happening...it got so bad, the signs were so ominous, that i went to my CO, asked for a word, "do we have a weapons locker, sir?"....no....."do we have an organic motor pool?"...."no, why?"...."so, we can bug out sir"....no...."do we have NBC gear available?....no...i left there, went to my guys, about 8 of us, all the "new kids"...told them, if the balloon goes up, just follow me, coz we're going to either break into the army barracks weapons locker, and grab weapons out of there, or strip the dead of their weapons, we are ganking the first truck we find, getting in, heading south to Pusan, and anything in our way, we will kill it...because we all have high level clearances, we are not infantry, and getting killed by the north koreans would be preferable to getting captured, knowing WHAT we know, and what we dont know, is how it feels to be tortured, so if you want to live, follow me, okay?....they all nodded...and obviously i wasnt the only one concerned, because the din got so bad, President Carter reversed his initial decision....the WEIGHT and heft of all the intel coming at him DAILY from Korea......guys, i was there, these north koreans?....no good, and ALL the deployments of US forces abroad since the end of WW2, i'm proud of what we did in Korea....what did we do?...ok, we allowed a REALLY vibrant thrifty hard working people to rebuild their country, show the world that dynamic capitalism CAN work, and today South Korea 2013...is a gleaming gem...as compared to what i saw in 78 to 80, let alone 1953, when it was a devastated horror show.

now, look what some 28 year old commie prince wants to do...wreck a country, that knows how to thrive in a modern world. There are, on days, absolutes, but those days always have high body counts.

this clip is for you guys, i stole the "absolutes" line...i sure hope none of you think ill of me...i would NOT have wrote what i did, if i didnt know what we're dealing with here, God bless you all, neil

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 pm

frugi wrote:My nephew is sitting on the front line in infantry. So, I hope this doesnt turn bad in the near future....

that makes me really sad, Frug....coz as i wrote i was there, and if MY boy was there now?....i'd be living on tranks, pain killers and prayer.....these are sure bad times, arent they?....guess thats when we really pray, huh? God protect that lad, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Catfish4u » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Hmmm............ I wonder how we would feel if another country was flying nuclear-capable B-52 bombers along our border? The North Korean citizens must be terrorized! What is the definition of a terrorist? (a person or group that terrorizes or frightens others).

Our government keeps the threat of war in our forefront. This keeps the 'average Joe' supporting the military industrial complex. The U.S. has the only nuclear weapons in the America's yet we spend more on 'defense' than the rest of the world combined. There are 'HUGE dollars' for politicians in 'the war factories'. Hundreds of millions of dollars are 'misplaced' each month and Iraq and Afghanistan offers a very good cover for 'losing those hundreds of millions'. JMHO
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby algae21 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:40 pm

frugi wrote:My nephew is sitting on the front line in infantry. So, I hope this doesnt turn bad in the near future....

Chances are it's just testing and posturing. It happens all the time, and it happens with every U.S. President. It's a test of resolve.

I think before the first Obama immaculation, McCain warned that he would ultimately be tested by our enemies. Of course, the media went nuts chastising McCain for being "so unfair to Obama" by calling attention to reality.

How much resolve has Obama shown to date? Without even getting into his disastrous foreign relations with our "friends", he's walked away from Iraq; is in the process of doing so in Afghanistan; won't call terrorists what they are, and hides behind drone attacks. Given all that... Of Course, the North Koreans suspect they can get away with continued aggression.

I'd expect to see continued posturing until Obama shows that he has a pair.
algae21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby frugi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:03 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

that makes me really sad, Frug....coz as i wrote i was there, and if MY boy was there now?....i'd be living on tranks, pain killers and prayer.....these are sure bad times, arent they?....guess thats when we really pray, huh? God protect that lad, neil

He is really homesick. He was supposed to come home for two weeks before getting his orders......that was supposed to be in January, then it was February, then March, now April......geez at some point his time will be up, they keep delaying him constantly. He had orders for something in Texas, but after they delayed him once, the orders got all jumbled up, so now he doesnt know anything. He was a paratrooper in Seoul, but injured himself somehow....I dont know the whole story......So, all I know is that he is now a driver. whatever that is? Just hoping he gets his orders and comes home ASAP.

It is crap like this that makes me very skeptical of exactly what our government knows and when they know it. He was sent to Korea over a year ago, and it was only supposed to be for paratrooper training, and then back home.......but even before he was injured he was getting delayed...........I think the gov't knows something is going to happen in the near future....why else wouldnt they have let him come home?

It is the same thing with another family member of mine (which I cant speak much about)....they sent him to a place that just recently was all over the news, and that seemed awful convenient........ and it wasnt the first time he was sent to some craphole somewhere nobody has ever heard of a year or so before anything broke out and got reported on by the media.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Glad some of you folks aren't in power. I rather have a guy that doesn't want the job rather than one that wants the job of president.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:12 pm

frugi wrote:
He is really homesick.

yeh, i'll bet he is....but if i can offer any comfort....its a nice country....got GOOD food, he'll be home soon...i remember when i got home, and i just gloried in the grocery stores, and sitting in a Major league ball park

.So, all I know is that he is now a driver. whatever that is? Just hoping he gets his orders and comes home ASAP

that might mean he runs a deuce and a half around......taking this here, and that there...part of the motor pool

It is crap like this that makes me very skeptical of exactly what our government knows and when they know it. He was sent to Korea over a year ago, and it was only supposed to be for paratrooper training, and then back home.......but even before he was injured he was getting delayed...........I think the gov't knows something is going to happen in the near future....why else wouldnt they have let him come home?

yeh, that's the whole deal.....we NEVER really know, thats what kind of got to me, back in the day even...you never REALLY know what the truth is....and i think, some of these guys, highly placed, arent REALLY that smart....they just know the right tickets to punch...i think maybe this time, its going to be the Chinese that send the 1 million tonnes of rice, send the fuel oil...not us....and then things will go back down to low simmer, instead of high heat.

It is the same thing with another family member of mine (which I cant speak much about)....they sent him to a place that just recently was all over the news, and that seemed awful convenient........ and it wasnt the first time he was sent to some craphole somewhere nobody has ever heard of a year or so before anything broke out and got reported on by the media.

this is what i wanted to get too...i think i know EXACTLY where you're referencing, and DO NOT even say yay or nay...coz i'm just putting the first letters, "C" and "M"...yes, they are craphole's no good US boy should have to go.

the whole thing is this; its the "Block China" strategy....which is why we're STILL in Afghanistan, which is why we make moves in RESOURCE rich Africa.......but in the end, it all seems like games to me...we should be focused on DEFENDING America...but yeh, the "complex" is the hidden hand, and that is defintely NOT what the Framers wanted for us.......i've been saying prayers for your nephew.....he'll get back fine, and you give him a big hug, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:09 pm

neilgin1 wrote:.......i've been saying prayers for your nephew.....he'll get back fine, and you give him a big hug, neil

thanks neil.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals