three to six months of banding action

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

three to six months of banding action

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 pm

watch...for the next 3 to 6 months, we will be range bound in silver.....18 to 22.

on the gold/silver ration....gold will flip around from 70-1 to 50/55-1.

that's what I see, barring of course, some macro implosion, which probably will originate in China.

ps...if anybody has any charts that would either buttress that or refute that, I would sure would appreciate the knowledge base.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: three to six months of banding action

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:51 pm

The big unknown is whether a real shortage in physical is imminent. Some are claiming that the outflow of physical to both India and China have been stupendous and is just accelerating, and that is extending even to silver - what with India making it difficult to buy gold some there are now switching to silver. If that data is real they alone are buying far more than can be produced and that could blow PMs off the chart sooner that a TA would suggest.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:51 pm

68Camaro wrote:The big unknown is whether a real shortage in physical is imminent. Some are claiming that the outflow of physical to both India and China have been stupendous and is just accelerating, and that is extending even to silver - what with India making it difficult to buy gold some there are now switching to silver. If that data is real they alone are buying far more than can be produced and that could blow PMs off the chart sooner that a TA would suggest.

really?...I believe you. Gosh, I haven't seen anything about this.....yeh, if that's the case.....watch out.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:32 am

Take it with a grain of salt, but...

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/ ... horts.html

There seems to be evidence that Indians are turning to silver as an alternate to the now (for them) difficult to get gold because of new Indian government regulations designed to try keep Rupees from flowing out.

Sprott is quoted:

I just read some data on India. It said that India, last year (in the) first five months, imported 1,900 tons of silver. So far this year they have imported 2,400 tons. Now to understand the significance of this I have to tell you that the amount of tons (of silver) mined (annually) is 25,000.

At 2,400 tons in the first five months, you are basically talking at least 5,000 tons (of silver) for the whole year. That would be 20% of the world's (annual) silver production. And this is not going into industrial uses. This is going into savings (for investment purposes).

And there is only a certain percent of the silver market, which can go into savings because a lot goes into industrial. But here is the 'piece de resistance,' they said (India) imported 720 tons in April (annualize 8,000 tons). In May it went to 900 tons, annualized call it 11,000 (tons). We're going from 1,900 tons (of silver Indians were purchasing) to 11,000 tons, in a 25,000 ton market. That's impossible. There's not that amount of silver available for investment.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:00 am

It wasn't too long ago that I heard the Mexican mints were having trouble sourcing silver...which is kind of like Saudi gas distributors having trouble sourcing refined petroleum.

Premiums may be high, but I keep wading in deeper with every drop.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals