I'm telling you it is always subtle!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

I'm telling you it is always subtle!

Postby barrytrot » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:20 am

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... ent-saving

See they aren't going to seize retirement accounts. That would get people up in arms. So they just say, "oh you don't need so much" and the people out there agree.

In 2 more years, 2 million is "too much". It 5 years 1 million is the cap.

They aren't going to have to seize accounts. That's foolish thinking. They just subtly eat away at it. Very simple and zero problems from the people.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I'm telling you it is always subtle!

Postby ScrapMetal » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Interesting to note that Obama now knows how much people need in their retirement. What is happening to this country and being successful? Haven't we always been told to save for a rainy day or your golden years? So now the government must intrude into that aspect of our lives. So pathetic. The government can't manage their own finances and now wants to dictate to us on how to manage our money. I am telling you, the handwriting is on the wall. Successful or wealthy people are the target of this administration. He has no problem stealing from the wealthy to hand over to the poor.Problem is the poor have not invested anything into this country, and sit with their hands out, and our government is quite happy to fill those empty hands.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby Morsecode » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:35 pm

barrytrot wrote:http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/04/10/obama-budget-proposes-cap-on-retirement-saving

See they aren't going to seize retirement accounts. That would get people up in arms. So they just say, "oh you don't need so much" and the people out there agree.

In 2 more years, 2 million is "too much". It 5 years 1 million is the cap.

They aren't going to have to seize accounts. That's foolish thinking. They just subtly eat away at it. Very simple and zero problems from the people.

Yep, you nailed it.

Think "incremental redistribution".
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:55 pm

ScrapMetal wrote: [Obama] has no problem stealing from the wealthy to hand over to the poor. Problem is the poor have not invested anything into this country, and sit with their hands out, and our government is quite happy to fill those empty hands.

Obama doesn't steal from the wealthy. He steals from the middle class, with 90% of that theft going to the super-wealthy, who in turn throw him crumbs via lobbyists, and 10% going to the foolish super-poor, who vote to steal their bosses livelihood thinking they'll get a cut, and not realizing that is where their jobs came from. We're eating the golden goose.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 am

It's always something with our government. Modern perception must equate daily life with how does government get involved with it. I am getting worried that we will eventually have our Roth IRAs taxed or will get a VAT. Seems like an empire is crumbling and the weight of it crushes downward on its population.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions