BOTTOM ?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

BOTTOM ?

Postby Country » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:46 am

Looking GOOD right now. All of a sudden too, nice spike higher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLICK THUMBNAIL ABOVE TO GET LARGER CHART.

CLICK THUMBNAIL ABOVE TO GET LARGER CHART.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: BOTTOM ?

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:55 am

It has been a few days since the "L" was in our favor. It feels good even if it is temporary :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Robarons » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:09 am

Seems more blessed for Silver than Gold
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby slvrbck » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 am

I was thinking the same thing. However if we're all thinking bottom we probably have further to fall.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 am

slvrbck wrote:I was thinking the same thing. However if we're all thinking bottom we probably have further to fall.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see a dollar or two rise for the summer months, but this probably isn't the bottom. just some bull $h!t the fed is doing to inflate the prices. if you look at the kitco charts, price was steady until the NY market opened.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SoFa » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I could be 100% wrong, but I think it was the bottom.
Chairs!
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:23 pm

I could also be 100% wrong, but I think it was the bottom too.

Prost!
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:29 pm

yeh.......this is the bottom....did you just see Sep's open interest?......81,000 cars?....that's HUGE...on an up day like this with 73,000 cars traded?

THAT IS HUGE.

I have no compunctions......this is a bottom...no hopium..a bottom in silver, period, end of sentence. Bless all you guys....just got me a NEW ride along mover today!!! a Cub Cadet, 22 horse with a 46 inch cutter.....i'm going to read a bit more, than go play. n.

ps....I bought the mower on terms of zero interest, and not due to Jan 2015...AND it only cost me $700! my guys at the large chain agri store, took my old one back as a "return"...it WAS junk, I did get jammed....but they didn't HAVE to treat me like kin...they just did...they're both vets too. hoo-ah.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:32 pm

barrytrot wrote:It has been a few days since the "L" was in our favor. It feels good even if it is temporary :)

its real....watch.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:34 pm

This spike needs a strong follow through confirmation next week to march higher away from these levels. If sentiment change has occurred, shorts will be scrambling to their bear caves. I can hardly wait! It might take awhile, but if it is a true change, sovereign buying should recommence. Certainly, a retest of some sorts needs to occur also. While a vicious downtrend is very quick usually, the new uptrend cycle will grind slowly higher.

Regardless, isn't this a good way to end the week! :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:35 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
barrytrot wrote:It has been a few days since the "L" was in our favor. It feels good even if it is temporary :)

its real....watch.

That would be great for me. I still have that set of "paper silver" with a buy-price of $29 that I'm under water on :)

I would like to get above water on that as well.

And of course my few ounces of the real hard stuff :)
barrytrot

Postby Country » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 pm

When will we know if the speculator CME short position has been reduced?
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Just had a thought, any chance this is short covering before options expiry? A new month is approaching...

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:43 pm

InfleXion wrote:Just had a thought, any chance this is short covering before options expiry? A new month is approaching...

Could be - closing out positions at the end of the quarter. Next week will prove if the uptrend has validity!
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Country wrote:When will we know if the speculator CME short position has been reduced?

I don't know about speculators but the commercial shorts have already been dropping like a rock.

The last report I saw was I want to say 6/10 which was a Monday, and I think they come out weekly.

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Country wrote:This spike needs a strong follow through confirmation next week to march higher away from these levels. If sentiment change has occurred, shorts will be scrambling to their bear caves. I can hardly wait! It might take awhile, but if it is a true change, sovereign buying should recommence. Certainly, a retest of some sorts needs to occur also. While a vicious downtrend is very quick usually, the new uptrend cycle will grind slowly higher.

Regardless, isn't this a good way to end the week! :mrgreen:

true....what you write Country....very true....i'm just going off of gut instinct on my proclamation.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:54 pm

barrytrot wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

its real....watch.

And of course my few ounces of the real hard stuff :)

of course! ....who can resist?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:34 pm

How often does a bottom get made on the last trading day of quarter??? Would that be common/realistic? Or is this just a spike due to end of quarter volatility and the underlying trend remains in place??? I have NO idea.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:36 pm

:P okay some of you guys have charts all at the tips of your fingertips,when was the last time silver gained this big of a % in a day,or at least when was the last daily gain over 1.10? cheers! ha!
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Coppercrazy wrote::P okay some of you guys have charts all at the tips of your fingertips,when was the last time silver gained this big of a % in a day,or at least when was the last daily gain over 1.10? cheers! ha!

Today's gain was +6.21% (+$1.15)

(London Fix)

Feb 28, 2012 - $35.60
Feb, 29, 2012 - $37.23

This was the last time SILVER gained more than $1.15, but the percentage increase was smaller.

I have no idea when SILVER gained more than 6.21% previously !! It must a long time ago in the first decade of the 21st century.
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby scyther » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Country wrote:
Coppercrazy wrote::P okay some of you guys have charts all at the tips of your fingertips,when was the last time silver gained this big of a % in a day,or at least when was the last daily gain over 1.10? cheers! ha!

Today's gain was +6.21% (+$1.15)

(London Fix)

Feb 28, 2012 - $35.60
Feb, 29, 2012 - $37.23

This was the last time SILVER gained more than $1.15, but the percentage increase was smaller.

I have no idea when SILVER gained more than 6.21% previously !! It must a long time ago in the first decade of the 21st century.

Wow. I had no idea the move was that significant...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:03 am

The move is significant... and welcome. However, it would bear greater significance if it had occurred after several days of incremental days, rather than as a countermove to moves of nearly similar magnitude to the downside in previous days. As stated by others, in order to be meaningful there needs to be at least two strong continuation days. If I was the evil little batstir in charge of demoralization at the JPMorgan proprietary trading desks this is exactly the kind of move I would foment to crush the spirits of those who still have hope. Let the market run up, then reel it back in on consecutive days, over and over until the big fish is too tired to fight any longer and just floats on the surface gasping.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Country » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:47 pm

(ALL QUOTES USING LONDON AFTERNOON FIX)

Looks like it occurred April 27, 2011. SILVER rose $3.40 from $45.30 to $48.70; a 7.5% increase from the day before. That was the day of the peak SILVER!

Previous to that looks like it occurred November 4, 2009. SILVER rose $1.13 from $16.35 to $17.48; a 6.9% increase from the day before. Breakout above $20 SILVER commenced September 8, 2010 and SILVER rose to $30.70 by December 30, 2010; 4 months and a 50+% rise. Could history repeat in 2013 ?

From the $19.66 SILVER spot today, a rise above $21 is essential to verify the new uptrend. Above that, $26 is STRONG resistance, the old critical support level. I'm hopeful... :thumbup:
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby barrytrot » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Interesting that the other "giant leaps" have been harbingers of BAD and not GOOD.

This time - who knows :)
barrytrot

Postby Country » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:52 pm

barrytrot wrote:Interesting that the other "giant leaps" have been harbingers of BAD and not GOOD.

This time - who knows :)

Actually, the last one bad, and the previous one good. Bad, if it happens near a top. Good, if it happens near a bottom (or long consolidation). I'm hoping Friday's jump is one of the good ones! :thumbup:
Country
Realcent Moderator

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals