I really want to thank all you guys.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I really want to thank all you guys.

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:01 pm

I've been buying silver currency for a while now, been blessed to garner a nice cache.

then the price did what we thought it would do in the initial stages of long term bull, after all, its REAL money.

and lately i been trying to wrap my mind around the whole new pricing structure.

please dont laugh at me now, coz i know i done paid up, but i finally regrew my "stones", and slash and burned on Ebay tonight and picked
up a really nice role of 1960 Franklin Proofs for 31X...(yeh yeh i know, but its a roll i wanted) and picked up a second role of 1963 Franklin proofs for 28X.

these and two previous rolls of Washington's are the first proofs i bought in my long silver dealings. I like good looking silver.

and i really got you guys to thank, because of some of the resources and reports that been coming thru this forum.

it seems to me that one day, we're gonna wake up and silver will really get crazy....and $30 ounces will seem a dim memory, while some people are holding junky paper, God help them , and God help our beautiful country

as one brother reminded me in another thread, now we should be concerned about long term storage food. I'm looking at sealed buckets of wheat berry's and a
hand mill, a good hand mill.

we sure do live in interesting times, your colleague, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: I really want to thank all you guys.

Postby Thogey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:39 pm

OK Let's have a real Realcent butt kissing session.

This forum has been a major life enhancing experience. My family is better prepared because of the things I've learned.

My attitude has really evolved because of my interactions with you guys, and I've enjoyed reading others evolving attitudes.

One thing for sure, we may wind up being the last free people on the continent. I have probably done 20-30K in trade with Realcent since joining. That takes pretty solid relationships!

I really look forward to signing on to Realcent. I also look forward to neil's posts and insight concerning the nutty commodities market. 30.00 an ounce is painful, $4-$5 gas is really going to be brutal. $10 milk, $15.00 Cheese.
.750ml of Dewars just went up 2 bucks, that is painful.

Thanks guys.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby aristobolus » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:18 am

I love you man...
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:25 am

I will agree people on this forum are some of the best and brightest I have run across on the web. I throughly enjoy coming here to read and discuss every topic under the sun. I have learned more than I could have ever imagined and I thank you guys and gals for that.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:57 am

Agreed, no sappy stuff here but its great working deals with all of you as well exchanging information and insight in PMs and Base Metals. The jokes are good from time to time too :lol:
TXBullion

Postby agmoose » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:23 am

I'll ditto what TXBullion said.........

Here's to more of it in 2011. Cheers!
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:29 am

ditto
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:17 am

I am pretty new here, but I think there is a great bunch of people here. I am on a few forums, and the percentage of good people here is off the charts imo.
Last edited by Treetop on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby exbingoaddict » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 am

This must be one of the most informative and friendliest forums on the internet. A lot of sharp minds here. Also, active members seem content to agree to disagree without heated posts back and forth.

Personally, I'm not a doom and gloomer. Not foreseeing the end of civilization. However, inflation is going to be a fact of life. You can't increase the money supply with a trillion dollars and it not happen over the longer run. So you could a lot worse than investing in some commodities.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:06 am

neilgin1 wrote:I've been buying silver currency .

please dont laugh at me now, coz i know i done paid up, but i finally regrew my "stones", and slash and burned on Ebay tonight and picked up a really nice role of 1960 Franklin Proofs for 31X...(yeh yeh i know, but its a roll i wanted) and picked up a second role of 1963 Franklin proofs for 28X.

these and two previous rolls of Washington's are the first proofs i bought in my long silver dealings. I like good looking silver.

we sure do live in interesting times, your colleague, neil

When I have the cash, I buy them, too! Sounded like a nice score to me. :D

About long term storage of grains: Make sure you store them along with moisture absorbing silica gel packs (and maybe an oxygen absorber, too.... I use carbon monoxide to push the O2 out of the buckets). You probably already know that. ;)

Yeah, RealCent is cool.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:34 am

Carbon monoxide?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Devil Soundwave » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:19 am

Dioxide surely?
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:35 pm

I think he means carbon dioxide in the form of dry ice. No oxygen is better of course, but if you just keep it dry and insects from living in it, you will be fine.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Economist » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:22 pm

I'll chime in: I found the old realcent forum and coinflation.com at the same time back in '07. I'm now a professional academic, and my article on copper penny hoarding was my first academic publication which got my career going. So thanks to everyone here (especially the guys who have been around for a long time) for helping a "hard money" economist get going in life!
Economist
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Corsair » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Economist wrote:I'll chime in: I found the old realcent forum and coinflation.com at the same time back in '07. I'm now a professional academic, and my article on copper penny hoarding was my first academic publication which got my career going. So thanks to everyone here (especially the guys who have been around for a long time) for helping a "hard money" economist get going in life!

Wow, Economist, that's awesome! You should post your article here on the forum.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:54 pm

I'll break out the sticks, marshmallows, chocolate and graham cracker before chocolate is $15 a bar and the name is changed to gram crackers.

I agree with all that this group is a special bunch of folks with lots of knowledge and forward thinking. We also agree to disagree on issues which I think is great!

Like many, I feel like I’ve learned far more by what has been shared than what I could have found on my own.

Thanks Everyone!
Copper Catcher

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Corsair wrote:
Economist wrote:I'll chime in: I found the old realcent forum and coinflation.com at the same time back in '07. I'm now a professional academic, and my article on copper penny hoarding was my first academic publication which got my career going. So thanks to everyone here (especially the guys who have been around for a long time) for helping a "hard money" economist get going in life!

Wow, Economist, that's awesome! You should post your article here on the forum.
I read snippets from it from the other site, which if I recall Copper Catcher had linked, but it might have been Ardent Listener. Very good, in depth, incisive research with interesting conclusions.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Sorry, guys! I meant carbon dioxide! CO2.

The drier you store the grains, the longer they will last.

Keeping O2 out also makes them last longer. It keeps any oxygen loving (aerobic) yeast or fungal growth from happening, too. I learned that from my wine & beer making (hic!).

Edit: If I don't use straight CO2... I use "Private Preserve". It is a mixture of argon, CO2, and nitrogen. http://www.PrivatePreserve.com I have placed de-canted wine under a blanket of this stuff and left it for over a year with no ill effects.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Sheikh,
the sites that are selling buckets, are saying they come packed as you say, CO2'ed and with dessicants.

imo, you buy them as back-up, while practicing the ART of making bread with Costco flour...ergo, to wit, ad nauseum, while at least daily life still maintains SOME modicum of sanity......

btw, i am burning a bit, coz when this weekend's news broke, it tore me away from Ebay, and some feller got him a role of 62 Franklin Proofs for 24X, while i wasnt looking.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 pm

lots and I mean lots of info and lifelong 'friends' made here! so glad I found it, wish I would have found it in 06!
misteroman

Postby justoneguy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:09 am

I wish i'd have found this site sooner also.
I got into prepping in 06, + found this site thru a prepper link.
I've since stashed ** oz silver + **lbs copper.
I had an eye for PM's ,but thought gold was way too expensive.
silver, especially coins never even occured to me.
thanks penny pals
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby drofdrugs » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:25 pm

ANNND,we're the hundred best friends that anyone could have,anyone could have, anyone could have! Sing it with me!
drofdrugs

Postby Corsair » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 pm

drofdrugs wrote:ANNND,we're the hundred best friends that anyone could have,anyone could have, anyone could have! Sing it with me!

"Paging Dr. .... Of drugs! Come in, Dr. Of Drugs!"
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals