What? No one has a word to say about The Spike?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What? No one has a word to say about The Spike?

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:41 am

Break out?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What? No one has a word to say about The Spike?

Postby NHsorter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 am

I did not want to jinx it.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 am

Silver? Gold? Never heard of the stuff.

;)

Keep stacking, silver might go absolutely crazy and get to $29/ounce before we know it!!!!! (Continued sarcasm.....)
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby galenrog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 am

Spikes?? Railroad has a pile of them just down the road.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 am

NHsorter wrote:I did not want to jinx it.

Wow, you have that much power? Could you say something nice about Obama?
beauanderos

Postby Country » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am

It's gotta be the Japanese. The Yen has collapsed recently from 80/$ to 100/$. When your currency collapses, and your bonds collapse and you got boatloads of FIAT, wouldn't this response in PMs make sense? The Japanese stockmarket is ON-FIRE because of the this! If I'm correct, and since the PM markets are small, we will see a massive move higher from here. :thumbup:

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby NHsorter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 am

Obama is the best King that has ever ruled over me. May he live long and prosper. Hail the King! Hail the King!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 am

It's JAPANese money! Yen liquidation = higher PMs! :mrgreen:

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby NHsorter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 am

Early yet, but my guesses on your silver contest are looking pretty good now. First time I have ever been on the top end of the list.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 am

It's JAPANese money!

Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 am

What does green indicate again? It has been so long I forgot. Well I should have bought the shiny I was looking at yesterday, but I am already low FRN's because I was buying on the way down. Good to see a nice upswing on this ride. 8-)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 am

It seems there is a spike one way or the other at least 3 times a week so it's not super newsworthy :)

Now if the +15.60 was on silver, now THAT would be newsworthy :)
barrytrot

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 am

Keeping my fingers crossed, Bill.... and Jason :lol: Image
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 am

Maybe Izz ad-Din al-Qassam hacked JPMorgan and knocked out their metals desks :thumbup: :D

Usually, their computer system blocks "pop-ups" :x :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Z00 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:08 am

Spike??? Look I see them all the time at ChinaMart. Red , green and all different colors. Craziest hair style I ever saw.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:10 am

It's JAPANese money!

QE-JAPAN HAS BEGUN!!!

Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:11 am

I'm not ready for it to take off. I don't have enough bought yet. I'm still waiting for someone to buy my copper and other coins lot!!! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22850
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

Country wrote:It's JAPANese money!

QE-JAPAN HAS BEGUN!!!

Silver $35, Gold $1750

Made in Japan :mrgreen:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 am

beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 am

It depends on the scale. Change the scale and it's "just" a joggle, already capped by TPTB. A true spike would be 27 to 35 in less than a day.

Not trying to be a downer about it. On the bright side it does point to and continue to confirm the floor that exists under PMs.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Country » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 am

Comex gold and silver futures markets BUY STOPS CLUSTERED AROUND $28 SILVER, $1600 GOLD.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Wyckoff/20130409.html
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 am

No. No. No. The spike is because I sold most of my gold yesterday, at a loss.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby mbailey1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 am

I'm going to research this later but I don't have time to right now... maybe someone on here already has the answer I'm looking for.

What is the best ETF to take advantage of the yen losing it's value. I would be willing to wager that over the next 2 years (maybe even sooner than that) the yen will keep losing in comparison to the USD. I think this could be a great medium to long term play. Basically we are sinking but the Jap's are going to sink faster.

I need to see $29.08 just to get back to even on my latest paper play. This rally is more than welcome here. :thumbup:

I totally agree with Mr. Kyle Bass in the video link above. What's his track record been like in the past?
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:04 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:I'm going to research this later but I don't have time to right now... maybe someone on here already has the answer I'm looking for.

What is the best ETF to take advantage of the yen losing it's value. I would be willing to wager that over the next 2 years (maybe even sooner than that) the yen will keep losing in comparison to the USD. I think this could be a great medium to long term play. Basically we are sinking but the Jap's are going to sink faster.

I need to see $29.08 just to get back to even on my latest paper play. This rally is more than welcome here. :thumbup:

I totally agree with Mr. Kyle Bass in the video link above. What's his track record been like in the past?

Japanese Yen ETF The Japanese Yen has been a popular currency over the years. Throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s it has the lowest interest rate interest rate of all the developed nations, this attracted a lot of carry traders trying to profit from the low rates. Some Japanese Yen exchange traded funds include:

•JYN – iPath JPY / USD Exchange Rate ETN
•JYF – WisdomTree Dreyfus Japanese Yen ETF
•FXY – CurrencyShares Japanese Yen Trust

Sell these short in your margin account.

Or....

YCS - double short Japanese Yen
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:I'm going to research this later but I don't have time to right now... maybe someone on here already has the answer I'm looking for.

http://etf.about.com/od/etfsymbols/g/YCS_ETF.htm

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ycs&ql=1

and actually, Mike... you'll need to get alot higher than $29.08 to break even if you were playing leveraged ETF's... they degrade pretty fast on down days. You might need to see $30 or $31 :?
beauanderos

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals