"Boston"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: "Boston"

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm

natsb88 wrote:
silverflake wrote:neilgin1, as usual, thanks for the kind words and prayers. You're one of the good guys here.

natsb88, sounds like your info points toward the authorities blowing up a suspicious package (meaning the authorities provided the "boom"). That's a story I would like to believe (I think). As a naïve fire-power guy and police procedure know-nothing, is that the norm? Blowing it up before it blows you up?

Yes, using a small controlled explosion, or something like a water cannon, is a way to blow apart a larger or unknown explosive device before it detonates on its own as designed. The idea is to break it apart so it can't function more than it is to actually set it off, but it can go either way, especially when you don't know what you are dealing with.

Whether it's true or not I can't say, but during the live coverage, all indications were that the third explosion was a controlled detonation like this done by the bomb squad on a suspicious package/bag near the bleachers. I would speculate that it turned out to be nothing due to the lack of further reporting, but that's just a guess.

Yes. It has been SOP since Viet Nam. It's far safer to pre-detonate a bomb than try to de-fuse the bomb.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 pm

So now those two "ACTORS" are double agents and flipped against the US and FBI....heard this on Micheal Savage last night. Something about an Egyptian bomber suspect was in the hospital with burns on his hands and the Egyptian Finance Minster flew over and they both dissappeared from the hospital....Oh brother.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 pm

now get this...guess who did a COMPLETE flip?...Rand Paul.

just said, its okay to take out a liquor store robber with a drone:

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/201 ... _flip_flop

he's just a phony as well......his father wasn't...he is....just listen to him, talks like a politician, stammering....and I was going to work to make him President...they're ALL wrong.

But you know what?!? I AINT LEAVING AMERICA! I WAS BORN HERE, AND I WILL DIE HERE!!

watching Rand just now?...that was it.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:34 pm

neilgin1 wrote:now get this...guess who did a COMPLETE flip?...Rand Paul.

just said, its okay to take out a liquor store robber with a drone:

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/201 ... _flip_flop

he's just a phony as well......his father wasn't...he is....just listen to him, talks like a politician, stammering....and I was going to work to make him President...they're ALL wrong.

But you know what?!? I AINT LEAVING AMERICA! I WAS BORN HERE, AND I WILL DIE HERE!!

watching Rand just now?...that was it.

wow - very disappointing

full article from neils link below...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted By John Hudson Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 6:30 PM Share

Ron Paul's vibrant fan base is in open rebellion today over Rand Paul's reversal on domestic drone strikes. The Kentucky senator, whose famous 13-hour Senate floor filibuster did much to strengthen his ties with his father's hardcore following, told Fox Business Network on Tuesday he's OK with drone strikes on American citizens who, for instance, rob a liquor store.

"I've never argued against any technology being used when you have an imminent threat, an active crime going on," Paul said. "If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash. I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him."

While it's true that Paul has always made an exception for "imminent threats" -- a 9/11-like moment -- the liquor store scenario struck many libertarians as a very low threshold for domestic drone strikes, especially considering Paul's Senate floor remarks, which if you recall, took a more anti-drone stance. Here's Paul on the Senate floor:

I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our Constitution is important, that your rights to trial by jury are precious, that no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court.

Now, a phalanx of Ron Paul and libertarian forums are revolting at the senator's perceived reversal.

"I am stunned by Rand's statement," reads a blog post on the Daily Paul, one of the largest Ron Paul fan sites. "Unmanned killers in our skys O.K.??? Really? Get away from the Neocons and war mongers Rand, their arrogant and self-righteous air is rotting your brain."

"How cute. The Politician emerges," wrote Paladin69, a user on RonPaulForums.com.

"I disagree with shooting first and asking questions later," added forum administrator Josh Lowry.

"The hell with arresting him I guess," wrote user The Gold Standard sarcastically. "Just fire a missile at him and move on to the next mundane."

Reddit's brand of libertarian politics also repelled Paul's hypothetical. "A missile into the storefront seems like dramatically excessive force," wrote Reddit user Ohyeahthatsright. "Rand then seems to be supporting the militarization of police in their use of 'tools'. I thought he was against the 'police state.'"

Other libertarian-leaning commentators, such as the American Conservative's Jordan Bloom, gave Paul more credit. "Paul wasn't as clear as he should have been," he writes. "It seems like he's trying to describe a firefight-type situation in which the cops are forced to neutralize a thief robbing a liquor store, but the way he actually describes it sounds far more innocuous."

Today's flap is not the first he's had with his father's powerful online fan base, and it surely won't be the last. But by all accounts, his principled filibuster greatly rejuvenated his credibility with libertarians following his heretical endorsement of Mitt Romney during the presidential election. With today's remarks, he appears to have chipped away at that newly gained goodwill.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby angel2004 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Yes, I wonder why that happened.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:03 am

angel2004 wrote:Yes, I wonder why that happened.

Maybe his colleges have some dirt on him.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby angel2004 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:46 am

Really strange. I had so much hope seeing and hearing him! Either that or maybe threats, but I find it hard to believe either. Maybe just a bad example. I didn't see it because I don't want to make myself sick!
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 am

Heinlein said it better, but I'll put it as best I remember.

"Reform politicians are rarely honest. They have a bad tendency not to stay bought."
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:01 am

Just another typical politician. Some of them start out with good intentions. :thumbup: But after being in Washington for awhile the corruption gets to all of them. :thumbdown:
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 am

Keep working for LIBERTY. Keep up the good fight no matter who disappoints us. The Liberty Movement is a grass roots effort and it's principles are the very roots of our nation. Many are stepping forward and running for office. Keep stacking and keep working for Liberty.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby angel2004 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:36 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Keep working for LIBERTY. Keep up the good fight no matter who disappoints us. The Liberty Movement is a grass roots effort and it's principles are the very roots of our nation. Many are stepping forward and running for office. Keep stacking and keep working for Liberty.

so true. Prayer and protection is what we need like the people in PA were poked fun at a few yrs ago
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am

WOW !!!
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 am

NDFarmer wrote:The FBI interviewed the bomber that got killed in 2011 but yet they had to go public with his picture because they didn't know who he was. What's up with that?

Deception and lies. He was their fallback patsy. They used him when the redneck in the red shirt and blue sweater got released with pictures of his handlers, before their press conference at the courthouse where they were going to announce the arrest.

Remember they were announcing they had made an arrest and scheduled a press conference at the courthouse, but as soon as Anonymous released these photos (http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA/noscript) and Alex Jones made them go viral, they did an about face, cancelled the press conference, evacuated the courthouse (got rid of the press) and then a military vehicle pulled up to the back and left with someone?
Last edited by TwoPenniesEarned on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby natsb88 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

I don't necessarily agree with his statement, but I do think it's being taken way out of context.

He said, in the context of a robbery at a liquor store, that if somebody "comes out...with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him." He also specified that the situation would have to be "an imminent threat, an active crime going on," like waving a gun around or holding it to someone's head. The same type of situation where a cop on the ground would be justified in taking a shot at the suspect. He said very clearly that he is against using drones for warrantless surveillance or when "there's not probable cause that a crime is being committed." The guy spent 13 hours railing against drones on the Senate floor.

While I don't like the idea of drones at all, Rand's actual statement wasn't nearly as dramatic as all the "Rand Paul says the government can use drones to kill Americans" headlines that are floating around. Of course the media and the GOP are going to jump all over this and try to turn the liberty oriented against him. The amount of libertarian-leaning support Rand has gathered is a threat to the status quo within the GOP and a threat to the status quo within the Senate. I am not 100% on board with all of Rand's views, and he certainly plays the political game more than his father did, but he's one of the very few voices in the Senate for the libertarian-minded. Don't write him off yet.
natsb88

Postby angel2004 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:59 am

Yes and it can be taken with a grain of salt. But I just have a bad feeling with drones. I guess no surrender is the issue with me. If a cop is there and gives the chance to drop the weapon, I know all cases don't call for this when the person has the gun aimed or is threatening etc, but at least a chance for giving up. With a drone just killed. I just don't feel comfortable with drones watching/spying etc. They do have drones without human control as well now. Not sure if deployed but they do exist.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby ScrapMetal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Looking at pictures and videos of aftermath of blasts, why didn't any of the flags get damaged?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=046MuD1pYJg&bpctr=1366825435

Seems strange to me that not one flag seems to be damaged . Maybe they were out of range for the shrapnel?
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby Dano » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:11 pm

ScrapMetal wrote:Looking at pictures and videos of aftermath of blasts, why didn't any of the flags get damaged?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=046MuD1pYJg&bpctr=1366825435

Seems strange to me that not one flag seems to be damaged . Maybe they were out of range for the shrapnel?

Scrapmetal,
The blasts were at ground level and the vast majority of injuries were at or below the waist. Sadly, there were many leg and foot amputations including several double amputations.
"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."
Dano
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SoFa » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 pm

There are an awful lot of liquor store robberies. There would need to be drones in every city to combat them.
Rand doesn't seem to be opposed to that as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone's Constitutional rights (in other words, if they could convince the Supreme Court that it's not infringing).
It seems like maybe he's being more academic rather than genuine when he waves around the Constitution.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby angel2004 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:38 pm

There was an interview with Judge Napalitano with Rand Paul were he stated his view on drones has not changed.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hobo finds » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:45 pm

What did the drone say to the liquor store robber?
hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:55 pm

hobo finds wrote:What did the drone say to the liquor store robber?

That was a blast, easy to do, no jury for you!
hobo finds

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:42 am

it gets CRAZIER.....headline....zero hedge:

Falsely Identified "Boston Bombing" Suspect Found Dead

"The amateur detective sleuths on 4Chan, Reddit and other social sites were so eager to demonstrate their investigative prowess in the information vacuum days following the Boston Bombing, they managed to identify virtually everyone who appeared even slightly tanned and/or had a backpack as a potential suspect. Sadly, the game, as well-meaning as it may have been, just turned lethal for one of the people who were falsely identified, as NBC just confirmed that Sunil Tripathi, 22, a former student at Brown University has been found dead in the Providence River."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-2 ... found-dead
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 am

How did it just turn lethal if the cause of death is unknown? We don't even know how long he's been dead.
Last edited by SoFa on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Mass Governor blocks inquiry into welfare benefits to the bombers, citing "privacy"

Huh, go figure. Privacy did not seem very important to the Gov last week with the door-to-door kick down.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby angel2004 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Yes, it seems privacy is for the criminals etc and not for the lawabiding regular 'little' people. It seems that way with many things now-medical records, filming and tracking us etc.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals