Tulving finally has 1/10th ounce gold eagles again!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Tulving finally has 1/10th ounce gold eagles again!

Postby barrytrot » Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am

And the premium is 10.50% and was only 10.25% originally so essentially no extra premium.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Tulving finally has 1/10th ounce gold eagles again!

Postby Engineer » Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 am

barrytrot wrote:And the premium is 10.50% and was only 10.25% originally so essentially no extra premium.

I pay more attention to the bid rather than the ask price, but premiums on fractional Au seem to have dropped to reasonable levels while Ag is still elevated. Whether this means a drop in physical Ag is headed this way, or an increase in Au is forthcoming is a matter of opinion.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri May 31, 2013 6:12 am

In the last 6 months or so the Gold/Silver ratio has moved from the low 50s to around 62.
http://www.kitco.com/Gold_Silver_Ratio_Charts/gold-silver-ratio-charts.html

Any speculation on why?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby AlleyAlchemy » Fri May 31, 2013 8:14 am

As you probably know, Franklin Sanders --> http://silver-and-gold-prices.goldprice.org/ -- often discusses the gold/silver ratio, usually within the context of swapping one for the other when the ratio reaches a certain level.

My slide rule is cracked though, so I can't offer a good rationale for the change.
AlleyAlchemy

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 am

IdahoCopper wrote:In the last 6 months or so the Gold/Silver ratio has moved from the low 50s to around 62.

Any speculation on why?

Ask JPMorgan. They can paint any picture they want. There is no rhyme nor reason to the ratio and agonizing over its intent is a waste of time when technical analysis is made worthless by manipulative sorties. The only value it has is helping determine if you should swap the ratio. Since silver appears easier to suppress than gold, you can probably expect the ratio to worsen.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby InfleXion » Fri May 31, 2013 1:02 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:In the last 6 months or so the Gold/Silver ratio has moved from the low 50s to around 62.

Any speculation on why?

Gold is the big kid on the block. When metals fall as we have seen lately silver falls harder, and the GSR moves in favor of gold. When metals rise in price silver jumps farther, and the GSR moves in favor of silver. Silver has more upside if you are a bull. Essentially a bet that gold will outperform silver is a bet that metals will fall so gold is good for protection, and I do love the gold fundamentals but I prefer the risk/reward silver offers.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri May 31, 2013 1:07 pm

InfleXion wrote:

Any speculation on why?

Gold is the big kid on the block. When metals fall as we have seen lately silver falls harder, and the GSR moves in favor of gold. When metals rise in price silver jumps farther, and the GSR moves in favor of silver. This is partly why I prefer silver. More upside if you are a bull. Essentially a bet that gold will outperform silver is a bet that metals will fall, so it's good for protection, and I like the gold fundamentals but I prefer the risk/reward silver offers.

I agree.

I still am going to get an order of these to finally have a good number of smaller gold :)
barrytrot

Postby johnbrickner » Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

barrytrot wrote:I still am going to get an order of these to finally have a good number of smaller gold :)

Humm, group buy? Anyone willing to take the lead?
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:48 pm

I've really come to enjoy the 1/10th ounce AGE! A nice way to keep gold in small amounts! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Fri May 31, 2013 6:08 pm

johnbrickner wrote:
barrytrot wrote:I still am going to get an order of these to finally have a good number of smaller gold :)

You gotta buy 100 of them from Tulving - his minimum. That would cost $15,374 at todays closing price ($153.74 each). Other AGEs are 20 TOZ minimum.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby coincrazy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:58 pm

johnbrickner wrote:

I'd be interested in 10 if the price is right.
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:56 pm

coincrazy wrote:I'd be interested in 10 if the price is right.

Ditto what he said.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals