Gold/Silver back up sharply

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold/Silver back up sharply

Postby theo » Mon May 20, 2013 11:26 am

Silver is back up to almost 23.00 and Gold is almost at 1400. Both are up over 2% in less than 20 minutes.

A large buyer perhaps?

Quite a ride!
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Gold/Silver back up sharply

Postby johnbrickner » Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 am

Might this be in reaction to the fed deciding to buy the govt debt 'till Sept 2nd?
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Re: Gold/Silver back up sharply

Postby InfleXion » Mon May 20, 2013 12:06 pm

It looks like there are sell stops at 23 and buy stops at 21. We'll just have to wait and see, but I've always felt that volatility is our friend. Even though it makes for a wild ride volatility is a pre-requisite for the next echelon of higher prices. I'm just glad I pulled the trigger when we first hit $21 on my most recent purchase. I did not miss the bottom, so far. :)
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals