Your good buddy JP Morgan has a card for you!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Your good buddy JP Morgan has a card for you!

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed May 15, 2013 11:59 am

JP Morgan Palladium Card

This card has been out for almost 2 years now and is one of the most flashiest pieces of metal around. Yep that’s right, it’s actually made out of metal; a palladium and 23 karat gold alloy.

Lately the price of palladium has been fluctuating in price between $600 and $700. And gold is more than 2x that (but I doubt they use much gold in this). Since the card in and of itself weighs 1 ounce, it’s worth a pretty penny. Aside from being blingy, it has a laundry list of insurance coverages and travel benefits.

The annual fee is “only” $595 but that’s because they gear it towards JP Morgan private banking client. To be a member of that elite group, you typically need to have a minimum of $5 million in assets at their bank (and their average customer in that group reportedly has $25 million).

Source: http://creditcardforum.com/blog/most-pr ... dit-cards/
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Your good buddy JP Morgan has a card for you!

Postby Hawkeye » Thu May 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Awesome. But you'd think that old JP could afford to eat the $595 fee on a $5,000,000.00+ account. Come on - throw the 1%ers a bone.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu May 16, 2013 12:42 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Awesome. But you'd think that old JP could afford to eat the $595 fee on a $5,000,000.00+ account. Come on - throw the 1%ers a bone.

5 million in the bank/brokerage account is more like 0.01%.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Thu May 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I remember when I had $5 million in a bank account...when I was in kindergarden.

I remember when I had $5 million in a bank account...in Zimbabwe.

I remember when I had $5 million in a bank account...that belongs to the fund I direct.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions