Any others all in at this point?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Any others all in at this point?

Postby barrytrot » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm all in and I took a few other people with me :)

Anyone else all in at this point?
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Any others all in at this point?

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm

This isn't capitulation yet if people are still talking about going all in. Thus, the market will drift/plunge lower still. :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Country » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Just about as far in as I'm gonna get right now. Still got some power dry.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby barrytrot » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:13 pm

beauanderos wrote:This isn't capitulation yet if people are still talking about going all in. Thus, the market will drift/plunge lower still. :sick:

Generally capitulation will happen BEFORE the last "side liners" decide to go in. Long before as generally "side liners" stay on the side line for the most part.

And, I'm sure a lot of capitulation has already occurred.

That said: sure it could drift lower of course, although my money apparently is hoping it won't :)
barrytrot

Postby silver » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm all in for the time being. My powder started smoking so I figured I would let it cool off for a while. :lol:
ED
silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Didn't say I wasn't all in on a week by week basis regarding physical. But I'm keeping some 401K paper powder dry for yet lower entry point. If I'm wrong, so what? The pile benefits :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:22 pm

I have been all in for 11 years now.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:48 pm

I have some dry Power but can't find bullion or 090% at a Premium I will pay :(

Gillette WY has only Pawn Shops No rolls of 90% an want $9.00 extra for bullion :shock:

Two more days Travel to get home hope spot drops a little more ;)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:02 pm

I went all-in in 08. As for this time around I have been picking up a few to several ounces every time the price of silver drops a couple bucks. I don't want to overextend myself but I can't miss out on these prices either. My strategy was the same at 27 as it is today, buy what I can afford to lose not caring about the price for as long as demand exceeds mining supply.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:09 pm

As others, I'm essentially already all-in and have been for some time, though I'm weighing whether or not to spend the next couple of months worth of PM buys now instead of later.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby tedandcam » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Naw, I'm not all in. I still have future discretionary income to purchase more. Plus I sort each and every week. Can't beat that $1.39 and $3.39 per troy silver.

What does the term "capitulation" mean? I have heard it used numerous times.
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:22 pm

tedandcam wrote:Naw, I'm not all in. I still have future discretionary income to purchase more. Plus I sort each and every week. Can't beat that $1.39 and $3.39 per troy silver.

What does the term "capitulation" mean? I have heard it used numerous times.

Well I'm not all-in on silver either, I've just gone as far in as I'm willing to go in the absence of spare dry powder ;)

Capitulation basically means giving up.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby theo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 pm

For the past year and half I've put myself on a monthly budget and I've been buying from $40 all the way down $19. My main concern right now is whether the little LCS I deal with will have any supply. I almost cleaned him out the last time with a fairly modest amount of cash. I also continue to encourage family and friends invest, which is challenging to say the least.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm all out.......of what I had planned to move.
I will be all in when we hit my new target.
Please don't string me up. I don't like it anymore than the next guy.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 pm

$18-19/oz is a good price so why not buy? Does anyone seriously think it will never go above that? If a savings account pays 0.05% then what do you have to lose waiting for silver to go back to $30 even if it takes 5 years you're still way ahead of hoarding FRNs in a digital account.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby everything » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 pm

No way, people are just starting to panic and bail.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I don't think this drop is independent from teh Fed's QE3 comments at all. Eventually people will see that the Fed hasn't and won't stop printing.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby theo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 pm

beauanderos wrote:This isn't capitulation yet if people are still talking about going all in. Thus, the market will drift/plunge lower still. :sick:

In general I agree with you, but we are a pretty hard core group. I'm buying all the way down to $9 if need be.

I'm sure there was a group that rode silver from the 1980 peak all the way down to the 1999 lows.

Of course paper PMs are another matter. I paired down quite a bit when it broke through $26 and started getting back in a little today.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm

I bought some today. Will buy more if it goes down a lot more. Would like to pick up more ASE's for $13 each like I did in 2008 :D
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Robarons » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 pm

The thought that runs thru my head is this:

When spot was trending to $22-$23 premiums where something like $3 over for .999 and $4.99 over for 90%!
I would joke with the coin shop owner that if given time (this was May) would premiums retreat and supply return to normal, in say July (my exact guess)
He said yes

But silver has fallen so much that supply and premiums never adjusted to $22, but here we are at $18 not having any problems. Supply and premiums seem normal to me, if not a tad bit higher than normal.

So the pain might not be fully over yet, but all in should never be an option. You should always have cash to buy more, if not for special bargains alone
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I agree it's not as bad as last time, but premiums are high right now. And there's another thing to consider: the same premium is a higher percentage of the total price as price comes down. $2 over was a 5% premium at $40; it's a 10% premium at $20.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 pm

scyther wrote:I agree it's not as bad as last time, but premiums are high right now. And there's another thing to consider: the same premium is a higher percentage of the total price as price comes down. $2 over was a 5% premium at $40; it's a 10% premium at $20.

Yeah, but as we get near a bottom channel for silver ( wherever its is) online vendors will be competing over time and prices should adjust to premiums that become standard IMHO. I do agree that they get a better margin as spot price drops and the premium does not. I think that will have to adjust, especially if low silver prices are a hallmark of demand and thus a market that scoffs at silver accumulation. I mean, if silver drops to $10 or less, that says a lot about demand no matter what. As far as I see it, sellers can not expect much over spot if the market goes cold on silver.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Robarons » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Years ago when Silver traded from $10-$20, more specially in the $12-17 range you saw $1 over for generics and something like $2- $2.50 over for bullion dealers.

We arent there yet but if silver sits at $18 or a specific spot price long enough it will. The only difference was the market was ALOT smaller before the run-up for Silver and Gold

From what I have been told by dealers more people ask for silver or gold, even if just for a few rounds, now than they did in 2006 or earlier.

I remember going to my local show asking dealers for the only 2 words I knew- "Bullion" and "Silver Eagles", That was it according to google. Dealers didnt know what the hack I was talking about in 2006 other than the 2-3 bullion guys. Now it seems ALL dealers have a small bullion section
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Robarons wrote:Years ago when Silver traded from $10-$20, more specially in the $12-17 range you saw $1 over for generics and something like $2- $2.50 over for bullion dealers.

We arent there yet but if silver sits at $18 or a specific spot price long enough it will. The only difference was the market was ALOT smaller before the run-up for Silver and Gold

From what I have been told by dealers more people ask for silver or gold, even if just for a few rounds, now than they did in 2006 or earlier.

I remember going to my local show asking dealers for the only 2 words I knew- "Bullion" and "Silver Eagles", That was it according to google. Dealers didnt know what the hack I was talking about in 2006 other than the 2-3 bullion guys. Now it seems ALL dealers have a small bullion section

Westminster has about a $1.20 premium right now on its generics. I think sub $1 premiums are feasible if silver drops down to $10 range. The more dealers that sell bullion and ASE's, the more price competition too. Beautiful thing cited by the bears is that mining is constantly pulling silver out of the ground. There are that many more people that have signed on to allocating some of their money to precious metals. I don't think the market for silver will be the same as it was the post 1980's to early 2000's. If anything, I think the internet has awakened more people to info about having some real money in the form of PMs.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Yes Barry I'm all in based on your previous advice. Hope it goes up soon or I may need to live in your spare room.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals