Debt Ceiling Suspended: US Surpasses $16.7 Trillion

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Debt Ceiling Suspended: US Surpasses $16.7 Trillion

Postby natsb88 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 am

Washington has suspended the debt ceiling, setting a date, and not a concrete dollar sum as a deadline, an unprecedented first in US history.

Citing ‘extraordinary measures’, the US Treasury has further delayed tackling America’s debt, and will wait until Labor Day, September 2nd, to revisit the burgeoning crisis. The ceiling has been lifted, and the Treasury has promised it will keep cash pumping into government spending programs beyond the debt limit through a series of emergency cash tools.

More: http://rt.com/business/us-debt-ceiling-suspended--510/
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Debt Ceiling Suspended: US Surpasses $16.7 Trillion

Postby Hawkeye » Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 am

That's the way to deal with things when you have a problem! Just ignore it and keep doing what created the problem in the first place. I simply cannot grasp what the people in Washington are thinking. Wait... "people in Washington thinking." Never mind. :roll:

Actually, I think they do think, but their thinking never gets beyond "what can I do to ensure my election in the next cycle." Ridiculous.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions