whats next......

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

whats next......

Postby agmoose » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:11 pm

agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: whats next......

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:28 am

Well, in this article Jim Rogers says pensions are next. So get ready :P
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby ScrapMetal » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:08 pm

When the government can make the rules (or even break the rules) all bets are off. Been there, done that. Just happened to me . As a veteran with the promise of healthcare for life, just got a letter from the Secretary of Defense that since I do not live close enough to a military base, my now paid for health insurance was being cancelled. So much for the government's promise, and so much for the rhetoric from most politicians. Wish I could I go back in time and not honor some of my commitments. The good faith of our governments are long past. Get ready for them doing some very drastic action. They are broke and desperate.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 pm

I hear ya scrap. You must love more than 40 miles from the nearest MTF. What a crock huh. I'm 27 away, so in a couple years, they'll probably adjust the limit and screw me too. Tricare prime premiums went up 17% last year and will continue to rise as they keep screwing us vets. Like I said, how sad that I don't trust the govt that I've given over 25 years of service too.....how sad.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Stealing stuff is the only thing government is good at. They call it "collectivism" or "redistribution" but unfortunately the crime is so endemic that what was once a situation of the government distributing the bread and keeping the crumbs for themselves has become government keeping the bread and distributing the crumbs. Something's gotta go.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions