Share your best Ebay steals/deals

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Share your best Ebay steals/deals

Postby gothboi30 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Ok folks, I've been stalking Ebay lately, looking for that "super" deal on gold or silver.....hasn't happened yet, but I want to hear from those of you who got a really good, great, or maybe even a once in a lifetime "steal of a deal" on Ebay. Links and pics are great additions to the stories too!! If you have any secrets to share, they're welcome too!! Come on, people, fess up!! 8-)
gothboi30
Penny Collector Member

Re: Share your best Ebay steals/deals

Postby twentybux » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Here's one for you. About 1 1/2 years ago on ebay I picked up 6 peace silver dollars for $18. Not $18 bucks a piece but $18 total including shipping. Got them in the mail and yup, they were the real deal. Tried to buy some more off the guy again and he pulled the auction before I could snatch them up. Not too shabby if you ask me...$3 a piece for a peace silver dollar. Still makes me smile today. :D
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 999Ni » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 am

great find twentybux!

i can never find a "great deal" on ebay. seems like everyone is scouring the "bay" for silver.....
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justoneguy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 am

last month, i bought a peace + a morgan + 2 40% ikes combined for $35
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ScottyTX » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:27 am

Around 10 years ago I picke up a 50.00 face original bank box of 1979-d copper pennies for 23.89 shipped! Its not my best gainer but oh boy... My best deal ever came when Microsoft was running their 30% off live.com promotion. I netted over 4k profit buying and selling silver eagles. At one point I bought an entire Monster box for 11.19 per silver eagle, ouch I wish I still had that in the closet!!!!!
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mr18 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 am

no luck on ebay for me, but have found some great deals on Craigslist and flea markets
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm

i personally veer away from "too good to be true" deals, i stick with a small group of stand up American silver coin dealers, and have never, thank God, been burned once.

i was fortunate enough to catch that last swoop down to the 9-10 dollar area and be able to slash and burn with abandon.

Now, i just pay up, in a real bull market, you gotta pay up. Looking for steals, brings the old axiom, "save a nickel, lose a dollar" to mind.

imho, the only "steal" left is getting them $100 boxes of nickels from the bank and just stack 'em.

don't worry, gonna come a day when $25-35 silver WAS the steal. this bull market is real, and its deep.

The Fed's printing paper, we're at Peak Oil, and every muslim in the world hates us, and soon the Chinese will too.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby traderchowder » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:00 pm

So far I've only managed to get a small lot of Canadian silver under spot, 3 dimes and 1 quarter for probably like .50-1.00 under spot, plus there were 5 .999 nickel Canadian nickels in the lot. So I got cheap silver and free nickels! Or expensive nickels and free silver - I can't decide which :D Not a huge win, but was psyched!
traderchowder

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Just scored a bunch of barber quarters for 20x face...I think that's pretty good...
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aristobolus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:41 am

I bought a 1909 S VDB Lincoln in VG condition for $280.00 last year! I think the reason why it sold so low is that it was listed as a "1909S V D B"; the spaces between the letters were all important. By spacing them, the coinn did not show up in a search for a VDB.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals